CBS article on further expansion | Page 2 | The Boneyard

CBS article on further expansion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
You've posted that blurb about Nebraska getting kicked out of the aau at least 10 times.

But in all seriousness I'm just busting balls here.

Maybe more. Just letting people know the B1G cares much more about sports than that stuff.

Reaction Score
Maybe more. Just letting people know the B1G cares much more about sports (markets) than that stuff.

If they wanted a winner Rutgers and Maryland would never have been considered.

Reaction Score
UVA delivers much, much more than Richmond...it delivers Northern VA...significantly more than UM. Figure out the number of households in the combined beltway area and you'll understand. Kids in VA want to go to UVA as their number one choice academically...many of them move from Charlottesville to NVA upon graduation. Match UM with UVA and you virtually own the beltway eyeballs which equates to serious dollars.

RS9999X

There's no Dark Side .....it's all Dark.
Reaction Score
The whole Reston, Langley, Pentagon cluster and the politicians. UVA and Maryland games against marquee programs will be popular.

They've got 3 years to sell advertising on the BTN and assess where they are at while digesting Rutgers/Maryland

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
I know most on here do not agree with this but I still believe that we will be netter served if the B1G waits a few years (giving us the opportunity to demonstrate what our value can be) than if they expand in the very near future.
I definitely agree with this, except I would go even further than saying we are "netter served" (a volleyball analogy?) and say we "better served":). This is where Herbst's university-wide efforts will outweigh whatever Manuel does or doesn't accomplish. It's possible that all hell breaks loose if the MD lawsuit goes down to 20 million but it also seems less likely that UNC is worried enough to jump ship, and they are the lynchpin. So that could wind up giving us a few more years to position ourselves.

Reaction Score
It has nothing to do with working at a university. It has everything to do with reading a newspaper article. And that's not a rant. That's information. Do you even know what a rant is?
I think I do. But I also think I know how to recognize when someone's shorts are a little too tight when they get offended as easily as you seem to get. Snit is probably the word I would you use to describe your responses in this thread.

Reaction Score
I think I do. But I also think I know how to recognize when someone's shorts are a little too tight when they get offended as easily as you seem to get. Snit is probably the word I would you use to describe your responses in this thread.

You may think you do, but you don't.

Reaction Score
No problem Vezzini

Let me give you an example of a rant. You remember Go UConn? He ranted. He was good at it. A three sentence statement is not a rant. A rant is an extended screed. I'm glad you watch movies--maybe you should pick up a book once in a while. Like a dictionary.

Reaction Score
Let me give you an example of a rant. You remember Go UConn? He ranted. He was good at it. A three sentence statement is not a rant. A rant is an extended screed. I'm glad you watch movies--maybe you should pick up a book once in a while. Like a dictionary.
Lighten up Francis and take a joke. I stand by my comment that you are in a snit over someone suggesting that you ranted when you believe you didn't. Hell, my menopausal wife is not as touchy as you seem to be.

Reaction Score
Lighten up Francis and take a joke. I stand by my comment that you are in a snit over someone suggesting that you ranted when you believe you didn't. Hell, my menopausal wife is not as touchy as you seem to be.

Let's keep it going. If that's your idea of a joke, you are one of the most humorless people around. I also suspect menopause is just an excuse for dealing with you.

Reaction Score
Let's keep it going. If that's your idea of a joke, you are one of the most humorless people around. I also suspect menopause is just an excuse for dealing with you.
Touche. I know enough not to take everything so seriously. And I really know that no matter how hard I try to sound, I really do not know everything and that people can interpret take my condescending pontifications as a rant. And I actually take no offense to it (unlike someone in this thread).

Kick back and have a good night and save your energy for some more information dissemination that others may consider a rant. Just consider it another of the many burdens you must shoulder by just being you.

Reaction Score
Touche. I know enough not to take everything so seriously. And I really know that no matter how hard I try to sound, I really do not know everything and that people can interpret take my condescending pontifications as a rant. And I actually take no offense to it (unlike someone in this thread).

Kick back and have a good night and save your energy for some more information dissemination that others may consider a rant. Just consider it another of the many burdens you must shoulder by just being you.

It is tough, let me tell you. The weight I carry on this board, just informing people the things they need to know, it is immense. I'm glad someone recognizes it. Thanks.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
It is tough, let me tell you. The weight I carry on this board, just informing people the things they need to know, it is immense. I'm glad someone recognizes it. Thanks.
So I'm reading this and I think "" and then my sarcasm dectector blinked on. Must be a faultly LED or something. I'll have to have that checked.:rolleyes:

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

Amazing when we have to endure your horrible avatar as well. Can't you photoshop Ashley Judd into a UConn jersey or something?

Reaction Score
So I'm reading this and I think "" and then my sarcasm dectector blinked on. Must be a faultly LED or something. I'll have to have that checked.:rolleyes:

You know what Joe Strummer said about that, "Back in the garage with my sarcasm detector, douchey-baggery making sure it's effective."

Reaction Score
Amazing when we have to endure your horrible avatar as well. Can't you photoshop Ashley Judd into a UConn jersey or something?

A Kentucky fan? Yuck! Did you mean Kirstie Alley?

Reaction Score
You know what Joe Strummer said about that, "Back in the garage with my sarcasm detector, douchey-baggery making sure it's effective."

That avatar is bad. Who is that guy? Seriously, it's bad.

Reaction Score
That avatar is bad. Who is that guy? Seriously, it's bad.

It's the actor Matthew Lillard. He is a big UConn Huskies fan. He is friends with one of the Husky donors who has been mentioned on this board. The picture is him in the role of Shaggy in he Scooby-Doo movie.

Man, this board is ultra-sensitive I guess. OK! It'll come down.

Reaction Score
It's the actor Matthew Lillard. He is a big UConn Huskies fan. He is friends with one of the Husky donors who has been mentioned on this board. The picture is him in the role of Shaggy in he Scooby-Doo movie.

I have never heard of him. Which doesn't mean anything.

But thanks for changing it!

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score

I would like to start a petition to put Shaggy back up.

Reaction Score

When it takes that long to explain an avatar, time to reload...

Reaction Score
Did someone mention Shaggy
image.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members