Caroline Ducharme could soon return What that means for the Huskies | The Boneyard

Caroline Ducharme could soon return What that means for the Huskies

Reaction Score
Six main rotation players really- Patterson, Deberry and Ines typically don’t play too much except for spot relief. Let’s say Caroline gets some playing time- who sits while she plays? Depends on game situation maybe, but would Aubrey sit? Aubrey isn’t as good a shooter but is better defensively and excels on fast break points. Take out Aaliyah (leave Dorka in as big) or sub for Dorka and let Aaliyah be the big? Need Nika to be the point guard- don’t want Lou off the floor, but maybe if Lou needs to rest a bit?

Centerstream

I may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer, but
Reaction Score
I think that the key word here is "could"...and in the Nova post game presser, didn't Geno speculate that it "could" be 2-5 more games?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
One thing that people seem to forget, as she has consistently been playing lights out, is that Aubrey had back surgery last year. If Caroline can spell her for a few minutes at a time, that would change the dynamic of our offense (granted: weakening our rebounding) and force the defense to not put their emphasis so much on Lou. Two (or 3 with Dorka) deep threats means that the inside opens up for Aaliyah a little more.

Reaction Score
Now don't get mad at me for this. I think it is an open question of the game shape Caroline will be in and I wouldn't be surprised that it may take several games for her shooting rythmn to return.
Well said, RockyMtblue2. You can bet once Caroline gets back in a game, almost surely slower and less game sharp than she was back around the holidays, that she will be a prime target for some of our fellow BYers in the Chatroom.

I hope she's back to good playing shape before the Big East tournament so she can really be a factor for the NCAAs.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Well just a thought If we lose the SC game with or without Caroline would it be smart to play her at all? We need her in March. No sense in taking a chance on setting her back a few more weeks when shes come this far in rehab. If she were ready to go and was knocking down shots then that would be different. That would show she can contribute and make a difference. Its gonna be a pressure game with a sell out crowd screaming and yelling. Im not sure that environment is good for Caroline considering she was wearing ear plugs a short time ago. The only difference Caroline would make at this point is she could give a breather to one of the starters or fill in if somebody were in foul trouble. With that said how effective would her rebounding be (we dont know that) considering SC is big and if she gets knocked in the head we may lose her for the season. I dont like taking chances.

Reaction Score
I think the coaching staff will use the next six weeks to get the team ready for the NCAA tournament. None of the remaining games really matter. UConn has basically punched its ticket, and is now playing for seeding. They can afford to bring Caroline and Azzi along slowly because they have seven weeks until games that matter. I like the chemistry the start five have developed, and I would stick with the starters the rest of the way even if in name only and let Azzi, Caroline, Ayanna, Amari, and Ines get into some kind of reliable sub rotation.

Reaction Score
Good points about risk of re-injury, and whether it is against SC or another team, I hope she is inclined to wearing some kind of protective helmet. Still, the sooner she can get court time, then the sooner she can start getting back into game shape.

Reaction Score
"During some games, Ducharme was seen wearing earplugs on the sideline, while during others she had to leave the bench midway through a game to find a quieter space....'To come to a game and she has to leave in the second quarter because she can't handle the lights, you know, then she’s not ready.'"

Poor kid. Wishing her a full recovery soon without lasting effects.

Reaction Score
When Caroline does play, she will give it her all, as that's the only way she knows how to play. I'm her biggest fan and have been patiently waiting for to be healthy enough to play at full speed and help the team. Caroline still has a great future with Uconn and I believe she gets a Covid year. Every player want's to say they were National Champions, and Caroline is no different. GO HUSKIES!!!!

Reaction Score
I had an athletic concussion and the recovery took more than 8 weeks. I was very sound sensitive and getting bumped around was painful for my head and neck. Moving quickly in a game situation was a challenge. All injuries are certainly different. She needs small doses of game time. If it were my squad I’d be wary of playing her against a big physical team.
She needs to work on her defensive footwork as her reaction time to players faking then driving past her is weak. Her injury won’t help that. Gym practice time and small doses of game time will.

Centerstream

I may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer, but
Reaction Score
When Caroline does play, she will give it her all, as that's the only way she knows how to play. I'm her biggest fan and have been patiently waiting for to be healthy enough to play at full speed and help the team. Caroline still has a great future with Uconn and I believe she gets a Covid year. Every player want's to say they were National Champions, and Caroline is no different. GO HUSKIES!!!!
Caroline is not eligible for a COVID year, this year's junior class is the last eligible class.

Reaction Score
To help, she doesn't have to be at the top of her game. Just give a starter a few minutes of rest with a competent replacement

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom