Champions League & Europa draws complete | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Champions League & Europa draws complete

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It had to be Ronaldo....

Oh well. Hopefully Atleti can do something special tomorrow.....

Reaction Score
DOWN GOES BARÇA!!!!!!! Always nice to see the underdog go thru.

Atletico, Real, Bayern, City.

And then there were 4. Any shot Bayern and Real are drawn against each other for the semis? Gotta think UEFA wouldn't let that happen.

Reaction Score

Atletico, Real, Bayern, City.

And then there were 4. Any shot Bayern and Real are drawn against each other for the semis? Gotta think UEFA wouldn't let that happen.

Why couldn't Barca run out of gas before they played Arsenal in the prior r9und?

Reaction Score
Atleti follows Simeone's tactics flawlessly and advances despite 28% possession. Vamos!

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score

I'm going to say it's usually nice to see the underdog go through. I love Barca but they looked beat.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score

I just don't want City to draw Real. Ronaldo is on a mission.

Reaction Score
I just don't want City to draw Real. Ronaldo is on a mission.
Agreed. Give us Atletico which would even still make us underdogs. But De Bruyne's in scorching form right now and Mangala/Otamendi looked a lot better together than I would've thought. I'd love to see a titanic semi between Real and Bayern. That would also ensure a somewhat unconventional team (not Bayern, Real, Barca, Chelsea, Juve) makes the final.

Reaction Score
Hoping for a Madrid derby in the semi's. I think they're the best 2 teams remaining. City has a better shot of reaching the finals v Bayern than they do playing either Spanish side (same holds true for Bayern).

Reaction Score
My god... Liverpool just pulled off an incredible comeback. At Anfield, down 3-1 in the second half, they score 3 goals in 25 minutes, the last one a Lovren header in stoppage time. Unbelievable to see and I feel special for having watched that live.

Shakhtar went thru comfortably against Braga, 4-0 (6-1 agg), as did Villarreal against Sparta 4-2 (6-2). Bilbao and Sevilla in extra time!

Reaction Score
UCL semi-final draw complete (Home team for first leg listed first):

City v Real
Atletico v Bayern.

I'm predicting a Madrid derby in Milan.

Reaction Score
Europa draw complete (home team of first leg listed first)

Villareal v Liverpool
Shakhtar v Sevilla

Reaction Score
UCL semi-final draw complete (Home team for first leg listed first):

City v Real
Atletico v Bayern.

I'm predicting a Madrid derby in Milan.

Please no, tied of the Spanish teams...

Reaction Score
Bayern over Atletico: Simeone's a tactical genius and I could easily see him pulling this one out. But, Pep may be an even better tactician. Plus, Boateng should be back for this.

City over Real: Homer pick! De Bruyne is about to put the world on his shoulders for City. Plus, when Real have looked vulnerable this year, they've looked very bad. Their inconsistency will be their undoing.

City over Bayern: screw it, I pick them to beat Real I'm gonna pick them to beat Bayern. Absolutely nothing factual would point to this so I have no reasons to back this up, other then being a fan of MCFC.

Liverpool over Villarreal: Wow. That comeback was unbelievable. Origi's also in excellent form. If they can't beat a solid, but not overly good squad like Villarreal, then their win over BVB was truly a fluke.

Shakhtar over Sevilla: another homer pick, but less of an upset than City. Kovalenko is really coming into his own. Euros could be his coming out party, and at the ripe old age of 20, he's got the world in front of him. Shakhtar's stingy defense is also capable of holding down Gamiero, Konoplyanka, etc.

Shakhtar over Liverpool: If both of my clubs win these competitions it would be incredible. Shakhtar's got a better shot than City. Again, it would be up to their defense to contain Origi, Coutinho and the rest. All it would take is one counterattack from Taison or Marlos.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
I have Bayern over Real Madrid in the CL final, and Shakhtar over Liverpool in the EL final.

Reaction Score
City manages a scoreless draw v Real. Good news for City is no away goal, bad news is there's very little probability they draw at Real.

Reaction Score
City manages a scoreless draw v Real. Good news for City is no away goal, bad news is there's very little probability they draw at Real.

City needed a win and goals against Real at home, especially with Ronaldo not playing. If he is fit enough for the return leg in Madrid, City is going to be in trouble.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Sterling should have scored late. That 1st touch was MLS caliber.

Reaction Score
Shakhtar and Sevilla draw 2-2 (2 big away goals for Sevilla, they should handle themselves back in Spain)
Villareal 1-0 over Liverpool, with the winning goal scored in 92nd minute. Sets up for an exciting return leg at Anfield. That is anyone's game.

I really hope it is not an all Spanish final for both UCL and Europa. Would like to see City v Atletico and Liverppol v Sevilla.

Reaction Score
I wouldn't mind seeing away goal weighting go away in the later stages of this tournament. The teams are too evenly matched to have a goal count as double away from home field. In any event - go Atleti! There stadium can rock - I was there for the derby in September and it was live. Such a passionate fan base

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom