Champions League & Europa draws complete | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Champions League & Europa draws complete

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I wouldn't mind seeing away goal weighting go away in the later stages of this tournament. The teams are too evenly matched to have a goal count as double away from home field. In any event - go Atleti! There stadium can rock - I was there for the derby in September and it was live. Such a passionate fan base

I would get rid of it altogether. It's an antiquated practice for back when travel was actually difficult.

Reaction Score
City needed a win and goals against Real at home, especially with Ronaldo not playing. If he is fit enough for the return leg in Madrid, City is going to be in trouble.

I don't know, City will definitely be the underdogs, but if Ronaldo plays the game will be more open for City, which helps them. Without Silva, City has no chance to break down Real when they get their defense set, but a Ronaldo-Benzema-Bale front line features three guys that really don't track back, and gives City more of a chance on the counter.

Reaction Score
Congrats to Atletico for making the final. Wonder if Simeone will be punished for his little shove of the 4th official. Hoping for a rematch of the 2014 Madrid Derby.

Reaction Score
That was an exciting finish. Getting knocked out on away goals is a tough way to bow out.

Simeone should get some type of punishment.

Reaction Score
They are under way at the Bernabeu.
Ronaldo is in, Benzema and Casemiro are out for Real. For City, no Silva or Zabaleta, , but Toure is back (not at 100%). I think this could get ugly with Real running away with it (hope I'm wrong).

Reaction Score
Kompany goes off injured in the 10th minute, untouched too. He was grabbing his thigh.... feel bad for the guy, he just can't shake the injury bug. And with Belgium in Euros this summer, will he (a) be able to play, and if he does, will he spend all next season injured because he couldn't rest/heal up appropriately.

@Mr. Conehead and @meyers7 , Arsenal should be getting a pretty depleted City team on Sunday.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Kompany goes off injured in the 10th minute, untouched too. He was grabbing his thigh.... feel bad for the guy, he just can't shake the injury bug. And with Belgium in Euros this summer, will he (a) be able to play, and if he does, will he spend all next season injured because he couldn't rest/heal up appropriately.

@Mr. Conehead and @meyers7 , Arsenal should be getting a pretty depleted City team on Sunday.
I'd like to see this game go 120 minutes and then Man City crushed in KFTM. A heartbreaker that will take a least a week to get over. ;)

( and then maybe some travel problems getting home :D)

Reaction Score
I used to be a huge Bale fan until he broke out the blonde high lighted man bun.

Reaction Score
I'd like to see this game go 120 minutes and then Man City crushed in KFTM. A heartbreaker that will take a least a week to get over. ;)

( and then maybe some travel problems getting home :D)
Wenger rented every fog machine on the island and has them strategically placed all around the airport in Manchester. They are going to be exhausted. They had no legs left at the end of this game, and if there's no Silva, Zabaleta, and Kompany... that's tough. de Bruyne and Aguero could still cause Arsenal some fits tho.

A Madrid derby it is. La Liga has a chance to have all 4 teams in the 2 European finals if Sevilla and Villareal handle their business tomorrow. That is impressive. It's not Leicester winning the EPL impressive, but impressive none the less.

Reaction Score

Do not underestimate Arsenal's determination to finish 4th!

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
2 down, 2 to go for La Liga. If Sevilla and Villarreal finish off their Europa League ties tomorrow, I don't know how anyone could claim the PL is better than La Liga when Spain could take a year off from Europe and still be in first place in the UEFA coefficients. Also, anyone know if Kosovo (who became a UEFA member yesterday) will be allowed to compete in next year's competitions. I feel they will have to wait a year, but we will see.

Reaction Score
At the half in both games:
Liverpool up 1-0 on Villareal (an own goal in the 7th minute). They are 1-1 on aggregate and even on away goals (so far).
Sevilla 1-1 v Shahktar Donetsk. They are 3-3 on aggregate, Sevilla with the away goal advantage.

Reaction Score
Sevilla goes up 2-1 on Shahktar early 2nd half. Gameiro with both goals.

Reaction Score
Ruh roh... Liverpool just went up 2-0 (Sturridge, 63rd minute), now leads 2-1 aggregate.
Sevilla appears to be pulling away, now up 3-1, now leads 5-3 aggregate.

shizzle787

Reaction Score
Atletico and Sevilla to take the titles: Spain dominates again.

Reaction Score
Sevilla will be playing for their 3rd straight Europa championship.

Reaction Score
Sevilla wins Europa. Liverpool looked to be the better team in the first half, up 1-0... but Sevilla controlled the 2nd - scoring less than a minute into the 2nd half to tie it up, then Coke adding 2 more to secure it.

So Liverpool goes from being 90 minutes away to a UCL birth to out of all European competition next season.

shizzle787

Reaction Score
Sevilla wins Europa. Liverpool looked to be the better team in the first half, up 1-0... but Sevilla controlled the 2nd - scoring less than a minute into the 2nd half to tie it up, then Coke adding 2 more to secure it.

So Liverpool goes from being 90 minutes away to a UCL birth to out of all European competition next season.
This is huge for Serie A because England will only have 4 teams picking up coefficient points in the CL as opposed to possibly 5, and the gap between the two leagues remains under two points going into next season.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
This is huge for Serie A because England will only have 4 teams picking up coefficient points in the CL as opposed to possibly 5, and the gap between the two leagues remains under two points going into next season.
Where did you get that?

Latest coefficient rankings 5/18/16 had England at 76.284 and Italy at 70.439.

shizzle787

Reaction Score
Where did you get that?

Latest coefficient rankings 5/18/16 had England at 76.284 and Italy at 70.439.
Going into next year you drop the 11/12 season where England had a roughly four point advantage over Italy in that solitary season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom