Caroline Doty | The Boneyard

Caroline Doty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
17 minutes, 0 for everything! Well almost. 2 assists ,1 turnover, 1 foul. If she can't be more productive, their needs to be changes to the lineup. Every so often she scores 10 points against nobody and everyone goes gaga! Please! Either Morgan or MoJeff need to be in the lineup. They both have big upsides, and are coming on. The reasoning of CD holding everything together is hogwash!

Reaction Score
17 minutes, 0 for everything! Well almost. 2 assists ,1 turnover, 1 foul. If she can't be more productive, their needs to be changes to the lineup. Every so often she scores 10 points against nobody and everyone goes gaga! Please! Either Morgan or MoJeff need to be in the lineup. They both have big upsides, and are coming on. The reasoning of CD holding everything together is hogwash!

Like. I basically said he same thing in another thread. CD got "yanked for the last 8 so minutes in the previous game...I guess Geno's message didn't sink in with her. As a fifth year senior, if it hasn't sunk in and is happening now, it will never sink in and happen. Play the pups.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Hey. c'mon, it's a physical thing.
This was the most competitive, fearless kid around.
It's really a shame that what we see is all that she can do.
No messages will change that.
Notice I'm not addressing the essence of your post, but I had a hunch that Moriah would start yesterday.

CCinCT

Poster
Reaction Score
Hey. c'mon, it's a physical thing.
This was the most competitive, fearless kid around.
It's really a shame that what we see is all that she can do.
No messages will change that.
Notice I'm not addressing the essence of your post, but I had a hunch that Moriah would start yesterday.

After Doty shot them out of a great start (3 clankers from 3 point range) I'm surprised Geno kept her in as long as he did .

huskybill

RIP, huskybill
Reaction Score
After Doty shot them out of a great start (3 clankers from 3 point range) I'm surprised Geno kept her in as long as he did .
Caroline has now played 58 minutes against Baylor in 3 games, scored 0 points on 0-10 shooting with 4 rebounds, 6 assists and 3 turnovers.

Reaction Score
Although Caroline Doty is physically limited and often exposed in contests like last night's, giving the reins to a freshman point guard on a team with national championship aspirations is much more problematic than staying with Doty. Good point guards do not have to score. The better ones, though, are a threat to score. Doty camped out on the three point line still has to be accounted for. Although her contribution was minimal, I do not feel that her performance hurt us last night.

Reaction Score
Caroline has now played 58 minutes against Baylor in 3 games, scored 0 points on 0-10 shooting with 4 rebounds, 6 assists and 3 turnovers.
I also think she's 0 for Notre Dame the last 2 years. She doesn't step up against tough competition.

Reaction Score
Those who can, at least try to succeed. Those who can't, comment anonymously.

Geno will figure it out and needs no help from anyone on the Boneyard to do it. If CD is in the game if and when we play Baylor again, he has a reason for doing it.

Reaction Score
Short memories, this kid has earned some minutes on this team....Pull back on the reins............Could not agree with you more! These are kids playing and trying to win every game, and anyone who thinks they are not should find another blog to bitch about. You don't think these kids are trying for every steal, every blocked shot, every dive for a loose ball, every basket made all the time, 100% of the time, then you need to write about something else. These young ladies are put through hell in practice, get excellent grades in school, never whine, love each other dearly, and all you people who do whine and complain have never, ever, experienced this in their entire lives!!! A lot of people say negative things after a loss about so and so, she's no good, she needs to do this and that, she's over rated, she's not the same player she was, she has to sit and let someone else play. I think all of you distractors are forgetting that these young women are playing for UCONN. Yes UCONN, the most scrutinized, most famous, best basketball team in the nation, year in and year out. Give them a break and compliment them at every juncture, win or lose.

Reaction Score

MoJeff scored 0

Reaction Score
Excuse me pppggg? :confused:

it's really easy to take shots at people when you don't have to put your real name to the comment isn't it? I wonder how many people would be making some of the comments they make, not just here but everywhere if they had to put there real name with the comment?

Reaction Score
I'm not taking sides here, but certainly CD's performance has opened the door to discuss the issue. If all we're supposed to do is "compliment them at every turn", why participate in a board?

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
I'm not taking sides here, but certainly CD's performance has opened the door to discuss the issue. If all we're supposed to do is "compliment them at every turn", why participate in a board?

It isn't about complementing the players but often the critiques are ignorant of many details concerning what is happening and have little to no insight and understanding to add. It is easy to squawk, it is hard to shed light and understanding.

Geno has outlined the conditions under which he will play Caroline to her and to us and has stated that if he is not getting those things from her then he has no reason to play her. She is the best we have on the court at organizing and balncing the team. She was on the floor against Baylor at the start that bordered on running Baylor off the court until the parade of traveling calls began. She took some WIDE open shots for 3s but didn't make any. They were not bad shots they just had bad results. Kelly and Bria missed wide open 3s, too, it happens. It is unlikely given her stats on the season that MoJeff would have made that shot, also. Geno expects the kids to take a wide open shot when it presents itself. Caroline did. If Caroline had made one of those 3s the tone would be different. If she made two we would have folks asking why did she stop shooting. Geno yanked Caroline for the stupid foul at the top of the defense. It was a stupid play among stupid plays and the whole group minus Stef was yanked.

Later as the game progressed Geno needed different things from the team and Geno changed the line up that will continue to happen.

Reaction Score
The loss of Banks was really felt in the loss to Baylor.

Either Caroline or Mojett will need to score or at least hit a few 3's if we are lucky enough to get another crack at Baylor. Or even Notre Dame for that matter.

Something tells me if we are lucky enough to make the Final Four again (I think we are a final four lock as long as we have no more injuries and Steph and KML both continue to bring their A game) then we will more than likely meet Notre Dame again the semi finals. UUGGHH!!!

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Stef. There is no Steph on the team. These kids deserve to have their names right.

Reaction Score
MoJeff scored 0

MoJeff still looked more comfortable running the team against Baylor's (and RU's for that matter) defense despite not scoring. Caroline is a valuable part of the team, but against the more athletic and physical backcourts, she isn't effective. She needs to start producing if she's getting the wide open shots she is. Moriah will have to do the same.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
It isn't about complementing the players but often the critiques are ignorant of many details concerning what is happening and have little to no insight and understanding to add. It is easy to squawk, it is hard to shed light and understanding.

Geno has outlined the conditions under which he will play Caroline to her and to us and has stated that if he is not getting those things from her then he has no reason to play her. She is the best we have on the court at organizing and balncing the team. She was on the floor against Baylor at the start that bordered on running Baylor off the court until the parade of traveling calls began. She took some WIDE open shots for 3s but didn't make any. They were not bad shots they just had bad results. Kelly and Bria missed wide open 3s, too, it happens. It is unlikely given her stats on the season that MoJeff would have made that shot, also. Geno expects the kids to take a wide open shot when it presents itself. Caroline did. If Caroline had made one of those 3s the tone would be different. If she made two we would have folks asking why did she stop shooting. Geno yanked Caroline for the stupid foul at the top of the defense. It was a stupid play among stupid plays and the whole group minus Stef was yanked.

Later as the game progressed Geno needed different things from the team and Geno changed the line up that will continue to happen.

+1

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
it's really easy to take shots at people when you don't have to put your real name to the comment isn't it? I wonder how many people would be making some of the comments they make, not just here but everywhere if they had to put there real name with the comment?
Yea, I got that part. But might you have missed the irony? Unless of course your name actually is pppggg? (How would one pronounce that anyway?? Would one of the p's or g's silent?? That would help, a little.)

And it goes "Those that can, play; those that can't play, coach; those that can't coach, become announcers. (and those that can't announce, become sideline reporters)" ;)

Reaction Score

You make a great argument, and what I appreciate even more is that you make substantive points instead of criticizing other posters for daring to say something negative. I agree with everything you say here, but also note that Caroline has the lowest FG percentage on the team for the season. If I remember right, Geno said the two things she has to do in order to play is make good decisions/organize the team and hit open shots. Overall, I 'd say she's doing pretty well on the first and not so well on the second, which is why I'm undecided on the issue.

Reaction Score
I take a break from vacation....course is slow....and i have to read this crap.

Don't worry. She will graduate soon enough and you can find someone else to trash.
"Caroline Doty came to the bench (Monday) and said, 'Man, I'm a tonight,'" Auriemma said. "I said, 'You're a a lot of nights. Tonight just happened to be a real important night.' She knows that if she's not doing what she needs to be doing, running the offense and knocking down open shots, there's no point in her being on the floor."

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Caroline is a kid who's worked really, really hard to be able to play at all. She's great at fostering team chemistry off the court, being an example of toughness and work ethic, and helping set up the offense in a way that doesn't always reflect in assist totals. Everyone loves Caroline.

The issue is that she simply doesn't have the physical capabilities to compete with elite guards anymore, nor does she consistently hit open shots in big games. In a six point game, we need her to hit a couple of open shots. She knows this, Geno knows this, and everyone should know this.

I don't think Uconn can beat a team the caliber of Baylor if that's the production we get out of the PG position. For the record, I don't think Uconn can do so with a freshman PG either, or with Bria playing point and having an additional frontcourt player in the rotation. This team is just a player away and/or a year away. If there wasn't a super dominant team in the field, this Uconn team could win a national championship, but it would be a significant upset if Uconn can do it against Baylor without getting more out of its PG.

And I'm happy to provide my real name. What difference would that make?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom