Caroline Ducharme could soon return What that means for the Huskies | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Caroline Ducharme could soon return What that means for the Huskies

Reaction Score
Well just a thought If we lose the SC game with or without Caroline would it be smart to play her at all? We need her in March. No sense in taking a chance on setting her back a few more weeks when shes come this far in rehab. If she were ready to go and was knocking down shots then that would be different. That would show she can contribute and make a difference. Its gonna be a pressure game with a sell out crowd screaming and yelling. Im not sure that environment is good for Caroline considering she was wearing ear plugs a short time ago. The only difference Caroline would make at this point is she could give a breather to one of the starters or fill in if somebody were in foul trouble. With that said how effective would her rebounding be (we dont know that) considering SC is big and if she gets knocked in the head we may lose her for the season. I dont like taking chances.

As far as the medical situation, I think that’s a decision that should be left to the doctors and the trainers. Then if she is medically OK, how much she plays as a decision that is up to Geno.

As for trying to protect her, it’s important to remember that she is almost as likely to get a concussion in practice as in a game. The one she is recovering from now happened in practice.

Reaction Score
Better check the roster. Ducharme is a sophomore.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Caroline is a sophomore this year, along with Azzi and Amari. Nika, Paige and Aaliyah are true juniors. I think that Aubrey is a redshirt junior.

Last edited:

Centerstream

Reaction Score
As far as the medical situation, I think that’s a decision that should be left to the doctors and the trainers. Then if she is medically OK, how much she plays as a decision that is up to Geno.

As for trying to protect her, it’s important to remember that she is almost as likely to get a concussion in practice as in a game. The one she is recovering from now happened in practice.
I was not aware of this fact.

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
Caroline is a sophomore.
9CA5C148-0B0A-481D-9F4B-FDB1E7AE54DC.jpeg

Reaction Score
Caroline is a Sophmore

Edwards, Bueckers, Muhl and Griffin on this year's roster are the only players eligible for a Covid year.

Reaction Score

Centerstream

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Well said, RockyMtblue2. You can bet once Caroline gets back in a game, almost surely slower and less game sharp than she was back around the holidays, that she will be a prime target for some of our fellow BYers in the Chatroom.

I hope she's back to good playing shape before the Big East tournament so she can really be a factor for the NCAAs.
That is probably a much more realistic goal. Caroline and Azzi can't be expected to be any help in our big game with South Carolina even if they play a few minutes. Hopefully we can ease them in gradually and still survive the rest of the Big East schedule and be close to full strength for the Big East and NCAA tournament.

In Caroline's case she wasn't fully back to normal before missing games. The recovery from hip surgery was taking longer than I expected, and Caroline's conditioning appeared to have a way to go as well, so in terms of resembling her play last year, it could take at least a few games to get all the way back.

Reaction Score
That is probably a much more realistic goal. Caroline and Azzi can't be expected to be any help in our big game with South Carolina even if they play a few minutes. Hopefully we can ease them in gradually and still survive the rest of the Big East schedule and be close to full strength for the Big East and NCAA tournament.

In Caroline's case she wasn't fully back to normal before missing games. The recovery from hip surgery was taking longer than I expected, and Caroline's conditioning appeared to have a way to go as well, so in terms of resembling her play last year, it could take at least a few games to get all the way back.
No way either of them are playing against South Carolina.

Reaction Score
"UConn sophomore guard Caroline Ducharme has entered concussion protocol after an incident during practice at the beginning of the week, the school announced Tuesday."

I am a bit concerned that 3 different players have suffered head injuries in practice this year. Aaliyah got her nose broken, Ines needed 7 stitches in her forehead, and Caroline suffered a concussion severe enough to have cost her a month. I know they need to go hard in practice, but they need to be more careful. I would say “use your heads”, but that seems inappropriate.

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
I think the game at Tennessee really took a toll on the team mentally and physically. To play the way they did in front of a rowdy crowd on the road was amazing. Next game not good, the game after that, even worse. To beat South Carolina, it has always been the post play was always the part of the game that made the difference. Going into the season our posts have been really good, and optimism towards being able to compete with SC was shared by most Boneyarders. But now, even if we can stay with them inside, one shooter, Lou, will not help us win. We need more than one option to pull out this game, and even if Lou plays like she did against Tennessee it may not be enough. We can't depend on Dorka shooting from the outside because we will need her for rebounding.
I know Azzi won't be ready, and if Caroline plays she probably won't be too effective, but having her in the game with Lou may still cause SC to cover her and loosen up the defense on Lou. I don't think she will play because I thought she would give it a try against PC, but she didn't. So guys, lets just hope for a competitive game with or without Caroline. We know we will get better by the end of February and that is encouraging.
For now, these girls will play their hearts out, and no matter what happens on Sunday, I am extremely proud of them. Go Huskies.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
Caroline is a Sophmore

Edwards, Bueckers, Muhl and Griffin on this year's roster are the only players eligible for a Covid year.
Lou and Dorka are using their Covid year this season.

Reaction Score
I don't know what the level of injury CD has but if it is in fact a concussion that has kept her out this long I wouldn't be surprised if she doesn't come back to play until next fall. It seems like they have had a good number of concussions lately, what is that all about? Azzi could be a different story, but if she doesn't have structural damage why has she been out for over a month?

UCONN just might have to go with the warriors they have now. They are good enough to win it all but they will need to clean up their play a little bit before the tournament.

Reaction Score
She could get a medical red shirt
Requirements for a Medical Waiver:
1) less than 30% of regular season
2) not have played in the second half of season
3) medical certification she could not finish the season.

Caroline has played in 12 games which is 3 more than the 30% max of 9 games for this season.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom