Champions and Europa League play begins! | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Champions and Europa League play begins!

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Dortmund should have started the Golden Boy. Maybe they would take Sturridge and Firmino straight up for him.

Reaction Score
Real got lucky with Ramos' handball no-call. Real definitely was the better team, but don't look as strong as they did last year. Tottenham may have a chance to win the group.

Atleti's turn tomorrow

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Harry Kane is ridiculous. Spurs were lucky not to be down 2-1 at the half (one shot of the cross bar, and Lloris with an awful clearance attempt that ricochetted off his defended and just missed rolling into the goal), but they dominated the 2nd half and that was without Alli, Ericksen, and Vertonghen in the line up... now if they could just win league games at Wembley.
Sets up for a big home and home with Real over the next 2 matches.

Big matches today are Atletico v Chelsea today (too bad Diego Costa can't play for Atletico yet), and PSG v Bayern.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Big matches today are Atletico v Chelsea today (too bad Diego Costa can't play for Atletico yet), and PSG v Bayern.

Yet neither are on FS1 or 2.

Reaction Score
Lukaku and Martial are a dangerous duo for United. Up 3-0 over CSKA Moscow in less than 30 minutes. Lukaku with 2 goals, Martial w/ a goal and 2 assists.

Reaction Score
Atleti need some midfield help and Costa, pronto. ManU look to be the leaders in the clubhouse.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
So is the EPL the best league in Europe now?

Reaction Score
The money may have finally caught up to the play on the field. Can easily see ManU/City/Chelsea in the finals

Reaction Score
I'm as Spurs guy, too - but need to see how they stack up with the Manchesters and L'pool. Hopefully they're up for it and have the depth to get through both league grinds

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Just finished watching Arsenal's Europa league game. It was never in doubt, but Gunner's fans must be a tad disappointed in giving up two goals. I'm sure they thought they were going to master BATE.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Just finished watching Arsenal's Europa league game. It was never in doubt, but Gunner's fans must be a tad disappointed in giving up two goals. I'm sure they thought they were going to master BATE.
Haven't seen the whole thing yet, but I believe one of BATE's goals was kinda flukey. But yea, really shouldn't giving up 2 goals. But 3 points is 3 points. Nobody will remember if we top the table.

Reaction Score
UCL is back this week...
The 3 biggest games all involve EPL teams.... Real v Spurs and City v Napoli (Napoli is on fire to start the Series A season, 8-o-o) on Tues, and Chelsea v Roma on Wed.

The other EPL games are Maribor v Liverpool on Tues, Benfica v United on Wednesday.

Reaction Score
BVB likely punched their ticket to the Europa today. CP almost pulled out 3 points at the end

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
And Spurs are through the Group of death unless they have a complete meltdown. Hell yeah!

Reaction Score
Great point yesterday for Spurs (very fortunate one at that). Between Lloris and the woodwork, they managed to hold Real from scoring during the run of play. Rose is back and looked fit when he came in of the bench. Eriksen was owned by Modric (Modric is so good, such an important player for Real). Still some work to do, but Dortmund being held to a point @ APOEL was HUGE.

Reaction Score
Great point yesterday for Spurs (very fortunate one at that). Between Lloris and the woodwork, they managed to hold Real from scoring during the run of play. Rose is back and looked fit when he came in of the bench. Eriksen was owned by Modric (Modric is so good, such an important player for Real). Still some work to do, but Dortmund being held to a point @ APOEL was HUGE.
I think Spurs deserved a point, they had some missed chances as well. About as good as you can play going into the Bernabeu.

Reaction Score
Hello Europa League Dortmund. That might tank their league effort as well. I’d rather win the league than go deep in Europa. Those late weekday games are brutal.

Reaction Score
Atleti are impotent (here's hoping this posts lands them a goal in the final minute)

Reaction Score
I think Spurs deserved a point, they had some missed chances as well. About as good as you can play going into the Bernabeu.
Agreed, Spurs deserved that point. Yes, RM had more opportunities, but both teams could easily have had 2-3 more goals than they did.

Reaction Score
I live about 1 k from the Zvezda (Red Star) stadium. They are playing Arsenal and can I hear the crowd chanting like they are next door. If Red Star scores you may be able to hear it in the US.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I live about 1 k from the Zvezda (Red Star) stadium. They are playing Arsenal and can I hear the crowd chanting like they are next door. If Red Star scores you may be able to hear it in the US.
Fortunately (well for me anyway), Arsenal able to grab 3 points on a wonder goal from Giroud.

Not sure how long this will stay up. Basically lying on his back.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom