Champions and Europa League play begins!

Discussion in 'Soccer' started by SAMCRO, Sep 11, 2017.

1. Samoo

Samoo

Instead of the cheers I could hear the boos for the red card followed by the groans for the goal

meyers7 likes this.
  2. WestHartHusk

WestHartHusk $3M a Year With March Off

What are you doing in Serbia?

3. LIuconn

LIuconn

Spurs-Madrid today

Atleti can't score. Need to win and pray over the last two legs

4. shizzle787

shizzle787 King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool

Normally, I would want to win my group, but as a Juve fan I think it is actually advantageous to finish second and avoid possibly facing RM or Bayern. If group stage ended today, Juve's possible opponents if they finished 2nd would be Liverpool, Man City, Besiktas, PSG, Tottenham, or Man U. I like my odds better than actually winning the group.

5. SAMCRO

SAMCRO

6. UConnTrumbull

UConnTrumbull Simba Walker on Twitter

Huge win for Spurs. Hope they go deep in the CL. Real look lost this season though they'll progress easily since Dortmund have screwed themselves with two straight draws against APOEL.

WestHartHusk and LIuconn like this.
  7. LIuconn

LIuconn

buncha boring games today. Atleti finally get a couple including an all-timer from future ManU/Barca/PSG/NYCFC striker Griezmann

8. HuskyHawk

HuskyHawk I'm tryin' real hard to be the shepherd.

I think they’d be pretty big underdogs against all those teams except Bestikas and Liverpool.

9. LIuconn

LIuconn

Do (with loads of help) or die for Atleti tomorrow.

I only follow them, Spurs and Dortmund, so not sure of all the group possibilities.

10. shizzle787

Atletico needs a miracle. A win and Roma draw at home to Qarabag. Neither are likely.

11. LIuconn

LIuconn

Atletico gets its goal.....but so does Roma. Diego Costa to the Europa league :(. All they had to do was earn 4 pts off Qarabag

UConnDan97 likes this.
  12. UConnDan97

UConnDan97 predicting undefeated seasons since 1983

Not trying to find joy in your pain, but it was a big day for the Italian sides which made me happy. Roma and Juve are through, with Roma winning the group.

If Napoli can take care of Feyenoord and if Man City will oblige against Shaktar, I'll be extremely happy with that outcome...

Last edited: Dec 5, 2017
  13. LIuconn

LIuconn

All good - for a minute there was a glimmer of hope. This will probably usher in a new era at the Caldero....Wanda (ugh). They should have taken care of biz against Q.

I didn't realize that many Italian clubs can make it to the knockout. Quite the renaissance.

UConnDan97 likes this.
  14. UConNick

UConNick

Shakhtar hand Man City their first competitive loss of the year! Impressive effort from my Ukrainians, outshot City and at times asserted themselves. Though it wasn't the top squad for City (my favorite English club for the record) there were enough of the regulars that on paper they should've at least picked up a draw.

Don't sleep on Shakhtar in the knockout rounds. If they can avoid PSG or Barça, I think they can have a puncher's chance at getting to the quarters.

Impressive to see all five EPL teams get to the knockout, with four as group winners. Flexing their muscles nicely.

Other scores of note: Liverpool got SEVEN against Spartak. Real with a late winner over Dortmund, though I thought Pulisic played fine. Porto won 5-2 over Monaco. Overall a fun day of games with a ton of goals.

15. shizzle787

All six Italian clubs will either be in the CL or EL knockout rounds. Impressive.

UConnDan97 likes this.