Carolyn Peck | The Boneyard

Carolyn Peck

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I haven't read the game thread so I don't know if this was previously mentioned but - kudos to Peck for being on topic, brief in her comments and even interesting. There haven't been any rambling stories, excessive gushing or outright babbling.

Peck has gotten a lot of grief here on the Boneyard in the past. I thought it was only appropriate to give her a thumbs up when she's doing a good job.

Reaction Score
Yes, it's very strange, but she's not bothering me today..............:):)

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Whoulda thunk it? Maybe she reads the BY and took a few pointers from our suggestions! ;)

Reaction Score
Perhaps because there was no Trey Wingo hanging around, calling her "coach" making her think like she is still one and talking like one...

Reaction Score
I do agree! She also seemed to be better prepared. I was able to watch the game w/o being distracted. Comments were related to the play on the floor and the players.
Ira

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
Perhaps because there was no Trey Wingo hanging around, calling her "coach" making her think like she is still one and talking like one...
Wingo is certainly not missed, but I think it's way past time to stop talking about Peck's NC from about 15 years ago, w hich she totally lucked into.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
Respectfully disagree. I just remember thinking, "The SNY announcers are much better than this." In the first half, neither ESPN announcer told anyone's cumulative stats. We didn't know Stef had 20 points until the half was over. Many shots were taken with the shooter unidentified. That didn't happen on SNY.

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
Respectfully disagree. I just remember thinking, "The SNY announcers are much better than this." In the first half, neither ESPN announcer told anyone's cumulative stats. We didn't know Stef had 20 points until the half was over. Many shots were taken with the shooter unidentified. That didn't happen on SNY.
Much of the blame for all that falls to the poor play by play work of Pam Ward, one of the worst.

Reaction Score
Much of the blame for all that falls to the poor play by play work of Pam Ward, one of the worst.
My totally irrelevent comment to this is the fact that I never realized that she's so darn tall. She totally towered over Geno in that interview. I would have thought she was 5'7 or so when seeing her sitting down. Obvously she is much closer to 6'2 or even taller. By the way, she didn't really blubber as she typically does, did she.

Reaction Score
I thought they weren't good, but not awful. I found Peck less offensive than usual, but would still prefer TV without her.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I didn't say that Jay Bilas should start worrying about his job. I simply gave Peck credit for cutting back on the annoying chatter and sticking todoing color commentary. She was definitely improved over last season.

Tough crowd.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
I didn't say that Jay Bilas should start worrying about his job. I simply gave Peck credit for cutting back on the annoying chatter and sticking todoing color commentary. She was definitely improved over last season.

Tough crowd.
I retract that part of my statement. I am in no position to say whether Peck was better or worse than in the past. So I don't disagree with you. And, I don't think that my comment conflicts with yours. Probably it was Ward's fault. Call me old fashioned, but I kinda like to know who's shooting the ball.

Reaction Score
I haven't read the game thread so I don't know if this was previously mentioned but - kudos to Peck for being on topic, brief in her comments and even interesting. There haven't been any rambling stories, excessive gushing or outright babbling.

Peck has gotten a lot of grief here on the Boneyard in the past. I thought it was only appropriate to give her a thumbs up when she's doing a good job.

Nan, you must of heard a different game than me.
I thought she and Pam Ward were terrible. They talked nonsense during the game and missed a lot of the court action. They were discussing the Baylor loss while the game was being played. They missed substitutions and a number of plays.

I do not understand how ESPN can allow Carolyn Peck to analyze games. I turned off the sound when she got real bad

Reaction Score
Peck was not at her worst, while Pam Ward was. How many times did she confuse Doty/Faris and never correct it? That was just terrible

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score

Tough crowd.

Need a lot of Listerine to remove the bad taste she has left in our mouths from games past....

LesMis89

Dedicated Lurker
Reaction Score
Pam Ward was simply awful. I didn't notice Peck which is a compliment to her.

Reaction Score
As the saying goes, "It's all relative." Alot of it certainly is, for sure. Compared to what's out there, Peck has never bothered me all that much; I find her to be pleasant of personality and appearance. She has knowledge of the game (correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe she was at the helm when the Boilermakers brought home their only NC in quite some time). Some annoucers who might be more articulate are, in contrast, a huge pain in this particular butt.

FairView

Mad Man
Reaction Score
Yes, Peck was better than usual – and West Nile Virus is better than Smallpox.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Caroline started the game by saying that because Bria was injured that UConn did not have a Point Guard. She followed up through out the game with a number of similar statements but, generally, Pam Ward made her look good by comparison as she miscalled Caroline and Kelly and vice versa several times.

Ozzie Nelson

RIP, Ozzie
Reaction Score
As the saying goes, "It's all relative." Alot of it certainly is, for sure. Compared to what's out there, Peck has never bothered me all that much; I find her to be pleasant of personality and appearance. She has knowledge of the game (correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe she was at the helm when the Boilermakers brought home their only NC in quite some time). Some annoucers who might be more articulate are, in contrast, a huge pain in this particular butt.

Some one on air needs to point out that she has a NC on her resume!!!!!!:D

Reaction Score
Some one on air needs to point out that she has a NC on her resume!!!!!!:D

You must not be listening. Everytime she is announced they say she won a national championship at Purdue. That doesn't make her a good announcer. She has been awful for years. Listen/watch Kara Lawson do a game and you can see what a good announcer sounds like. Pairing her with Pam Ward is criminal. I am so glad most of the games are not on ESPN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom