Castle injury update | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Castle injury update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It is entitlement: some teams disclose timelines, some don't. Regardless, fans aren't entitled to the information. It is Castle's private medical information. Just because some people give information, doesn't mean you have to. This seems pretty simple.
If you want you injury status keep under wraps, don't play sports that are financially supported by fans.

Of course we are entitled to the information. We pay for it. We pay for the program, the coaches, the NIL, the facilities. We pay for tickets, and merch, and donate money, and advertisers pay for our eyeball and eardrums.

We are the customers and we are always right. And keeping us in the dark is treating us poorly.

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
IMHO, I would like to see what 20 minutes a game of Donovan and Samson together would look like. That would mean each playing about 30 minutes a game, but oh what havoc could be rained down on some folks. Teams would have zero shots at the rim. Alex would have to spend more time guarding the other teams slowest wing while D&S cover up the lane. More minutes for Solo and Ross too.

Reaction Score
If you want you injury status keep under wraps, don't play sports that are financially supported by fans.

Of course we are entitled to the information. We pay for it. We pay for the program, the coaches, the NIL, the facilities. We pay for tickets, and merch, and donate money, and advertisers pay for our eyeball and eardrums.

We are the customers and we are always right. And keeping us in the dark is treating us poorly.

Nah.

Reaction Score
First Alterique, now Stephon. That'll teach us to recruit McDonald's All-Americans. I suppose if you're granted the ability to pull natties out of a hat, you have to expect some off-setting curse.

Reaction Score

Actually what you're entitled to is to stop paying for all those things. But you're not entitled to any information about players.

Reaction Score
These are athletes. It’s not the same.

If that was the case we’d never have injury reports. There’s a reason those kind of things are mandatory for sports leagues. That kind of information can be the difference between someone buying tickets to go see a game or not.
Not only is it in no way the same, it's wildly offensive.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
That is a horrendous update
It's not ideal, but I'd rather have an announcement that at least dangles the prospect of a return to the team than one that indicates a kid season is over. For selfish reasons I obviously want Castle to play. We are already a better team with him, and I fully expected him to have a very steep growth curve as he got more experience with the speed and physicality of the college game. But I also just feel for the kid. His college experience is going to be limited given his incredible upside. I hate for him to miss games since there are so few available to him. Yeah, he does, in all likelihood, have the prospect of a significant pro career, but college is different and special. I hate for him to miss any of it.

Reaction Score
I wonder if this impacts the young man’s draft stock and if it could end up potentially causing him to stay in Storrs for a second year.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
Curious, I know it would be pure speculation, but what might a "minor procedure" be?
If it is a knee injury the only minor procedure I know of is related to meniscus. It used to be they removed very small tears and the recovery was just a few weeks. I had my first meniscus surgery 40 years ago when arthroscopic surgery was just starting. They removed a small piece that was torn and I was running in two weeks and playing basketball at about four weeks. Now they have learned better to repair than remove for long term health of the joint. When they repair meniscus with sutures recovery is more like 8 weeks and could be longer. Some of you have to have noticed this over the past 10 or 15 years athletes returning from meniscus/cartilage injuries has gotten longer than it was in the 80’s and 90’s. I am not speculating on what happened to SC or even his injury. I have just had a lot of knee surgeries in my life (6) including an ACL repair so I have picked up a ton of information. Someone asked about a minor procedure on the knee. There are a few things I think they can do with a PCL strain that speeds up recovery but I don’t know much about that process. My guess if he had a procedure we won’t see him again until the new year.

CL82

Reaction Score
This sucks - most especially for Castle. But better now than in March. It's also amazing how we had basically no major injuries last year.
Reaction GIF

CL82

Reaction Score
Solo Ball just might bust out sooner. I was rewatching the first half of MVU on TV; I attended the XL for the game, and watching on TV is different, so what jumped out was Solo has the green light to score the ball. He was very aggressive with his possessions, taking it to the rim, shooting 3's, and even a pull-up jumper in the lane. Starting and with more minutes, when he gets confident and comfortable out there these next few games, look out.
I was thinking this as well. Solo Ball looks incredibly talented. He just needs minutes. Not that he is a direct replacement for Castle obviously. But Castle being down means that more minutes are available.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Stewart probably should fill in. Need Ball off the bench.

Newton is going to have to play 35 minutes a game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01