Census results | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Census results

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
I didn't vote in this census.. so you could probably add 1 more for the South Carolina fans, 23-29 age group and male categories..

Reaction Score
Is it fair to assume that virtually no students participate on this board? If so, does anyone have a clue as to why? One would think that such a treasure as UCONN women's basketball would have a strong student following. Maybe its a millennial thing.
Time... I didn't discover this board til a year or so after graduating. And even if I had, I definitely wouldn't have had the time to stalk the board like I do now... I was always studying. Plus I think most students are more like casual fans in the sense that they love the school and the teams, and will support them, but most aren't exactly lifelong fans (yet) who will stalk 16 year olds in the hopes that they'll come to UCONN a few years down the road :) Just my 2 cents!

Reaction Score
Interesting stats Nan. I guess I consider myself a young buck on these boards (40's) ;)

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
Is it fair to assume that virtually no students participate on this board? If so, does anyone have a clue as to why? One would think that such a treasure as UCONN women's basketball would have a strong student following. Maybe its a millennial thing.

I've been going to WBB games since 1981 and it has been like that the entire time.

ctfjr

Life is short, ride hard
Reaction Score
I think the older average age may also stem from the fact that CPTV is the one that started broadcasting the games in the 90's, and public television viewers tend to be a bit on the mature side:rolleyes:
not exactly, I started watching cptv BECAUSE of UConn WBB. I'd bet I'm not alone.

Reaction Score
Was watching Sesame St with my daughter before CPTV got involved with UConn, but that marriage to the women's team was perfect at the time. They could, and did, go the extra mile to keep all of us involved. The senior nights were special.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
not exactly, I started watching cptv BECAUSE of UConn WBB. I'd bet I'm not alone.
Yep, CPTV lost a major source of revenue when it lost the UConn contract.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
UConn WBB was a hot property following the '95 Championship. They got a whole lot of attention in a state that had very little sports to crow about. I think a lot of us long in the tooth fans got interested then and we have been hanging around since. I also think old age, infirmary and death have contributed to the attendance fall off.

Maybe a short poll could be - how long have you been a fan of UConn WBB?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom