Casey out for Saturdays game. | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Casey out for Saturdays game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The news here isn't that Cochran is not playing on Saturday. The news here is that this is his THIRD concussion in less than 1 year. That is awfully dangerous. I really hope that he is okay (and I'm not just talking about football).

Suddenly, playing two QBs actually makes a whole heck of a lot more sense than it did 2 hours ago. Nobody knew Cochran had 2 concussions in the past year. It makes sense that Diaco wanted to get Whitmer in some game action in case something like this happened.

I also suspect that Boyle will be taking the field before season's end. And we will need to find a few walk-on QBs somewhere on campus to run scout team. Sheesh.
- If Boyle doesn't play on Saturday it must mean that the coaches don't think this is a season ending injury.

- I doubt Casey will play vs Boise since Diaco already planned on using that as a quasi preseason game.

- thank goodness Diaco was able to convince Chandler to come back. Time to rally around Chandler, I hope he shines.

- this sucks big time.
Oh that sounds great. You are rooting for our starting QB to do poorly.
In retrospect, I am happy CW got the reps. Makes Diaco look like a genius!

Agree with all you guys above. As I have stated numerous times...in HCBD I trust....
Time to rally big time around these young pups and CW. !!! Get well CC..

Reaction Score
Hope Chandler can step up (into the pocket) and get the job done this week. A run first offense makes even more sense this week and that now seems like the only sane course of action. We need to pass protect a lot better before we get pass-happy even with a deep WR corp. Sucks to waste them but we don't have 6 front line QB's to cycle in.

Based on last year I'd say all of our QB's got their bells rung under that dingbat GDL but the worst damage was to shake their confidence. I like redshirting TB but if things don't go well and Casey is out longer than 2 games I'd consider getting him some time (not 51-49) sooner rather than later. Depends on the prognosis so let's hope Chandler can turn the page and show his best for 4qtrs this week.

Reaction Score
Agree with all you guys above. As I have stated numerous times...in HCBD I trust....
Time to rally big time around these young pups and CW. !!! Get well CC..

Here is another Hayden Fry quote that is appropriate for the situation.

"(Having a proven winner returning at quarterback) makes you feel very confident about your offense, ... But the thing that offsets that confidence is the fact that as a coach you're always scared to death that your number one quarterback, who is really outstanding, is going to become injured. Normally, the drop-off to number two is pretty big because they are so good that it's pretty hard for the number two to fill their shoes." Hayden Fry

So there is not a huge drop off from Casey to Chandler, Chandler got reps last week.
Sounds to me like Diaco, Patterson and Cummings made some good decisions! I too hope Casey gets well, heck I'm from Monroe, my whole family went to Masuk! In the meantime we should feel confident that Diaco talked Chandler into coming back and also that he got significant reps in the BYU game!

Reaction Score
Im excited to see what Cinderella Whitmyheimer can do for an entire game.

Reaction Score
I'm not worried about Chandler game managing against Stonybrook. The rest of the season is a different matter. Hope that Casey is cleared to play once conference play begins, or that Boyle's redshirt is burned. Based on what I've previously seen, I have no confidence in Whitmer longterm.
Casey, take care of yourself & get better soon. Your health is what's most important in life.

Reaction Score
Here is another Hayden Fry quote that is appropriate for the situation.

"(Having a proven winner returning at quarterback) makes you feel very confident about your offense, ... But the thing that offsets that confidence is the fact that as a coach you're always scared to death that your number one quarterback, who is really outstanding, is going to become injured. Normally, the drop-off to number two is pretty big because they are so good that it's pretty hard for the number two to fill their shoes." Hayden Fry

So there is not a huge drop off from Casey to Chandler, Chandler got reps last week.
Sounds to me like Diaco, Patterson and Cummings made some good decisions! I too hope Casey gets well, heck I'm from Monroe, my whole family went to Masuk! In the meantime we should feel confident that Diaco talked Chandler into coming back and also that he got significant reps in the BYU game!

Interview I dug up of Chandler in the Spring. I have a feeling he is going to have his best day as a husky vs. Stony brook!

Reaction Score
(1) Get well Casey! Per Hippa Regulations, your health issues don't have to be disclosed. However, if the nature of your injury is of a repetitive nature, and serious, make the right decision after considering your FB enthusiasm vs. the next 50-60 years of your life

(2) Let's throw our support 100% behind Chandler. His performances last year were based in part on his inherent skills, as well as those of the 10 others that were his "supporting" cast in the trenches. He needs to gain confidence in those around him.......he sure as hell took a beating the last couple of years.

(3) Wasn't Tim Boyle also injured. Let's not rush him back unless BD has to.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
(1) Get well Casey! Per Hippa Regulations, your health issues don't have to be disclosed. However, if the nature of your injury is of a repetitive nature, and serious, make the right decision after considering your FB enthusiasm vs. the next 50-60 years of your life

(2) Let's throw our support 100% behind Chandler. His performances last year were based in part on his inherent skills, as well as those of the 10 others that were his "supporting" cast in the trenches. He needs to gain confidence in those around him..he sure as hell took a beating the last couple of years.

(3) Wasn't Tim Boyle also injured. Let's not rush him back unless BD has to.

Well said. All of it.

Reaction Score
Just can't wait for the Tyler Davis era... this kid looks like the real thing. Since when has anyone seen a QB recruit activly helping in recruiting other players to commit? Haha

You will have to wait for the Boyle era first. Tim is going to rock it before he is done.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
Hope Casey's back up and running sooon... Time to shut him down though and do the right thing for him to get better.

Sounds terrible, but I honestly wonder now if some of his mis-throws (especially when he had multiple WR's open and over threw them a couple of times) was because of his bell getting rung, or just bad throws?

Excited to see Chandler put this team on his back though. Glad for him to start a full game. He is a senior, and kind of deserves it IMO.

Just can't wait for the Tyler Davis era... this kid looks like the real thing. Since when has anyone seen a QB recruit activly helping in recruiting other players to commit? Haha
No - said occurred on his last play of game.

Reaction Score
Doomed may be a joke on the basketball board, but it is literal for the football program.

I'm just going to pretend I didn't read that it came to light today because that would mean this is still a completely disfunctional program.

Greater possibility is that he showed no sign of a concussion at the time of the hit but developed the symptoms in the days after. But I suppose that it's more fun to speculate that a bunch of people just have no idea what they're doing . . .

While we're speculating, if this is his third concussion in a year and he's having any PCS symptoms, I'd guess that there's a better than 50% chance that we never see him on the field again.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I was ignorant (as I think almost all of us were) that CC also had two previous concussions going in to this season.

Knowing that both QB's have a history of concussions and both were only one hit away from being out makes the decision to play them both against BYU look much better.

Reaction Score
I was ignorant (as I think almost all of us were) that CC also had two previous concussions going in to this season.

Knowing that both QB's have a history of concussions and both were only one hit away from being out makes the decision to play them both against BYU look much better.

Yes, but it doesn't excuse the mid-drive change.

Reaction Score
I'm sure he didn't want this to happen, but I don't think Diaco was ever sold on Cochran as his quarterback. The whole Tyler Weisenhiemer situation suggests to me that he wants a more mobile quarterback. That is one of the things he keeps saying about Whitford. I hope the kid plays really well. But I tend to agree with coachcap. He'll manage the game fine against Stony Brook, at least I hope he will. Longer term I'm not so sure. I think he has some tools, but I don't think he has the mental part of the game now. After the beatings he took behind the DeLeone non-coached line, he is gun shy on top of everything else.

And I'm not sure this means anything for Boyle other than he's now the back-up. He also doesn't fit Diaco's mold for a quarterback. I think the reason he wasn't playing had less to do with preserving his redshirt and more to do with the fact that he was #3 in performance. Look at the kid Diaco recruited and the kid who came in from NC State. Both are more mobile. And look at the quarterbacks who played Kelly at Cinci and ND. They tended to be more mobile too. I think he looked at this year as a bridge year anyway. If Cochran really stepped up, great. We've got our quarterback. If not, we'll have options to go in the direction he'd prefer next year anyway.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Isn't Whitford touring with Aerosmith;)? I don't think he's available plus he's older than dirt. Damn good songwriter though (He wrote some of the heavier tunes back in the day. See: Round and Round from Toys in the Attic and Nobody's Fault from Rocks)

Reaction Score
Kamal Abrams played quaterback in high school. Better throw him in the rotation.
Given our stable of backs we might also consider running the wishbone!;)

Reaction Score
Kamal Abrams played quaterback in high school. Better throw him in the rotation.
Given our stable of backs we might also consider running the wishbone!;)

As did Chris DeBerry

Reaction Score
One has to wonder if Casey should put the weight back on. Would fat Casey have been hurt at all. 216 is too light for a pocket passer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom