Celtics Pursuing Kemba Walker? | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Celtics Pursuing Kemba Walker?

Reaction Score
Talent wise, it’s not I don’t think.
IMO the list in terms of individual talent goes (not including Harden, don’t really count him as a true PG, but some do. Could go either way)

1. Steph
2. Kyrie
3. Westbrook (not a fan of his game/intangibles, but talent is off the charts)
4. Lillard

Then Kemba kind of leads the next tier of PGs.

Love me some Kemba though, obviously, and thrilled to have him on the Celtics. He’s a much better fit for the team, obviously.

I think they are a lot closer than you're making it out to be. Let's not forget Kyrie couldn't sniff the playoffs before Lebron and since he left Lebron, despite playing great at times, has been a disappointment on & off the court.

I don't think we have seen peak Kemba yet and I'm confident we have already seen the best of Kyrie.

Reaction Score
25 bones for a blah t-shirt of someone who doesn't even remotely look like Kemba.

Thank god you responded, I think you convinced me not to purchase lol

Reaction Score
Talent wise, it’s not I don’t think.
IMO the list in terms of individual talent goes (not including Harden, don’t really count him as a true PG, but some do. Could go either way)

1. Steph
2. Kyrie
3. Westbrook (not a fan of his game/intangibles, but talent is off the charts)
4. Lillard

Then Kemba kind of leads the next tier of PGs.

Love me some Kemba though, obviously, and thrilled to have him on the Celtics. He’s a much better fit for the team, obviously.
He would be a better fit for most, if not all, teams. There are several key attributes to what makes a great basketball player and intelligence (logic and emotional) is as important as any of the others. By great I mean championship winning great, not box score stuffing great.

Last edited:

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Celtics are going to have 0 depth. But kemba, hayward, brown, tatum, smart are going go be must-see-tv.
they will acquire some depth by trading 1 or 2 of the guards they drafted
i say keep edwards

Reaction Score
Hayward is such a waste of money, and he is untradable.
And one reason why Stevens is in the league as his golden child. But yeeeaass. Such middle level talent with as many highs as lows.

Reaction Score
But let’s establish the difference between saying Kemba is a better basketball player versus Kemba is a better fit on a team. Two very different things.

Kemba is a better team basketball player, better leader. But Kyrie is a more gifted basketball player and a better individual player, as seen by having better shooting numbers and higher efficiency, and by the fact that when you watch him he is a better player than Kemba. I don’t know what else to say.

It’s really funny the shift of narrative, multiple Celtics fans talking about how LeBron rode Kyrie’s coattails in the NBA finals to try to lessen LeBron, and now that Kyrie road LeBron coattails once Kyrie screwed the Celtics over and saying they’d rather have Kemba anyway. (Not saying you, but I’ve heard people do it)
“LeBron rode Kyrie’s coattails” was never a narrative that existed. A couple of uneducated fans’ opinions does not make something a narrative.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
“LeBron rode Kyrie’s coattails” was never a narrative that existed. A couple of uneducated fans’ opinions does not make something a narrative.
Perhaps it should of. What has Kyrie done without LeBron besides call in sick and throw up bricks? He's a perfect fit for the Nets.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
Skip Bayless unfortunately drives narratives.

Reaction Score
Not really, but there’s also a huge difference between one of the biggest/most infamous sports TV personalities versus a couple of a anonymous message board posters.

Reaction Score
And I actually never thought to say it, but reading @UConn990411 post made me think that no, even Skip didn’t go quite so far as to say that LeBron rode Kyrie to the championship. Skip is now doing with VanVleet and Kawhai what he did in 2016: denigrate the achievement by saying Bron/Kawhi showed that they aren’t “closers”, and it’s all some perverse, creepy, idolatrous (at times preemptive) defense of MJ’s alleged head-and-shoulders greatness.

But as stalwart a Bron hater as Skip has been, he’s never went quite that far.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I think they are a lot closer than you're making it out to be. Let's not forget Kyrie couldn't sniff the playoffs before Lebron and since he left Lebron, despite playing great at times, has been a disappointment on & off the court.

I don't think we have seen peak Kemba yet and I'm confident we have already seen the best of Kyrie.

I think the perceived gaps between players in the NBA is overstated all the time. Aside from LeBron, Jordan and a handful of guys ever, the stars are stars due to more than just talent. Marketing is a factor.

JakeTheDog

Makin’ bacon pancakes
Reaction Score
Jim Calhoun must be one of the happiest people on the planet today. Congrats Kemba! Guess I'm a C's fan now

Reaction Score
I’m so happy for Kemba!!

100% getting a Celtics-Kemba jersey! And the C’s are sponsored by my employer which is a nice bonus.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
Jim Calhoun must be one of the happiest people on the planet today. Congrats Kemba! Guess I'm a C's fan now
Me too. I don’t really have an NBA team, I root for players but with Kemba on the Cs I have to root for them now. Kemba and the Cs doing well is good for Uconn basketball

Reaction Score
Me too. I don’t really have an NBA team, I root for players but with Kemba on the Cs I have to root for them now. Kemba and the Cs doing well is good for Uconn basketball
Why do I get the feeling Jimmy C would rather be courtside for Kemba's Celtics than coaching D3 next season?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom