Castle injury update | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Castle injury update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
We are not entitled to the information just because we're fans.
Who wrote the word "entitled"? It would be nice to get the info we get in professionsl sports. They give details on expected timelines and the exact injury. Perhaps HIPAA issues limit the details of the injury but timelines would be nice. No entitlement. Just a little considerstion to people who spend a lot of energy rooting for the players and the team.

Reaction Score
Solo Ball just might bust out sooner. I was rewatching the first half of MVU on TV; I attended the XL for the game, and watching on TV is different, so what jumped out was Solo has the green light to score the ball. He was very aggressive with his possessions, taking it to the rim, shooting 3's, and even a pull-up jumper in the lane. Starting and with more minutes, when he gets confident and comfortable out there these next few games, look out.
Didn't participate in post game analysis because I didn't see the game. I watched the game on replay last night. Loved Ball, he really will be impactful if he takes baby steps forward. Great body language, beastly physical for a frosh.

Reaction Score
Didn't participate in post game analysis because I didn't see the game. I watched the game on replay last night. Loved Ball, he really will be impactful if he takes baby steps forward. Great body language, beastly physical for a frosh.

Just playing a bit too fast and missing his scoring opportunities. He'll settle in and look like that 4* player by Janaury

Reaction Score
With Hurley’s past of speaking about players injuries, I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s out until the January, if not later.
That’s what I tend to think. Assume January and if he’s back sooner even better. Just stinks since he is a one and done and our time to appreciate him in a husky uniform was already limited before this injury.

Reaction Score
Was only a matter of time before this take came out.
His draft stock is a pretty reasonable discussion point. If he's only out 4 weeks then it probably won't impact his stock much. Maybe a couple teams don't like the medicals and he slips a spot or two. Don't think it would impact if he's going or staying.

Reaction Score
Who wrote the word "entitled"? It would be nice to get the info we get in professionsl sports. They give details on expected timelines and the exact injury. Perhaps HIPAA issues limit the details of the injury but timelines would be nice. No entitlement. Just a little considerstion to people who spend a lot of energy rooting for the players and the team.

A number of people have used the word entitled. I'm not reading the thread for you brother.

Reaction Score
With Hurley’s past of speaking about players injuries, I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s out until the January, if not later.
And that's why you're not going to get a ton of info out of most coaches. Because even when they accurately relay a timeline on an injured player they get killed for it for years

Reaction Score
And that's why you're not going to get a ton of info out of most coaches. Because even when they accurately relay a timeline on an injured player they get killed for it for years
The whole point is he doesn’t relay a timeline much

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score

Yup. I remember this place when Bouknight hurt his wrist.

Reaction Score
The NFL and every other fan supported league diagrees.

Didn't realize this was the NBA we root for and not a college team. Glad we could clear that up!

Reaction Score
I hope Castle is getting the best care for his long term prospects. I have confidence that’s the case under Hurley. Hope Castle recovers fully. I really wish we had Alleyne. I hope that one of the freshman takes this chance and runs with it.

Horatio

I played high school football
Reaction Score
This provides vital playing time and learning situations for players 6-10. That wouldn’t happen without short term injuries, Etc. Just necessary adversity that makes teams stronger. That’s the bright side.

Reaction Score
This provides vital playing time and learning situations for players 6-10. That wouldn’t happen without short term injuries, Etc. Just necessary adversity that makes teams stronger. That’s the bright side.
I agree. Even though castle is easily the top recruit, we and everybody else have been excited about the other guys. I hope he heals quickly but am excited to see more from some of the guys who will be here for a few years

Reaction Score
The Big Ten literally has a rule that coaches must give injury reports 2 hours before a game.

There’s no need to try and seem morally superior like this as if you don’t know these rules.
And that's an entirely different conversation. There's a pretty wide gap between forcing UConn to say Stephon Castle isn't playing this weekend (which happened) and forcing UConn to say Stephon Castle will be back in 4 weeks or 6 weeks or 3 months. Because nobody knows this far out, and every person on this board will hold him to his original claim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom