Carlton | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Carlton

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
The math also says we had the 19th best offense in the country making Sanogo the focal point. If he's holding the offense back then man we must have some incredible offensive talent elsewhere to offset that.
Also the math says our best offenses were out with Sanogo, yes or no?

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
the 19th offense got us to? See your problem is you think Im trying to blame this seasons under achieving on sanogo. Im not, Hes just one of the problems.

I don't think you're blaming the whole season on Sanogo (although your first sentence certainly seems to imply something along those lines). I'm arguing your point that you think we would be better if Sanogo was less of a focal point this past season. I don't agree. I think teams would have packed the paint less, our shooters would have had less space to make 3s and would have had no choice but to try to drive the ball, which was far and away our offense's biggest weakness this year. If you think 50% is inefficient, just imagine what we shot this year on contested layups.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score

Are they? I don't subscribe to KenPom and don't know where you would find that info so if you want to post the numbers by all means.

Reaction Score
Yes . This years numbers proved it. Next years numbers I don’t expect it to.
I disagree, but I guess it's a fair debate. If he is going to be playing alongside 2 guys who don't need to be guarded outside the paint we are never going to find out how efficient he is capable of being. If they can surround him with capable shooting and he is still this inefficient then I will agree with you that trying to build an offense around him is probably a lost cause.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
Are they? I don't subscribe to KenPom and don't know where you would find that info so if you want to post the numbers by all means.

the one thing you DONT want to do is defend Adama by numbers. But you can be your own google monkey. Me? I just think he will be elite next year

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
the one thing you DONT want to do is defend Adama by numbers. But you can be your own google monkey. Me? I just think he will be elite next year

Ok fine, then I will say no the math doesn't say that our best lineups were without Adama.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
I disagree, but I guess it's a fair debate. If he is going to be playing alongside 2 guys who don't need to be guarded outside the paint we are never going to find out how efficient he is capable of being. If they can surround him with capable shooting and he is still this inefficient then I will agree with you that trying to build an offense around him is probably a lost cause.

Totally agree.

Reaction Score
Article from the New Haven Register.

“I wasn’t surprised at all,” Whaley said of Carlton’s success. “I actually knew he was going to have a good year for Houston. Josh fits Houston’s system really, really well, because he’s a strong, strong player and gets offensive rebounds, and that’s always been their M.O. I knew he was gonna succeed there, because he’s always been a hard-worker, he’s always been very coachable.”

It wasn’t always an easy process.

“I think he actually really wanted to come back (to UConn),” Whaley noted, “but it wouldn’t have benefitted him as well for him to come back. It really worked out well for both parties.”

Isaiah Whaley knew ex-UConn men’s basketball teammate Josh Carlton would succeed at Houston
Kinda confirms thoughts - his strengths weren't being used at UConn. Again, will be interesting how Clingan is used.

Reaction Score
No, it doesn't say that. We had 7 lineups with over 50 possessions this season (the default EvanMiya sample size), the 2nd and 3rd most effective offensive lineups included him

Screenshot_2022-03-28_143222.jpg

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
It's in the screenshot in my post, can you not see it? Genuinely asking because it's not the first time that's happened recently with a picture I posted
I saw. So did you. Your screenshot works.

Reaction Score
I saw. So did you. Your screenshot works.
So then you see that while our top lineup was without Sanogo that it was not all of our best offensive lineups. And that the difference is really having one big on the floor, not taking Sanogo off

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
So then you see that while our top lineup was without Sanogo that it was not all of our best offensive lineups. And that the difference is really having one big on the floor, not taking Sanogo off
Yup . Which I was screaming all year about Whaley and Sanogo playing together. That’s a big disparity

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
So my thing is I agree. Kind of. But you can surround him with a bunch of curry’s and he doesn’t kick it. Just kick it and repost! That’s more important in my mind than shooters. But maybe that’s just me.

Reaction Score
So my thing is I agree. Kind of. But you can surround him with a bunch of curry’s and he doesn’t kick it. Just kick it and repost! That’s more important in my mind than shooters. But maybe that’s just me.
I agree - if he doesn't kick it, doesn't matter if we have shooters.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
He's a key piece on an elite college team. Stop trying to diminish him. It only makes you look silly.

He's the same guy who played here, just with better guards and more minutes. Stop trying to pretend we lost a season changing player.

Reaction Score
Definitely has to get better at that too. He needs learn to read the help D and make a quick move if its there or if not kick back out and repost like you said. If he just kicks out when he is too far from the basket instead of settling for those deep hooks his field goal percentage should go way up.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jamie Taco

Top Bottom