Casey out for Saturdays game. | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Casey out for Saturdays game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
One positive might be that if Whitmer does that bad, it may squash the two qb system

It's a little sinister but it's one silver lining

Oh that sounds great. You are rooting for our starting QB to do poorly.
In retrospect, I am happy CW got the reps. Makes Diaco look like a genius!

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
No worries. We are still in preparation phase for this season. With a bit of good fortune Cochran will be back by the time the season starts.

Spackler with solid sarcasm!

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
Skibs, won't rip you for thinking out loud in public but you know people get hurt playing football. Not the coaches fault...unless he's calling bubble screens to a split wide QB that's already concussed.

Reaction Score
I'll tell you what, I basically said this before. We recruited one national all American running back, and we have Mike Foley in charge of the OL. How about we scrap this frigging 50 players on offense plan and play some UCONN football and win a game? Please? Anyone? Who recruits an all American and doesn't give him the ball? I want to see a single game rushing record on Saturday. Ram the same damned play down their throat for 60 minutes.

Christ almighty, oyvey, allah and virgins in heaven amen.

Good night.

Reaction Score
Hope he gets better. But as a coaches son, he should have told the staff way sooner. How much of practice time with the firsts did he take away this week?

I know he is just a kid, but not very smart or in the best interest of the team to keep it quiet.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Damn it! I hope that Casey has a quick and full recovery. You almost wish it was a hurt muscle or something like that, where you know it's just going to get better with the appropriate amount of time. Uggh. And he is the future of this team (along with Boyle).

As for Chandler, I think most people on the board know that I believe in this kid and I think he has all the tools to shine. He is free from the cancer that is "GDL-wallpapered-zone-blocking," and I hope he really makes a lot of people say "Awesome!" I CLEARLY didn't want him to get the job like this, but I hope he does a great job now that he has it.

Get well soon, Casey...

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Yeah old time hockey. Eddie Shore!!!!

duckK EDDIE SHORE!!
I'll tell you what, I basically said this before. We recruited one national all American running back, and we have Mike Foley in charge of the OL. How about we scrap this frigging 50 players on offense plan and play some UCONN football and win a game? Please? Anyone? Who recruits an all American and doesn't give him the ball? I want to see a single game rushing record on Saturday. Ram the same damned play down their throat for 60 minutes.

Good night.

Reaction Score
Has it been confirmed that it's a concussion? I haven't found anything other than "upper body injury". HCBD said its a day to day injury.

Reaction Score

Good night.

I couldn't agree more. This game shouldn't be about the QB's. I want to see our OL punish a team. I want 200+ Yards on the ground. Get this OL believing that they can be a force. Nothing about our offense changes until our OL starts smashing other teams in the mouth play after play. Get well soon Casey.

Reaction Score
I know that 2 true frosh played on the OL. I find it hard to believe, that if 25 players played on offense, that only 2 OL subbed.

Crozier and Rutherford were the only two substitutions on the line period.

Reaction Score
Hope he gets better. But as a coaches son, he should have told the staff way sooner. How much of practice time with the firsts did he take away this week?

I know he is just a kid, but not very smart or in the best interest of the team to keep it quiet.

If you're like me, or anyone else like me, you'd have kept your mouth shut and kept going too. Drop it.

Reaction Score
if my kid had three concussions in a year I'd probably advise him from playing again this season

Reaction Score
I couldn't agree more. This game shouldn't be about the QB's. I want to see our OL punish a team. I want 200+ Yards on the ground. Get this OL believing that they can be a force. Nothing about our offense changes until our OL starts smashing other teams in the mouth play after play. Get well soon Casey.

The biggest disappointment of the BYU game was less than 100 yards on the ground.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score

Maybe the memory that he got concussed in the first place finally came to him yesterday.

This sucks gigantic balls

Reaction Score
If it is a concussion I doubt he is cleared for Boise. Get well Casey.

Reaction Score
Tommy Hopkins and Kyle Bocheloh also got into the game according to the participation list.

http://www.uconnhuskies.com/sports/m-footbl/stats/2014-2015/game01.html#GAME.PRE

Special Teams probably not on Oline, from tale of the tape:

Offensive line

Here's the good news: Unlike the skill positions, the Huskies appear set on who will man each spot along their first-team offensive line.

Here's the bad news: That determination is out of necessity, and those first-stringers have a lot of work to do.

Back-up left tackle Trey Rutherford, a true freshman from Ontario, and his classmate, right guard Ryan Crozier of Plantation, Fla., were the only Huskies to sub in along the line against BYU. Each received half a dozen snaps in the first half during a single series. Rutherford was quickly overmatched and then benched, while Crozier held his own and expertly pulled on a first-down run. Overall, both players, akin to many youngsters on the team, would benefit from a year in the weight room and Diaco's new program.

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
Hope Casey's back up and running sooon... Time to shut him down though and do the right thing for him to get better.

Sounds terrible, but I honestly wonder now if some of his mis-throws (especially when he had multiple WR's open and over threw them a couple of times) was because of his bell getting rung, or just bad throws?

Excited to see Chandler put this team on his back though. Glad for him to start a full game. He is a senior, and kind of deserves it IMO.

Just can't wait for the Tyler Davis era... this kid looks like the real thing. Since when has anyone seen a QB recruit activly helping in recruiting other players to commit? Haha

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
Newsome left, right, and up the middle. Sorry Geremy, no passes from Happy Feet this week. If you can get an under line against a 1AA team, take it. We ain't scoring over 30.

On another note, News8 and their coverage of this. Led off just now with Geno and the LL girl first.

Yeah, our newsfolk in CT are all about big time college football.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Newsome left, right, and up the middle. Sorry Geremy, no passes from Happy Feet this week. If you can get an under line against a 1AA team, take it. We ain't scoring over 30.

On another note, News8 and their coverage of this. Led off just now with Geno and the LL girl first.

Yeah, our newsfolk in CT are all about big time college football.
Coffee is for closers. Geno is a closer.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Too bad for Casey. Hope he can return if the doctors say it's okay, and if he does he avoids further injury.

Too bad for the team Taylor didn't pan out for whatever reason, and Lagow decided to leave after spending the summer and (apparently) not cracking the top 3. We were thin going into the fall, and now have to deal with that thinness after one game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom