Carlton | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Carlton

Reaction Score
He looks like he's wearing lead shoes.
Does he take the summer's off? The same thing happened last year. He looks slow and everyone knows once he gets his hands on the ball he isn't passing. I think I've seen him make a diagonal pass once in 2+ years.

He and Vital killed the team tonight.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
Shows flashes of a quality big man... but typically plays with extremely weighted down legs and slow motion
With Josh it is good with the bad. He was about 8 feet from the hoop. Ball gets kicked down to him. Tries a spin move. So he decides to walk, seriously I mean walk to the basket. I have never seen this before in a seasoned player. You see this when you are teaching basketball to 5 year old. Dribble to the basket. Don't walk.

Reaction Score
He’s soft asf!! His footwork is horri-ful and he’s slower than molasses. His basketball IQ is somewhere in the single digits as well

Reaction Score
Not sure if he is capable, but certainly when he is on a mission to go to the hoop its a one way street. There has to be an occasional kick out available when he's mobbed by 3......haven't seen one yet. His travel rate on entry must be 50% and he gets away with a majority of those.
He is an enormous presence and just seems to be a few tweaks away from being the beast.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Carlton had 10 points and 8 board against a very good front court of a Top 20 team. Also, Xavier's 3 inside players, Jones, Carter and Freemantle, shot only 9 for 28 from the field. Carlton had something to do with that too.

pj

Reaction Score
Carlton had 10 points and 8 board against a very good front court of a Top 20 team. Also, Xavier's 3 inside players, Jones, Carter and Freemantle, shot only 9 for 28 from the field. Carlton had something to do with that too.

He did have 5 fouls and 5 turnovers and 33% shooting from an average distance of 2 feet, but, yeah, think where we'd be if we didn't have Carlton.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
This might be premature as I am rage posting this right after he got blocked when no one was within five feet of him...but he puts my emotions on a damn roller coaster. Please for the love of god just dunk the ball.

He had a mostly bad night and Hurley kept them going to him. I don’t understand it. They knew exactly how to handle him. 6’10” 260 guys shouldn’t be trying cute layups.

Reaction Score
If there had been a other quality big in the program the last few years, I think carlton would be better. Look at a guy like Hilton Armonstrong. I think it greatly benefited him to go up against the likes of Boone and Okafor everyday in practice. Carlton goes up against Whaley and last year Cobb.

Watched Georgetown last night, that is going to be an exciting rivalry. They are going to be food for a while. Wahab looks good

Reaction Score
You know how 5'8 out of shape dudes think they would be great at basketball if they were 7 feet tall? They'd be Josh Carlton.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I have not given up on Carlton.
I want him to go up stronger, DUNK, and improve free throws.
He's improved elsewhere.
No guarantees.

Just as importantly, perhaps more so, stop dribbling. Don't dribble ever. Don't do it.

Camp in the restricted area and do what you do.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Just as importantly, perhaps more so, stop dribbling. Don't dribble ever. Don't do it.

Yeah, so obvious, I missed that.

He's been notably above the norm since he arrived at not reflexively putting it on the floor once before going up, that I forget that dribble moves are his version. I give him some room here, hoping it's an expansion of his skill set, because he has 'grown' into this.

I may not be as 100% as you, but if you pushed back and asked, "Don't you see that's where he gets in trouble?," I'd have to acknowledge it.

This might be like AG driving into tall trees. If it's a coaching decision to see if he can get to the other side, I'll go along until league play. If it ripens into standard operating procedure, it will sadden and then infuriate me like Oriakhi's final semester when his moves seemed completely unrelated to knowledge of where the basket was.

Reaction Score
If you look at his 2nd half only, he does more good, than bad. He does look like he’s moving really slowly. But we’re better with him than without...
But first half Josh is like he’s on Ativan. A lot of Ativan. Second half Josh is like someone injected adrenaline into his buttocks...

Reaction Score
Carlton was never a great athlete but he seems slower this year than last. Sometimes the extra weight is counterproductive.
But:
He still got 10-8 playing against a top flight frontline . He has been seeing double teams all year. Opposing coaches love to double weak players. So once again the hyperbole of the board should be taken into account.

ElmCity40th

F…y’all talkin bout?
Reaction Score
Carlton is turning into the classic “ black hole” center. Tries to make a move regardless of position which he to slow an unathletic to do. Next step is to learn to pass the ball back out and reestablish post position. Tbh he travels damn near every move whether called or not.

Reaction Score
I have no idea what game you guys are watching. Yes he started slow because the first half he was being taken out of the game by Xavier's defense. Second half Hurley integrated him and got him to his usual game and was unfortunately fouled out in the process. If he wasn't fouled out we win that game.

Reaction Score

This is a good, simple thing to tell Josh.

If you receive the ball one dribble or further from the basket, your first look should be to move the ball

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom