Casey out for Saturdays game. | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Casey out for Saturdays game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Doomed may be a joke on the basketball board, but it is literal for the football program.

I'm just going to pretend I didn't read that it came to light today because that would mean this is still a completely disfunctional program.

You are a dysfunctional poster.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
This sucks. Now the 2 qb thing will definitely persist. I am one who doesn't really care if Boyle plays or not. It would be j ice to RS him, but not that big of a deal. We'd better have recruited other equally talented qbs by then.

Well, I think everyone outside of the program learned a few hours ago that Cochran has had 3 concussions in the past year. That's the concussion danger zone. It's not all that far-fetched that Cochran never plays again. In that case, we don't have to worry about RS Boyle to create a year separation between he and Cochran. If Boyle is better than Cochran in practice and any in-game auditions, he should/would play.

Reaction Score
One on twitter mentioned concussion which was not brought to the staff until 4 days later.

Now we all understand why they wanted to do the two quarterback thing. And it's not over yet!

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Most agree that Cochran is the better choice of the two, but this is the dictionary definition of, "Next Man Up."

Here we go Chandler. "This is why you lift all them weights." - (Thank you Bill Parcells)

Reaction Score
Well, I think everyone outside of the program learned a few hours ago that Cochran has had 3 concussions in the past year. That's the concussion danger zone. It's not all that far-fetched that Cochran never plays again. In that case, we don't have to worry about RS Boyle to create a year separation between he and Cochran. If Boyle is better than Cochran in practice and any in-game auditions, he should/would play.

Found this on the net, no idea if it accurate, but if it is Casey could be in danger with another concussion.

What are some risk factors for sustaining a sport-related concussion?

A major determinant of sport-related concussions is an athlete's prior history of concussions. Research suggests that if someone has already received one concussion, they are 1-2 times more likely to receive a second one. If they've had two concussions, then a third is 2-4 times more likely, and if they've had three concussions, then they are 3-9 times more likely to receive their fourth concussion.

Reaction Score

The reality is that CW is one concussion away from his 3rd in the past year. The OL needs to step up in a big, big way.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
The reality is that CW is one concussion away from his 3rd in the past year. The OL needs to step up in a big, big way.

That's why I'm saying UCONN will need to hold open mic night on campus to find a few scout team QBs. CW is on the brink of concussion danger zone too. Are there any UCONN kids filming a YouTube trick shot video any time soon?

Reaction Score
1. Get well Casey
2. Would be interesting to see if he got his bell rung on a play where 2nd or 3rd string O Linemen were in the game. If so, that is a strike against Bobby D's 'process'. I'm sorry but it has to be said and it is an unintended consequence of the 'process' if true. I am caveating so don't rip me too badly :)

Reaction Score
I won't argue that.

Doesn't change the point if it's true.

Points about timing and "doom" are best left to nefarious individuals not substantive people like yourself.

Who love Uconn football...

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
Just play Boyle. If we are really building for the future, CW shouldn't be the foundation.

Reaction Score
1. Get well Casey
2. Would be interesting to see if he got his bell rung on a play where 2nd or 3rd string O Linemen were in the game. If so, that is a strike against Bobby D's 'process'. I'm sorry but it has to be said and it is an unintended consequence of the 'process' if true. I am caveating so don't rip me too badly :)

You're reaching.

If it were experienced people would they just suck?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Points about timing and "doom" are best left to nefarious individuals not substantive people like yourself.

Who love Uconn football...

I'm pretty sure people who love UConn football would be most disappointed that the best quarterback on the roster took 4 days to report a concussion.

I certainly can guess at the motivation, but just like I worried about Lutrus and his stingers - I don't want to see Casey decrease his future quality of life by making poor decisions.

Reaction Score
I won't argue that.

Doesn't change the point if it's true.

Hiding concussions from football coaches is an American past time. It doesn't mean the program is dysfunctional, it means that Casey was worried about being shut down for the season or something similarly extreme that can happen when you have such a string of concussions.

Reaction Score
I'm pretty sure people who love UConn football would be most disappointed that the best quarterback on the roster took 4 days to report a concussion.

I certainly can guess at the motivation, but just like I worried about Lutrus and his stingers - I don't want to see Casey decrease his future quality of life by making poor decisions.

And the "doom" part?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Hiding concussions from football coaches is an American past time. It doesn't mean the program is dysfunctional, it means that Casey was worried about being shut down for the season or something similarly extreme that can happen when you have such a string of concussions.

Yes I just posted that I understand Casey's motivation to hide an injury.

At the same time it has bigger implications. But culture changes take time.

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score
Just play Boyle. If we are really building for the future, CW shouldn't be the foundation.

Seriously? You and Palatine either think that Boyle today is a better QB than CW or you are saying we should quit on this season entirely...which is it? If it's the former, I'd love to know what support you have for that position and I don't even want to consider the latter.

Reaction Score
1. Get well Casey

There was no second or third line that played. Only two reserve players substituted total in the game that were not the starters.

Reaction Score
There was no second or third line that played. Only two reserve players substituted total in the game that were not the starters.

I know that 2 true frosh played on the OL. I find it hard to believe, that if 25 players played on offense, that only 2 OL subbed.

Reaction Score
- If Boyle doesn't play on Saturday it must mean that the coaches don't think this is a season ending injury.

- I doubt Casey will play vs Boise since Diaco already planned on using that as a quasi preseason game.

- thank goodness Diaco was able to convince Chandler to come back. Time to rally around Chandler, I hope he shines.

- this sucks big time.

RedSoloCup

2 golf tournaments...
Reaction Score
Get well soon Casey, I hope it all gets sorted out.

If it is a concussion, I hope you take it easy and get back when you are healthy enough.

Next man in and all, Chandler, you need to take the reins and trust your line and your coaches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom