Castle on the U | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Castle on the U

Reaction Score
Castle looked tired in the 3rd. Lots of passes that his teammates bricked the shot.

Newton doesn't have the firepower to compete tonight.

Reaction Score
Tons of mid-range Js from Castle. Curious how he adapts that to college--Hurley doesn't love those shots.

Castle's effort is better now, but a little too late. He's doing everything... getting nothing from his team.

22 pts witth 5 minutes left. Going toe to toe with Collier imo.

Ridiculous handles for 6'7. Such a unique skill... will take a lot of pressure off the PG. I would love to see us get a dynamite shooting PG to defend small guards and pair with castle on offense.

Reaction Score
Definitely a high school home game lol. He and Collier are very nice players amazing their both leaving ACC/SEC area for the BE and Big 10 respectively.

Thanks for posting that it’s on;)

Heard that wrong huh. Collier to USC I thought Indiana. He and his teammate the big guy heading to Andy Enfield?

Reaction Score
Hurley needs to adapt.

Eh, mid-range shots are not a good shot. Castle needs to take them here bc his team sucks, but he'll have more than enough opportunities to bully his way to the rim with college-level spacing. Paint is too crowded here for that. His % tonight on middies hasn't been excellent. Probably less than 50%.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Wonder if the Leprechaun is watching this game. He can't be thrilled Andy Enfield is getting top talent.

Reaction Score
Caught the first half. Hand him the keys to the offense next year (and teach him better defense). Starting to feel like a pipe dream but his court vision and skip passes to open shooters makes me think Hawkins could average 25 a game next year if he came back

Reaction Score
Eh, mid-range shots are not a good shot. Castle needs to take them here bc his team sucks, but he'll have more than enough opportunities to bully his way to the rim with college-level spacing. Paint is too crowded here for that. His % tonight on middies hasn't been excellent. Probably less than 50%.
They are great shots for some players, Pg, Kawhi, KD, Chris Paul etc. Obviously those are stars, but those players make a living in the mid range. If you have that to your game, you’re virtually impossible to stop.

Reaction Score
No, Hurley needs to develop his teams around his player's strengths. Mid-range jumpers is Stephon's. Points are points. Not like designing a 4 out 3 point shooting team around a sf who can't shoot.

Reaction Score
Caught the first half. Hand him the keys to the offense next year (and teach him better defense). Starting to feel like a pipe dream but his court vision and skip passes to open shooters makes me think Hawkins could average 25 a game next year if he came back
Yeah too bad Hawkins won't be there. He would be the key for us to be very successful unless we find some other guard who can shoot.

Reaction Score
Such a treat to watch Castle on TV. Some observations:
  • Low handle on drives make him great at attacking the paint
  • Looks very strong
  • When facilitating, like how his head is always up
  • Loved the velocity and accuracy of his perimeter passes

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Thankfully, unlikely we ever see him again, unless it's in a Final Four or later.

He’s going to the big10 you don’t have to worry about that, might get there but lose.

#classicB1G. Lol 23 years.

I just gave it to Purdue, didn’t I?

Reaction Score
Such a treat to watch Castle on TV. Some observations:
  • Low handle on drives make him great at attacking the paint
  • Looks very strong
  • When facilitating, like how his head is always up
  • Loved the velocity and accuracy of his perimeter passes

He will have great chemistry with Clingan. On our team, the play I saw tonight was worth 7 assists or better. Teammates missed a lot of open ones.

Reaction Score
Collier is going to USC/Pac10. Jakhai Newton (Stephon's cousin btw) is going to Indiana /Big10...

IMO the guy that will benefit the most from Castle's skip passes is Karaban as he is our best at getting to open floor space for his 3-ball. As opposed to Hawkins who is best at coming off of screens.

Reaction Score
the mid range shot is the worst shot in bball.

I understand in a college game, it is More necessary than the NBA. Also, many PGs utilize the mid range more so as a floater, rather than attacking the rim directly, which makes sense from a pick and roll style game

UConn example: IMO, Hawkins in the NBA will lose that pull up jumper. He will learn to pump and step sideways to open the 3 again.

the coaches job is to prepare the true NBA prospects for the next level. They will choose to develop a skill set suitable for their future success every time…until the tournament comes and all bets are off. Just win, baby!

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
He won’t be taking those shots for us, not a ton anyways. The passing and finishing is most important here.

Reaction Score
the mid range shot is the worst shot in bball.

not to jojo
68FC210E-F24F-4301-822B-EEEE5BFA9CF9.jpeg

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
He’s going to the big10 you don’t have to worry about that, might get there but lose.

#classicB1G. Lol 23 years.

I just gave it to Purdue, didn’t I?
He'll never play a game in B1G. One and done.

Reaction Score
If a 6'6" PG/CG can penetrate and shoot a 14 footer at a nice clip, sign me up. It'll not only create buckets but also loosen the opponent's D so he can kick out to our open 3-ball shooters. Castle's mid range game is coming on strong and I think it will be a nice asset for our offense.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Tons of mid-range Js from Castle. Curious how he adapts that to college--Hurley doesn't love those shots.

Castle's effort is better now, but a little too late. He's doing everything... getting nothing from his team.

22 pts witth 5 minutes left. Going toe to toe with Collier imo.

Ridiculous handles for 6'7. Such a unique skill... will take a lot of pressure off the PG. I would love to see us get a dynamite shooting PG to defend small guards and pair with castle on offense.

What's probability of Castle learning enough from Jackson in one year on how to be a facilitator without dominating the ball as a PG?

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

I am forever hesitant to believe HS bully ball translates to college ball. Kelvin Torbert at Mich St. The Harris kid at 'scuse, etc.

I always wish kids the best and hope they continue to grow and improve but my scar tissue is thick from watching HS kids physically dominate their way to the basket in HS.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

Can you put Jackson and Castle on the floor together with a bulldog PG like Diarra?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom