Castle injury update | Page 12 | The Boneyard

Castle injury update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Why didn't DH say this in the first place? He should be back by end of the season will of course being interpreted as very pessimistic by almost anyone.

Reaction Score
As I was saying...

I love that Coach Hurley wore his flat-brimmed hat during his Castle injury update presser…likely just to troll the BY goofballs who can’t stand that hat!

Also…love this HIPAA-adherent statement:

Reporter: So what are they saying it is? Like…As far as the problem?

Hurley: Just…you know…some stuff.
They aren't running him back in soon after any type of procedure for "some stuff". He's young but still this is about his future. 4 plus weeks would be my irresponsible guess. Sucks he could miss all of the big OOC matchups. Would love to be wrong.

Reaction Score
You guys are out of your minds. We won a ship less than a year ago. We are really good even without Castle. Losing some early season games isn't the worst thing in the world - our coach is great when we have something to prove.

This actually may be a long term positive as it gives some of our depth some burn in big games.

Wounded animals. We are good again chill out.

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
Why didn't DH say this in the first place? He should be back by end of the season will of course being interpreted as very pessimistic by almost anyone.
i think the “does not appear to be season ending” was sloppy editorializing by Amore, not a Hurley quote.

Reaction Score
You guys are out of your minds. We won a ship less than a year ago. We are really good even without Castle. Losing some early season games isn't the worst thing in the world - our coach is great when we have something to prove.

This actually may be a long term positive as it gives some of our depth some burn in big games.

Wounded animals. We are good again chill out.
People are only fans of winning today.

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
I'll give you a preview, it involves lots of scoring for the opponent and very little for UConn
nah, you missed that one. besides if you make a statement it's just an opinion without your reasoning.

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
Per last year, talk of a double BIG possibility in the Yard is obviously dumb and not productive. How dare you bring it up again!
Please forgive me. I am old and still remember Robert Parish and Kevin McHale. One mobile big and one traditional post.

Reaction Score
nah, you missed that one. besides if you make a statement it's just an opinion without your reasoning.
No, I didn't. Our offense would not function with 2 guys in who can only score within 4 feet of the basket. Our defense will not be at its best with Karaban trying to guard opposing 3's and Johnson against 4's. Karaban is great, but he's a mismatch for us at the 4 and there's no reason to diminish that. Johnson would have 2 touch fouls within 30 seconds trying to stay in front of the quicker 4's in the Big East

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
As I was saying...

I love that Coach Hurley wore his flat-brimmed hat during his Castle injury update presser…likely just to troll the BY goofballs who can’t stand that hat!

Also…love this HIPAA-adherent statement:

Reporter: So what are they saying it is? Like…As far as the problem?

Hurley: Just…you know…some stuff.

Serious question, has every coach who told the media what’s wrong with their player, violated HIPAA? Why is this a thing now?

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Need Diarra in spurts to give some rest to Newton and Ball. Other than that, it’s all Freshmen

Reaction Score
Serious question, has every coach who told the media what’s wrong with their player, violated HIPAA? Why is this a thing now?
No, probably not. If you give permission for someone to do anything with your medical information (by signing a waiver form for example-something we’ve probably all done as part of medical care across different caregivers-whether we realized what we were signing or not lol) then it’s no longer a HIPAA violation.

Reaction Score
Just catching up to this injury news and I prefer a “Scrappy take” on this. Hurley sounded good in his quote. The freshman get major beneficial floor time helping them to become factors for us , and yes it may affect our early record but no panic the team will be much better come March. Let’s keep everyone else healthy.

Reaction Score
Need Diarra in spurts to give some rest to Newton and Ball. Other than that, it’s all Freshmen
Will be fun to see what kind of plan/adjustments the staff has for Castles absence given they have some data to work with after the last game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom