CBS: Expansion to 14 by ACC thus week, unlikely to 16 | The Boneyard

CBS: Expansion to 14 by ACC thus week, unlikely to 16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoo...ng-expansion-but-16-teams-unlikely-per-source

A prominent official from an ACC school told me Louisville and UConn both have something to offer but stressed academics will matter to presidents. This favors UConn, widely considered a top-75 national university. The Hartford area also is larger than Louisville's, but the Cardinals have a strong football/basketball product and aggressive AD Tom Jurich.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
I really cannot see how Louisville will get a 3/4's vote which is 10 teams (if Pitt/Cuse have voting rights). I would think UVA, UNC and Duke are against L'Ville. It would just take one more no vote to keep them out.

RioDog

Block C Bozo
Reaction Score
Cripes it sounds like voting for the Pope.. white smoke or black smoke?

Reaction Score
Cripes it sounds like voting for the Pope.. white smoke or black smoke?
Yeah, well just to be on the safe side, this Catholic will lighting a candle.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reaction Score
I must be missing something, but what does Louisville add that UConn doesn't? Academics? History? What? Perhaps L is a marginally better football school, but that is it, at most. Again, I must be missing something. Why would the ACC consider taking L over UC? I don't get it.

Reaction Score
please, someone make the case for Louisville over UConn. I just don't see how there is a debate.

Reaction Score
I must be missing something, but what does Louisville add that UConn doesn't? Academics? History? What? Perhaps L is a marginally better football school, but that is it, at most. Again, I must be missing something. Why would the ACC consider taking L over UC? I don't get it.

They can offer a package of free Louisville Sluggers and primo Kentucky Derby tickets. So far, we've only come back with discount insurance. We need to get them to the Dairy Bar.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk

Reaction Score
i am new, but there must be jokes on this board that i do not get. sorry for asking dumb questions. just wondering . . .

Reaction Score
Just when I'm all done worrying about this stuff some dope writes an article to lure me back in. Damn him!!

Reaction Score

You may be best spending an hour going through all the "Louisville threads on this part of board. Every argument under the sun has been beat to and analyzed 67 different ways.

Reaction Score
i have looked over the threads, but i still don't see a valid argument for L over UConn. is there one? if so, i just want to consider it.

Reaction Score
Well, you might want to consider free Papa Johns Pizza and Kentucky Fried Chicken. ACC is southern conference after all.

Reaction Score
i have looked over the threads, but i still don't see a valid argument for L over UConn. is there one? if so, i just want to consider it.

Read the Louisville board. Link is in the dropdown at the top.

Reaction Score
They have an aggressive AD.
That is sickening to hear isnt it? We had Hathaway anything but, and Warde "were monitoring the situation on Jersey Shore" Manuel.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
The argument is that their football program is perceived to be stronger and have a larger fanbase than UConn does today.

That's it - there isn't any nuance. They play in a bigger stadium and have higher attendance.

It's not going to be decided on Twitter and clearly the schools have a split opinion so we'll see what the real criteria is soon enough.

Reaction Score
oh, the old "aggressive AD" argument. Let me ponder that one . . .
I am an older UConn graduate and am just trying to figure out why I should be worried. Louisville does not concern me, and I am wondering if I really should have concerns That's all.

Reaction Score

I'm your first "like" bro - don't let me down from here....

Reaction Score
oh, the old "aggressive AD" argument. Let me ponder that one . . .
I am an older UConn graduate and am just trying to figure out why I should be worried. Louisville does not concern me, and I am wondering if I really should have concerns That's all.

Yes, you should be freaking out like the rest of us.

Reaction Score
fine. i will freak out, but i don't think it is rational to freak out about louisville. they are a marginal university with an athletic history that is not better than UConn's. if the debate is L v. UC, there is nothing to worry about. if the acc says to both, then we have problems.

Reaction Score
I think the "aggressive AD" argument is just silly. The guy is desperate and loud.

Reaction Score

Basically the argument for Louisville has been that in this school year, they have the better football/basketball and that trumps everything. This of course ignore that A.) things can change next year or the year after that in UConn's favor, B.) UConn is 2 years removed from the type of year that every BCS school would sell their soul to have and C.) UConn's lowly undeserving football program just went into the superior football programs house and beat it yesterday evening the score between the programs at 4-4.

Reaction Score
i am new, but there must be jokes on this board that i do not get. sorry for asking dumb questions. just wondering . . .
Not a dumb question, just something we've been debating since last week.
The response was typical from the boneyard.

Welcome aboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer