Celtics | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Celtics

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I can't speak for everyone, but I don't think it's fixed.
I don't either, I don't watch much but if I thought it was fixed I wouldn't watch any. But I know plenty of people who casually say it is. And when you ask them why they watch, they call you dumb..

Reaction Score
You gotta be 2 people.1 person can't be this dumb
You are (apparently) a Celtics fan. You claim the NBA is fixing games to make sure the Celtics lose. So why bother watching since you already know your team is gonna lose?

Reaction Score
Yes, a foul on GP2 when his legs clipped JB on the breakaway and then GP2 missed both free throws and the score remained 22-15 is why the Celtics were down by 29 in the 4th.
Why are you exaggerating?

I think most people here are saying that the Celtics jumped on them and then the tackling started. And once the tackling started, there was nothing to be done. Because if I've hogtied you, you're not getting open, there is no offense, everything gets stagnant, and easy to defend.

It's not rocket science.

Reaction Score
Yes, and it's not even an exaggeration to say that that man travels damn near everytime he goes into his dribble drive. Great player but the refs give him a ton of rope with his "footwork".

The NBA has been so lenient with this for years. Jaylen Brown really does it almost every time he drives. I consider that pretty damn egregious. LeBron is comical in the paint. Dude drags and changes his pivot foot a crazy amount. It's interesting to think about how different the league would be if the game was actually called by the book.

Reaction Score
The NBA has been so lenient with this for years. Jaylen Brown really does it almost every time he drives. I consider that pretty damn egregious. LeBron is comical in the paint. Dude drags and changes his pivot foot a crazy amount. It's interesting to think about how different the league would be if the game was actually called by the book.
Yup, which is why I think previous generations need to be cut some slack when it comes to players/media/fans taking a dump on their skill level. There's things those guys weren't even allowed to do ballhandling wise and with all of the extra steps without being called for traveling. There's a bunch of stuff like this called for traveling back in the day.

Reaction Score
Yup, which is why I think previous generations need to be cut some slack when it comes to players/media/fans taking a dump on their skill level. There's things those guys weren't even allowed to do ballhandling wise and with all of the extra steps without being called for traveling. There's a bunch of stuff like this called for traveling back in the day.

For sure. Carrying is an even more stark change. Fans like to laugh at how guys dribbled back in the day but that's because you actually had to keep your hand on the top of the ball. Tatum, Kyrie, etc. (hell, pretty much every player) carry the ball every time they take more than a couple of dribbles.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Celtic fans can't be crying about refs considering Jaylen Brown travels 95% of the time he makes a dribble move. The NBA has become very lax with what they allow guys to do but Brown is as blatant as anyone I've seen in the league with this and he never gets called. Some of those foul calls were iffy but that matters in a close game, not when you're down damn near 30 in the 4th.

I'd prefer they call that and also call the big guys shuffling their feet. Nobody in the league travels as often as Giannis. If they really forced every team to play by the rules, the great players would still be great. But I think the gap between them and ordinary players would shrink.

The league doesn't want that. It's about star power more so than any other sport, perhaps aside from European soccer (which has similar problems). Hockey and football player are somewhat anonymous. Many wouldn't be recognized out of uniform (how many fans even recognize Matt Stafford in his new AT&T commercial?). Baseball, sure a bit more star power but the role of any one player is quite limited. There's no better example than the Angels, who stink with Trout and Ohtani as two of the best in the game. The NBA is very different. Teams play maybe 8 guys and stars carry the day.

Reaction Score
Looks like the refs are going to let Boston win tonite,game 2 they would have called 10 fouls already
Then game 3 will let GS to win ... then 4, 5,and then 3-3, then game 7 who will win?

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Your great defensive team is really looking top notch tonight
Clawing back from 18 down was based on bad defense right

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
From what I saw it was from klay and steph bombing 3s not defense
…that’s not how you close a deficit. You could make 100 shots if I’m up by 18 and you can’t stop me from scoring you aren’t going to come back. But sure keep going on about the warriors being a bad defensive team

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
From what I saw it was from klay and steph bombing 3s not defense
Best Klay has looked in quite some time. Best Rob Williams has looked post injury too. He was much more active. People who don’t watch the Celtics may not appreciate how much a healthy Rob Williams controls the paint. As I kept saying with Steph, as he made impossible shots over and over. Best shooter ever. Side note, Stephen does not enjoy defending Marcus, who can post him and abuse him inside.

Great win for Boston. Need to match this in game 4. Loved Green’s line tonight. Did nothing. Fouled out. As deserved.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Another terrible 3rd quarter but boy did they bounce back.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
…that’s not how you close a deficit. You could make 100 shots if I’m up by 18 and you can’t stop me from scoring you aren’t going to come back. But sure keep going on about the warriors being a bad defensive team
Got it. If you make 100 3s and your opponent makes 94 3s so you close an 18 point, you’ve played great defense

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Tatum is an All Star and Brown is on the verge of being one (once he gets better control of his overall game) but to me, the Celtics go as far as Smart and RWilliams takes them. The C's have all the pieces to be champs. I often wonder if Coach Udoka and DH went to the same halftime coaching strategy class. Both team come out looking lost most of the times. I see the Celtics taking the series 4-2.

Reaction Score
2 more wins for the Boston sports to end their longest title drought since the Pats won their first. Currently at 3 years 4 months.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
The Warriors were a good defensive team all year. But Poole is not good. Klay is not as good as he used to be. Their D has holes that can be exploited, and they are small. When Rob Williams looks healthy and has energy, as he did last night for the first time in a long time, he's going to create problems for them. He was +21 last night.

Reaction Score
Clawing back from 18 down was based on bad defense right

They won because they played averaged defense and nailed clutch 3s. It's pretty obvious.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
Many wouldn't be recognized out of uniform (how many fans even recognize Matt Stafford in his new AT&T commercial?).
For a decent amount of time I thought that commercial was stupid until I Googled who the guys was and then it made sense. He doesn't look like a pro athlete, just an average Joe.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom