CBB Discussion Week 7 | Page 3 | The Boneyard

CBB Discussion Week 7

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Great thread on syracusefan.com tonight. “Aside from the last miracle final four and sweet 16 runs it’s been a real decline lately.” I’m pretty sure a miracle final four and sweet 16 run is actually the best run in Cuse history.

Reaction Score
Battle and Hughes. That’s it. They’re perimeter orientated and jack threes. Really looks like those 5 points per game from Howard is really helping...

I expected Brissett to be be better. He put up numbers on bad efficiency last year and I imagined he would progress. It seems like his numbers may have been purely dependent on volume. Marek was a decisive player in the tournament as a freshman and is a complete non-factor now. Battle is good. Howard has never been good.

Reaction Score
Feel kind of sorry for Battle, he probably should have declared for the draft. Now his game is regressing and being exposed, Bohiem will probably start throwing him under the bus.

Reactions: caw

caw

Reaction Score
Feel kind of sorry for Battle, he probably should have declared for the draft. Now his game is regressing and being exposed, Bohiem will probably start throwing him under the bus.

He is going to throw the whole team under the bus.

On a side note how badly would UConn have won if Carey hadn’t had the game of his life? Howard has eaten some of his minutes and has been an upgrade overall but I doubt he would have been better than Carey was that game.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
I’m going to the Cincinnati UCLA game tonight. Will try to post a pic from the arena

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
You know Cinci is bad offensively when the commentators continually say Cinci wants to grind, play dirty (in a good way), muck up the game (forgot the exact phrase).

Reaction Score
You know Cinci is bad offensively when the commentators continually say Cinci wants to grind, play dirty (in a good way), muck up the game (forgot the exact phrase).
Well they scored 93 points tonight on 52% from 2 and 57% from 3.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Well they scored 93 points tonight on 52% from 2 and 57% from 3.
I worded it wrong but it’s their Style of play. We’ve discussed this before even with Kobe about their offense

Reaction Score
Just watched it. I'd expect a blocking call there. You can see the offensive player is past him (both feet passed his widely stretched legs) and the defensive player leans his body in. What is bad is not letting a coach get upset in those moments. Close calls like that are going to generate emotion, and calling a tech essentially ends the game.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
As an impartial observer who doesn't care about either team that was a terrible, atrocious call. One of the worst I've seen this year or perhaps several years. Those kind of calls lead to people starting to think about fixes, it was THAT bad.

Edit: psu was favored by 5....

Just watched it. I'd expect a blocking call there. You can see the offensive player is past him (both feet passed his widely stretched legs) and the defensive player leans his body in. What is bad is not letting a coach get upset in those moments. Close calls like that are going to generate emotion, and calling a tech essentially ends the game.

That was not a charge ...

Reaction Score
If that were a UConn player, and they called a charge, I'd have absolutely lost my mind.
The T is the problem, not the original call. Short of the coach throwing a chair, or running out on the court and confronting an official, you don't call a T in a tie game with 5.5 seconds left. The ref basically decided a game that was still very much in doubt. The coach doesn't go bezerk until after the first T.

Reaction Score
The T is the problem, not the original call. Short of the coach throwing a chair, or running out on the court and confronting an official, you don't call a T in a tie game with 5.5 seconds left. The ref basically decided a game that was still very much in doubt. The coach doesn't go bezerk until after the first T.
Right. Which is what I said in my longer post before that. You swallow your whistle there unless he's saying some very profane things about your mother.

Reaction Score
Right. Which is what I said in my longer post before that. You swallow your whistle there unless he's saying some very profane things about your mother.
I just watched it again, and I see what set Dambrot off. It's not the contact in the lane, it's before that. The Penn St. kid was being guarded by number 5, he clearly pushes the kid away with his right hand before he drives the lane. Clear foul, and should have been called.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom