Celts/Heat Dame 7 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Celts/Heat Dame 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
The Heat had 3 all stars last year and still lost. James didn't even showing up in the 4th quarter. Jordan's Bulls would not have lost last year to the Mavs.

This is year 2 of the Heat experiment. Jordan won 3, took two years off, came back and won 3 more. It's not even close who had the superior talent and sheer will to win.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1339332634.455115.jpg

44c30a75-98d8-ec9c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction Score
LeBron never had the quality supporting cast or superior coaching Jordan had. When comes to LeBron people seem to forget it is a team sport. He played mist of his career on teams that didn't have one other legitimate all-star. The guys to whom he is most often compared played with Hall of Farmers. Jordan is still the GOAT, but LeBron's talent set is superior and he is still only 27. Let's compare in 6 or 7 years.
Different positions, different players. Nobody was better than Jordan: not Coby, not Lebron, not anybody.

Reaction Score
The Jordan comparisons will end right now OK. Let Lebron have his own legacy, for the record I do like Lebron btw but I hate the Heat. Something about Lebrons demeanor has looked different this year, he admitted "the decision" was stupid. In game 6 or 7 he played with that killer instinct, and showed it on his face. He had that cold blooded killer look on him even after game 7 he treated it like it was a regular season win, just walked right off the court after the Heat received the ECF trophy. I didnt see Lebron celebrate much at all and I like that.

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
He was dancing like a damn fool in the locker room with the rest of the misfits.

Reaction Score
He was dancing like a damn fool in the locker room with the rest of the misfits.

I didnt see him at all and if he was dancing in the locker room is that really an issue celebrating winning the ECF, if he was smoking a cigar, drinking champagne thats one thing. Just like you im a Knicks fan I hate the Heat more then I hate Lebron.

Reaction Score
Haslem does take cheap shots. Chalmers is another one.

You are the epitome of the bitter, idiot Knick fan. Spewing nonsense as your team solidifies their status as one of the biggest jokes in the league. It's too bad the rational fans get lumped in with the likes of you.

babysheep

Rocky
Reaction Score
What an arrogant ! I mean he only just led his team to win the Conference Finals!

And you said you weren't bitter... who are you trying to convince that you aren't, us or yourself?

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
Well I never said I wasn't bitter.

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
You sound pretty tough calling someone an idiot behind a keyboard. I feel sorry for your parents.

Now, back to the LeBron bashing.

babysheep

Rocky
Reaction Score
So you know, "butthurt" basically means bitter. Regardless of what you call it, it's still pathetic. People like you are the reason I'm a LeBron fan, I can't wait until you fools have nothing left to cling on to hate on LeBron for. You all wish you were LeBron so bad but you're scared of acknowledging it so you try to justify it through bitter hating in some attempt to make yourself feel better.

And yeah, I'm definitely posting like a tough guy.... you should just give up. Before you just sounded like a bitter child, now you just sound like an idiot.

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
Tough guy, please stop talking about my butt hurting. This is the second time that you have mentioned my butt in a thread. Please stop as you're making me uncomfortable.

Back to LeBron:

LeBron left Cleveland to try and get a ring with 2 other all stars. If he gets one, he got what he wanted. He'll still be weak and not tough enough to get win one for his home state team.

He will always be known by someone that conspired to get the easy championship. He epitomizes this generation, hard work and patience is lost among everything being so easily accesible in this day, why not a championship?

babysheep

Rocky
Reaction Score
Yeah, because LeBron has not worked hard to get to this point in his career.... you really are incredibly dense.

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
As dense as being a LeBron fan because some people don't buy into his maniacle, self loathing crap? Didn't say you were a fan for basketball reasons, but beacause of what some people think of him. Man, you miss the point. Good day to you, and I hope you find peace.

Reaction Score
Kobe is slipping now, but he was the closest thing to Jordan I've seen.

This may be true...but only because nobody is really close to him and Kobe plays his position. Kobe was never nearly as good as people have suggested he is. He is an inefficient volume scorer (especially compared to Jordan). Below are their stats, arranged by FG% (just to highlight this). In an era when you could clothesline someone without it being more than a regular foul, Jordan's 10th best shooting performance was better than Kobe's best. Jordan was better, in many cases, by far, than Kobe at every meaningful stat except 3 pt %.

The only years Jordan shot worse than Kobe's best shooting years: the year he broke his leg, the year before he retired a 2nd time, his two years in Washington, and the year he came out of retirement and played fewer than 20 games mid season.

Screen shot 2012-06-10 at 2.44.11 PM.png
Screen shot 2012-06-10 at 2.44.44 PM.png

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
I don't think anyone is saying Kobe was as good as Jordan. To me Kobe is the closest thing to Jordan in the game since he retired. Two both great champions in their own era.

Reaction Score
LeBron left Cleveland to try and get a ring with 2 other all stars. If he gets one, he got what he wanted. He'll still be weak and not tough enough to get win one for his home state team.

He will always be known by someone that conspired to get the easy championship. He epitomizes this generation, hard work and patience is lost among everything being so easily accesible in this day, why not a championship?

You realize KG has to go play with Ray and PP to get his ring too.

Do you think he is less of a player/winner because of that?

Reaction Score
Kobe was never the best player in the NBA for any one season. He's easily the most overrated player of our generation.
This is exactly how I feel. He was a great player (and is still very good), but he was always made to be something he wasn't, and everyone's desire for the next Jordan anointed him far too early, and he never lived up to it. I've spoken to people who claim he is the second best player ever. That is absurd.

I don't think James will ever get 5 rings, but I think he will retire with a couple and be in a higher echelon of players than Kobe (barring injury).

Reaction Score
They had no answer for Lebron James, period. I'm not sure any team in this league does if he really wants to dominate. The guy is, even beyond Michael Jordan, the single most gifted player to see the NBA court in almost anyones lifetime. He may not have the same intangibles as an MJ as far as will to win, but my god, the guy looks like an immortal on the basketball court. Between size, athletecism, strength, he may be a one in a 100 year type of player. He's a gladiator out there. His treatment is generally unfair, expectations are unreal.

Now it's a team sport and as far as that goes, the Thunder are a better team top to bottom. They cover just about every point needed on a basketball team - scoring, big bodies, defense, chemistry. They have role fillers all over the place whereas the Heat are 3 guys and a bunch of randoms. It's going to be interesting to see how the matchups take shape and who they put on James. Do they throw the smaller defender on him, a Sefalosha, or an Ibaka? Who defends Durant? A fun entertaining series with loads of talent.

I didn't hold out much hope for the Celts - their chance to win this thing was in game 6 on crowd adrenaline and when an old team like that lays an egg in their chance to tie off an improbably series on their home court because they looked tired/lifeless, it didn't seem like it was going to get much better in a game 7 away. Nice season, time to rebuild, unless they're content with semi's max for a year or two more.

I think someone with a quality inside game can stop him. KG of old could have at least slowed him down and made him think twice about going into the paint. Hell, that was why the Celtics have been decently successful against the Heat the last two years. He has an okay midrange, but it's certainly nothing special. With MJ, if you didn't let him drive, he'd pull the type of move that Kemba made against Pitt in the BET. "No drive? Fine, I'll just make you look silly as I nail the fadeaway." But he'd do that consistently, and against even the great NBA defenders. I just don't see that from Lebron. If you take away his ability to drive, he'll look dumbfounded, and put up a crappy fadeaway.

Reaction Score
Look at the Cavs teams LeBron carried to the playoffs and once to the final. Seriously, look at those rosters. Jordan was better but LeBron only halfway into his career. At the age of 27 Jordan didn't have any rings either. How did that turn out?

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
You realize KG has to go play with Ray and PP to get his ring too.

Do you think he is less of a player/winner because of that?

It depends, how was KG acquired by the Celtics?

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
Jordan had 3 rings by his 9th season. LeBron has 0 rings in 9 seasons.

Reaction Score
In a trade he had to ok before it happened. He and Ray had to ok their trade/signing to play together. How is that different from LeBron and Bosh?

So LeBron was weak for going to Miami. How many rings did MJ win without Pollen and Rodmans/Grant? Magic without Kareem and Worthy? Bird without Chalet and Parrish? KG without Ray and Paula? But LeBron was weak for leaving Cleveland lol

Reaction Score
JaYn - your raging, lusty hatred of LBJ is quite impressive. You can actually be quoted as saying that you had a problem with Lebron celebrating wildly in the locker room. That's impressive.

Fact is, LBJ is 4 games away from his 1st ring. He may or may not make it happen.

As far as I'm concerned, his years in Cleveland were wasted. It's too bad he got in such a long term deal with them.

Last year he goes to the finals for the second time. At age 26. Jordan didn't reach the finals until 27 or 28. He carried a pathetic Cleveland team on his back several times.

This year he's poised to win it. If he does, he'll be ahead of Jordan. By a lot. He's already got 3 MVPs. Check my math, but Jordan only had one at this point in his career.g

Point is, you got a wicked for this guy and you can't back it with a side by side comparison.

There's some guy out there 30 years older than you, JaYnTeRaNrS, and he was heard saying, about when Jordan was 27, "this guy is nowhere near as good as Larry Bird or Jerry West. He doesn't have any rings."

It makes no sense making career comparisons between a retired guy and a guy who is just entering the prime of his career.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom