Champions and Europa League play begins! | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Champions and Europa League play begins!

Samoo

Providence-Newark-San Antonio
Reaction Score
Fortunately (well for me anyway), Arsenal able to grab 3 points on a wonder goal from Giroud.

Not sure how long this will stay up. Basically lying on his back.

Instead of the cheers I could hear the boos for the red card followed by the groans for the goal

Reaction Score
Spurs-Madrid today

Atleti can't score. Need to win and pray over the last two legs

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Normally, I would want to win my group, but as a Juve fan I think it is actually advantageous to finish second and avoid possibly facing RM or Bayern. If group stage ended today, Juve's possible opponents if they finished 2nd would be Liverpool, Man City, Besiktas, PSG, Tottenham, or Man U. I like my odds better than actually winning the group.

Reaction Score
buncha boring games today. Atleti finally get a couple including an all-timer from future ManU/Barca/PSG/NYCFC striker Griezmann

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Normally, I would want to win my group, but as a Juve fan I think it is actually advantageous to finish second and avoid possibly facing RM or Bayern. If group stage ended today, Juve's possible opponents if they finished 2nd would be Liverpool, Man City, Besiktas, PSG, Tottenham, or Man U. I like my odds better than actually winning the group.

I think they’d be pretty big underdogs against all those teams except Bestikas and Liverpool.

Reaction Score
Do (with loads of help) or die for Atleti tomorrow.

I only follow them, Spurs and Dortmund, so not sure of all the group possibilities.

shizzle787

Reaction Score
Do (with loads of help) or die for Atleti tomorrow.

I only follow them, Spurs and Dortmund, so not sure of all the group possibilities.
Atletico needs a miracle. A win and Roma draw at home to Qarabag. Neither are likely.

Reaction Score
Atletico gets its goal.....but so does Roma. Diego Costa to the Europa league :(. All they had to do was earn 4 pts off Qarabag

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Atletico gets its goal.....but so does Roma. Diego Costa to the Europa league :(. All they had to do was earn 4 pts off Qarabag

Not trying to find joy in your pain, but it was a big day for the Italian sides which made me happy. Roma and Juve are through, with Roma winning the group.

If Napoli can take care of Feyenoord and if Man City will oblige against Shaktar, I'll be extremely happy with that outcome...

Last edited:
Reaction Score
All good - for a minute there was a glimmer of hope. This will probably usher in a new era at the Caldero....Wanda (ugh). They should have taken care of biz against Q.

I didn't realize that many Italian clubs can make it to the knockout. Quite the renaissance.

Reaction Score
Shakhtar hand Man City their first competitive loss of the year! Impressive effort from my Ukrainians, outshot City and at times asserted themselves. Though it wasn't the top squad for City (my favorite English club for the record) there were enough of the regulars that on paper they should've at least picked up a draw.

Don't sleep on Shakhtar in the knockout rounds. If they can avoid PSG or Barça, I think they can have a puncher's chance at getting to the quarters.

Impressive to see all five EPL teams get to the knockout, with four as group winners. Flexing their muscles nicely.

Other scores of note: Liverpool got SEVEN against Spartak. Real with a late winner over Dortmund, though I thought Pulisic played fine. Porto won 5-2 over Monaco. Overall a fun day of games with a ton of goals.

shizzle787

Reaction Score
All six Italian clubs will either be in the CL or EL knockout rounds. Impressive.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom