Celtics | The Boneyard

Celtics

Reaction Score
Celts win tonight series is over.curry has a great game 1 they lose.tatum has a bad game 1 they win.based in that fact alone the celts are a better team.horford has a career night, he earned it.i hope he gets a ring.he comes across as a great guy

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
Warriors defense is horrible. Even before the 4th quarter , it was clear that Celtics’ chances in the series were going to be much better than they seemed before game 1. Celtics have vastly better defense and only slightly worse offense. Warriors will need to just blow the Celtics out of the water offensively to win games and it’s hard to see how they’ll do that 4 times given the Celtics defense.

Reaction Score
i have a significant (to me) amount of money on the celtics to win. i haven't watched a ton of the warriors post-kd, but it seemed crazy to me that they were favorites coming into the series.

this celtics team has been so much fun to watch the past few months. here's hoping they keep their foot on the gas tonight!

Reaction Score
I don't think the series is over if Boston wins tonight. Their biggest issue is consistency and they were taken to the brink by shorthanded Bucks and Heat teams. Boston looks by far the best team in the league one night and like the team they were early in the season the next night. Even if they go up 2-0 I wouldn't hand them the trophy. You hit 51% of your threes and you're going to win most games. You get Horford and White hitting 11/16 threes and you're going to win most games. More than ever it's a make-or-miss league.

I think Boston will win because I'm not sure GSW win it all with this version of Klay. He's just not what he used to be. I still think the series is going 7 though.

Reaction Score
I don't think the series is over if Boston wins tonight. Their biggest issue is consistency and they were taken to the brink by shorthanded Bucks and Heat teams. Boston looks by far the best team in the league one night and like the team they were early in the season the next night. Even if they go up 2-0 I wouldn't hand them the trophy. You hit 51% of your threes and you're going to win most games. You get Horford and White hitting 11/16 threes and you're going to win most games. More than ever it's a make-or-miss league.

I think Boston will win because I'm not sure GSW win it all with this version of Klay. He's just not what he used to be. I still think the series is going 7 though.
Yea it is

Reaction Score
I wouldn’t overreact to one game- have a feeling this will be a long series- with that said I am rooting for Boston…

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I cashed out my C's future bet today. I stood to win $225 and took the $128 instead. The way I looked at it, I wouldn't bet $128 to win $97 on Boston today and that's what I'd be doing by not taking the money. (Originally a $25 ticket)

Reaction Score
Nobody has come back from 2games down in the finals.yea i know to there is always a first time. I'm not saying they're winning the finals but beating g.s at home twice it's pretty much over

Lebron & Cavs did in 2016. Giannis & Bucks did in 2021. Wade & Heat did in 2006

Could be more I just don’t feel like looking it up

Reaction Score
Yep the Celtic killer refs are working the game

Obvious they would like a long series as the first quarter was all calls on the Celts. To actually watch the way the Draymond was playing and only call one foul on him was ridiculous. He’s a dreadful person how anyone could be a fan of his amazes me.

Celts need a Tatum 30 plus tonight I have no doubt.

Reaction Score
Way too many unnecessary turnovers yet only down 2. Take care of the ball 2nd half, maybe get a call or 2 and head back to Boston 2-0.

Reaction Score
Very obvious the league won't let the celtics win the game. Frustrating but that's how the league is run now. Maximize revenue at all costs.

Reaction Score
NBA ratings in US are way down- reason why in the playoffs 2 extreme things happened that don’t usually happen- teams up 3-0 have lost a good number of game 4’s this year & series going back & forth in where one team wins one game & then the other team wins the next game throughout the given series. Look for the Mavs to get to the finals next year- the NBA playoff ratings in Europe this year are way up…

Reaction Score

Kudos to the officials for putting a stop to this kind of violence. Highlight of the game was Steve Javie crediting the officials for not calling an obvious tech on Draymond because he already had one.

I don’t think anyone really expected Boston to take two in San Fran so it’s whatever. I just hope the WWE stuff swings the other way back east.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Turnovers killed the C's

I think the Warriors must actually practice complaining to the refs. They've perfected it.

I think Jayson flails too much. I think Grant complains too much. But the Warriors are 10x worse as they cry in unison, with Green being their supreme leader.

GS played like they knew they had to win. C's did not

On to Boston

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
The officiating overall in the NBA is horrid so as a Celtics fan I can say it didn't cost them the game. The Celts just give away the ball too much and with a guy like Curry you just can't do that. Love Tatum and Brown but those two give the ball to the other team at most inopportune moments. If Brown, Smart and Tatum didn't have those stupid fouls in the 1st quarter its a different game.
Is there a bigger Boston hater than Jeff Van Gundy - those Van Gundy creeps need to be put to pasture

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

Kudos to the officials for putting a stop to this kind of violence. Highlight of the game was Steve Javie crediting the officials for not calling an obvious tech on Draymond because he already had one.

I don’t think anyone really expected Boston to take two in San Fran so it’s whatever. I just hope the WWE stuff swings the other way back east.

Green should have fouled out by halftime. Acted like a punk all game. Meanwhile that gets called a foul. It was absurd. I don't think Boston wins anyway, they just didn't have it. But it was ridiculous.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Hey @BigErnMcCracken how about this gem. Foul called on Williams here. Maybe they called offensive holding because Green thought he was a Defensive End, but I don't think even that would have been correct.

Reaction Score
Seeing this thread as a non-Celtics fan is a great reminder that our fan base is as silly and “homeristic” as any other.
It's not about favoring the Warriors or Celtics in regards to winning the series. It's about making sure the series goes at least 6 games and stays interesting for fans because that makes money for the NBA. It's a business. This was an extreme game because the league really couldn't have the celtics go up 2-0 going home in an NBA finals series.
The game was called COMPLETLEY different once the celtics went up almost 10 points in the first quarter. Green tackled Williams and it was called on Williams, Jalen Brown picked up his second foul in the first quarter and literally made no contact with the player, Green doesn't get his second technical foul on a play that is called at minimum a double technical 100% of the time etc.
However, if the celts lose game 3, then they will get similar treatment in game 4 to make sure the warriors don't go up 3-1.

Reaction Score
Seeing this thread as a non-Celtics fan is a great reminder that our fan base is as silly and “homeristic” as any other.

I can promise you as a Celts fan I care much less than I do about my Huskies. But anyone not seeing what was going on in the first half is either blind or stupid. I mean they allowed Draymond Green to be a thug and never mind calling him out on it, instead the calls went the other way. The NBA should be embarrassed but of course they won't be, it's what they do all the time.

As far as the Celts, they should be embarrassed about the way they played basketball all night no matter. They were careless as hell with the ball and got out toughed all game. Really disgusting 3rd Q again, just dreadful by all.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
It’s not even a recent development. They have had the #1 rated defense by this metric 3x since their run begun. The only times they have been outside of the top 10 is when their roster was in shambles.

Haha, if you watch the NBA you know the warriors are an elite defensive team but don't let the boneyard shock you that they only see things through fan colored glasses.

Reaction Score
Turnovers killed the C's

I think the Warriors must actually practice complaining to the refs. They've perfected it.

I think Jayson flails too much. I think Grant complains too much. But the Warriors are 10x worse as they cry in unison, with Green being their supreme leader.

GS played like they knew they had to win. C's did not

On to Boston

Agree willie on both Tatum and Williams. Tatum way too much, Williams at wrong times but he plays tough and gets called for it, their Green plays like a thug and nothing I can see why Grant was like that last night.

Poole, Curry and Green whiners as well. Amazing to me Green would say a word.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom