Casey out for Saturdays game. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Casey out for Saturdays game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
One positive might be that if Whitmer does that bad, it may squash the two qb system

It's a little sinister but it's one silver lining

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
I've seen reports Boyle is starting? That would be an epic WTF

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
The news here isn't that Cochran is not playing on Saturday. The news here is that this is his THIRD concussion in less than 1 year. That is awfully dangerous. I really hope that he is okay (and I'm not just talking about football).

Suddenly, playing two QBs actually makes a whole heck of a lot more sense than it did 2 hours ago. Nobody knew Cochran had 2 concussions in the past year. It makes sense that Diaco wanted to get Whitmer in some game action in case something like this happened.

I also suspect that Boyle will be taking the field before season's end. And we will need to find a few walk-on QBs somewhere on campus to run scout team. Sheesh.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
My team stream alert said it. I nearly threw my phone away!

Reaction Score
The odds that Boyle plays this year just increased. And just like that we are thin at qb. Kivon could be playing if he was still here.

Reaction Score
I've seen reports Boyle is starting? That would be an epic WTF

Whitmer is the only person in any legitimate article that is said to be starting, and they all say they are still trying to keep Boyles redshirt, but won't hesitate to throw him in if he is needed.

Reaction Score
Has everyone failed to notice another QB on this year's roster - #16 Will Rishell?

Walk on who no body has ever even seen be allowed to practice with the other quarterbacks, makes me feel good ha

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score
Firstly, I hope CC gets healthy both short-term and long-term. Given the recent concussion history, I would be very concerned for him if I was family or a close friend. The brain is a body part you really don't want to mess with.

Secondly, I hope Whitmer absolutely crushes it in his start and plays 100% of the snaps and gobbles up some ridiculous statistics. The irony of CW performing well and having his stats being questioned by CC fans due to his opponent would be rich.

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
This sucks. Now the 2 qb thing will definitely persist. I am one who doesn't really care if Boyle plays or not. It would be j ice to RS him, but not that big of a deal. We'd better have recruited other equally talented qbs by then.

Reaction Score
Well, this is definitely a bummer to hear. Crap.

Best to CC and hoping CW can stay healthy now.

Reaction Score
And the Chandler Whitmer odyssey...continues. What a treat for UConn fans who have already been so spoiled.

Get well soon Casey. Feel bad for that kid. I was really hoping this year would be huge for him. Still could be.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Doomed may be a joke on the basketball board, but it is literal for the football program.

I'm just going to pretend I didn't read that it came to light today because that would mean this is still a completely disfunctional program.

Reaction Score
The news here isn't that Cochran is not playing on Saturday. The news here is that this is his THIRD concussion in less than 1 year. That is awfully dangerous. I really hope that he is okay (and I'm not just talking about football).

Suddenly, playing two QBs actually makes a whole heck of a lot more sense than it did 2 hours ago. Nobody knew Cochran had 2 concussions in the past year. It makes sense that Diaco wanted to get Whitmer in some game action in case something like this happened.

I also suspect that Boyle will be taking the field before season's end. And we will need to find a few walk-on QBs somewhere on campus to run scout team. Sheesh.

Why can't Shireffs run scout team?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69