Carolyn Peck picks SC | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Carolyn Peck picks SC

Status
Not open for further replies.

cferraro04

Sensei
Reaction Score
Dawn Staley looked into the mirror and thought...why? What have I done to deserves this? I mean here I am with the tallest team in WCBB, we are enjoying an undefeated season and many of my players are buying into the what I and my staff have been working hard to instill in this team. We have them believing, we have them thinking that they can do this...we can bring a National Championship back to South Carolina. The media is hyping the public that this is the greatest game in the history of WCBB... Heck, even Geno is so shaken by the hype that he has to resort to trickery and psychological games to motivate his lackluster team... So, he sits his three top post players, two of his best scorers and pretends that their lack of energy is so unacceptable that he would prefer to lose. So, with the perfect storm on the horizon, with all the stars lined-up...what could go wrong? This is a foregone conclusion right? Well, that was before Carolyn Peck made her prediction that South Carolina would win the game. Given CP's usual blathering and her clueless commentary often times heard pontificating across the airwaves...why would she do that to us after we have worked so hard to be in this position. Please, please Carolyn take it back...take it back.

Reaction Score
ESPN is making sure that there are eyeballs on the TV set for the game tomorrow. If everyone picked UConn, a lot of folks might figure there's no point in tuning in to see how the game turns out.

Besides, have people forgotten Peck's resume?

1. Player at SEC school Vanderbilt
2. After graduation, assistant coach at SEC school Tennessee
3. After leaving UTenn, assistant coach at SEC school Kentucky

She's an SEC homer.
Uh, CP was head coach of the Purdue women's basketball team when they won the NCAA championship. And she's coached internationally, for the USA team under Goestenkors in the late 1990s

Reaction Score
In a more informed comment, Carolyn advised that the type of heels Mulkey is wearing actually make it easier on your knees when you crouch (sideline coaching position)

See. That is what I call type flight reporting. You know, in these important games, I want to know what kind of heels our female coaches are wearing. Those decisions weigh pretty heavy on my mind as a fan. I want to know if the male coaches are wearing Italian made shoes as well. It's not about the X's and O's anymore. It's about the heels and the soles ;)

CTyankee

Proud member of King Geno's Court
Reaction Score
On the other hand, Rebecca picked UConn, but qualified her choice by saying she gives the win to UConn because they are playing in Gampel... No other information added...

I take that to mean she thinks on a neutral court or their turf that the winner could be otherwise...

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Sad thing is, most will not understand this response. Brilliant! and thank you.
Count me among those that both understood & appreciated. I am blaming the autocorrect feature for this!

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
On the other hand, Rebecca picked UConn, but qualified her choice by saying she gives the win to UConn because they are playing in Gampel... No other information added...
CT,
Rebeccca made same pick twice during the broadcast. One was in game where they cut to her -almost caught her off guard - and she provided a brief explanation-UCONN would win because the game was played in Gampel. At halftime she gave a more thorough explanation and pointed squarely at the scoring. She does not believe that SC will be able to score enough points to keep up with UCONN-especially the SC starters. I almost didn't believe what I was hearing so I had to go look it up for myself here.

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/scar/sports/w-baskbl/auto_pdf/2014-15/stats/season_stats.pdf
SC only has only one starter (Mitchell) averaging double figures in point.
SC has two starters ( Session and Dozier) who average less than 5 points each per game.
SC also has two double figure scores coming off the bench in (Wilson & Coates) but starters vs starters is how/where she thinks the game will be decided.

Reaction Score
I can't recall any occasion, on any sports channel, when discussing their predictions on any upcoming big game in any sport, when two or more analysts all agreed on the outcome. They are simply making good TV (or so they think, or so their employer thinks) by presenting cases for both possible outcomes, no matter what their real opinions might be.

Now, maybe Peck really believes SC will win. But maybe not.

Reaction Score
Carolyn knows very little about the sport she coached. She's only picking SC because everyone else is picking us. She figures if we win nobody will remember she picked SC and if SC wins she figures she'll look real smart. Maybe for a second but once she opens her mouth they'll realize she got lucky.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
It doesn't matter. Tomorrow UConn will be ranked number 1 in the polls.

Reaction Score
Carolyn Peck, ace ESPN women's hoops analyst, has just gone on record naming DS as "the greatest coach, ever", in any sport. To this she added that the current SC starting five is the best in the history of the sport. In part, she justifies her opinions after noting the foot ware that SC was seen wearing as they arrived at Gample. "Simply stunning", the highly esteemed Peck opined.

Reaction Score
It doesn't matter. Tomorrow UConn will be ranked number 1 in the polls.
Actually, we will be #2 in the AP poll tomorrow. Instead of holding it until after tonight's game, they released it on Monday as usual, a few minutes ago:

No change in top 6, no change in # first place votes:

1. SC
2. UCONN
3. Baylor
4. ND
5. MD
6. TN
7. Florida State (up from 9)
8. Oregon State (down from 7)
9. Louisville (down from 8)
10. Kentucky (up from 11)
11. Duke (up from 15)
12. Arizona State (down from 10)

Stanford fell from 12 to 19

Reaction Score
After watching the first half I am curious to know what Carolyn knows that we don't.

Reaction Score
I understand CP has to hype the game...... but she is at risl of looking just plain stupid.... with comments on SC hoops team dawn staley etc

CTyankee

Proud member of King Geno's Court
Reaction Score
I hope to see her post game analysis next...

Reaction Score
Carolyn Peck said what????????????? Hey Carolyn know any good recipes for how to eat crow???

Reaction Score
I understand CP has to hype the game. but she is at risl of looking just plain stupid.... with comments on SC hoops team dawn staley etc
No we crossed that bridge a while back...

Reaction Score
Carolyn Peck: UConn's Lucky Charm

I just hope she keeps picking against UConn!

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
CP has almost always packed a peck of pickleheaded picks against UConn, but in a sense that's what she's paid to do, otherwise the SEC teams would all get huffy and say UConn puts on commentators like Kara L. and Becca who "fawn" over the Huskies.

Not quite sure how much coaching she did back in 1999 since she tried to flee the team for a pro job before the season and the senior players White-McCarty and Figgs had to almost blackmail her to stay for a second season because they knew that a third coach in 3 years would severely limit their chances to go far even with underclassman Katie Douglass adding to their chances. Best you can say is she didn't get in the way of a great team.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
They should have called Peck on the postgame show. I'll be curious to hear her list of excuses.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
After watching the first half I am curious to know what Carolyn knows that we don't.
I'm just going to say it. Carolyn Peck is a moron and when she opens her mouth and says stuff like that (that SC would win), it only makes her even more of a joke. If you are going to be one of the main analysts, then analyze. Many UCONN fans (and I read the Tennessee board and MANY of them predicted a 20 point win) obviously know more about these 2 teams than Peck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom