Caroline Ducharme could soon return What that means for the Huskies | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Caroline Ducharme could soon return What that means for the Huskies

Reaction Score
Six main rotation players really- Patterson, Deberry and Ines typically don’t play too much except for spot relief. Let’s say Caroline gets some playing time- who sits while she plays? Depends on game situation maybe, but would Aubrey sit? Aubrey isn’t as good a shooter but is better defensively and excels on fast break points. Take out Aaliyah (leave Dorka in as big) or sub for Dorka and let Aaliyah be the big? Need Nika to be the point guard- don’t want Lou off the floor, but maybe if Lou needs to rest a bit?
Caroline can sub for nearly anyone on the floor. Working ' backwards," however, she is not a post player and she really is not a point guard. So, she would best fit as a substitute for a forward and/or shooting guard. That means; Aubrey, Lou and Edwards as first choices. She can give them each a rest and UCONN should not lose much offensively or defensively. But Caroline has not played for more than a month, so we need to work her into the line-up slowly. I would not re-introduce her to college basketball against south Carolina. What is the point? we can't win that one with her or without her.

Reaction Score
Caroline can sub for nearly anyone on the floor. Working ' backwards," however, she is not a post player and she really is not a point guard. So, she would best fit as a substitute for a forward and/or shooting guard. That means; Aubrey, Lou and Edwards as first choices. She can give them each a rest and UCONN should not lose much offensively or defensively. But Caroline has not played for more than a month, so we need to work her into the line-up slowly. I would not re-introduce her to college basketball against south Carolina. What is the point? we can't win that one with her or without her.
I like everything except the "can't" in the last line. I'm okay with "probably won't". We just don't know how SC is going to play. If they have a bad game and we have a very good game we could win. Likely? No but possible nevertheless.

I agree completely with your analysis of Caroline's versatility. With a 6 man rotation everyone can rest since Lou can play the point for a short period and Aaliyah can move to the 5 if needed. You get another 3 point shooter, an offensive threat, someone who moves classically without the ball, a savvy player, and a fearless competitor who its not afraid to take the big shot. It changes our team provided she gets back eventually to Caroline form.

Reaction Score
I like everything except the "can't" in the last line. I'm okay with "probably won't". We just don't know how SC is going to play. If they have a bad game and we have a very good game we could win. Likely? No but possible nevertheless.

I agree completely with your analysis of Caroline's versatility. With a 6 man rotation everyone can rest since Lou can play the point for a short period and Aaliyah can move to the 5 if needed. You get another 3 point shooter, an offensive threat, someone who moves classically without the ball, a savvy player, and a fearless competitor who its not afraid to take the big shot. It changes our team provided she gets back eventually to Caroline form.
UConn plays at its best when they run the floor and their offense stays in motion. Caroline is good at both. While I agree that she may need time to get her shot back, having her in the lineup can help the other 4 players as well.

Reaction Score
Am I alone in wishing we fans could received timely updates on UConn player injuries? DuCharme went out a month or so ago with "concussion protocol" and since then it's been radio silence. Same is true for Azzi and all the other players. We have no idea what's happening. My sense is that other teams and other sports are much more on top of this.

Reaction Score
Am I alone in wishing we fans could received timely updates on UConn player injuries? DuCharme went out a month or so ago with "concussion protocol" and since then it's been radio silence. Same is true for Azzi and all the other players. We have no idea what's happening. My sense is that other teams and other sports are much more on top of this.
Radio silence? There are literally pictures of her practicing with the team today. She is partial contact in a special little yellow jersey. We've been told they think she might be back between the Marquette game and the next Villanova game but can't be sure with a concussion.

We also know Azzi has been cleared to stop using crutches and the brace, that her rehab is going well and that next week they'll know more about when she might play again.

We have so much information about these injuries, posts like this make no sense.

Reaction Score
My guess is South Carolina. Geno is going to need another shooter for that game.
I'd be somewhat surprised if they play Ducharme against South Carolina after being out for so long...........talk about being thrown in the "deep end"...........she was still wearing earplugs less than two weeks ago and now to expect her to play in front of 15,000 hostile fans against one of the most physically imposing basketball teams in the country is not a great recipe for successful reentry..........if the game is tied with twenty seconds to go and UConn has the ball I might be tempted to change my mind......;)

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
I'd be somewhat surprised if they play Ducharme against South Carolina after being out for so long...........talk about being thrown in the "deep end"...........she was still wearing earplugs less than two weeks ago and now to expect her to play in front of 15,000 hostile fans against one of the most physically imposing basketball teams in the country is not a great recipe for successful reentry..........if the game is tied with twenty seconds to go and UConn has the ball I might be tempted to change my mind......;)
Hostile fans at the XL Center? I certainly hope not.

Reaction Score
I hope someone is not eating crow late Sunday. Just saying
B&C

Reaction Score
Home game no hostile fan
B&C

Reaction Score
A decent rebounder, remember she's 6'2", and a decent outside shooter to give a penetrating Lou someone to throw to if she's doubled!

Reaction Score
Your analysis makes sense but I don’t think Geno has a choice. UConn has to have an outside 3 pt threat against South Carolina other Lou. If Ducharme isn’t in there, South Carolina will double up Lou all day long, and we lose by 20. :oops:

Reaction Score
Your analysis makes sense but I don’t think Geno has a choice. UConn has to have an outside 3 pt threat against South Carolina other Lou. If Ducharme isn’t in there, South Carolina will double up Lou all day long, and we lose by 20. :oops:
I'd rather lose by twenty to South Carolina and have a healthy Ducharme for the rest of the season but this is a moot point because I'm sure they won't let her on the court if they don't think she's OK to play.......

Reaction Score
I hope someone is not eating crow late Sunday. Just saying
B&C
I admire his chutzpah, he posted a similar prediction before the Creighton game that if no Ducharme or Fudd, no chance. Uconn squeezed by without them by 25.

Reaction Score
The Headline here is " Caroline could return soon. What does that mean for the Huskies?" The question is really, " what does soon mean?" After South Carolina, all that remains is a bunch of Big East games. And only Villanova is a real challenge. Caroline, of course, should not be used until she, and all the doctors, are certain she is 100% good to go. Maybe the last 3-4 games of the Big East can be used to get her back in basketball shape, and she can be healthy for the tournament and beyond. What it mean for UCONN is a lot easier to answer. It means we have someone coming off the bench, who can replace one of several players and actually contribute meaningfully. She makes UCONN a far better team.

Reaction Score
I'd rather lose by twenty to South Carolina and have a healthy Ducharme for the rest of the season but this is a moot point because I'm sure they won't let her on the court if they don't think she's OK to play.......
There is no reason to let her play against South Carolina, and there has been no indication given that she might.

Reaction Score
Geno said the other day “she’s ready to go”, but according to you she isn’t even healthy yet, but I guess you know better than her coach. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Geno said the other day “she’s ready to go”, but according to you she isn’t even healthy yet, but I guess you know better than her coach. :rolleyes:
I believe I just wrote "I don't think they'll let her on the court if they don't think she's OK to play"....... Who do you think the "THEY" is?

Reaction Score
I believe I just wrote "I don't think they'll let her on the court if they don't think she's OK to play"....... Who do you think the "THEY" is?
“They” said a few days ago she’s ready to go, he did not say ‘if’ anything like you are.

Reaction Score
Hopefully she doesn't return until she's 100% ready to play all out, cause she's brings another outside threat, who can drive, and wh can rebound!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom