Carlton | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Carlton

Reaction Score
He should be drawing double team and looking to pass everytime.

Reaction Score
With Josh it is good with the bad. He was about 8 feet from the hoop. Ball gets kicked down to him. Tries a spin move. So he decides to walk, seriously I mean walk to the basket. I have never seen this before in a seasoned player. You see this when you are teaching basketball to 5 year old. Dribble to the basket. Don't walk.

I don't believe he walked on that one bad call. he never caught it, never had possession it was rolling around on his arm and hands. I watched it again it wasn't a travel just so you know. He' still too slow developing his moves needs to speed it up a little.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
This is a good, simple thing to tell Josh.

If you receive the ball one dribble or further from the basket, your first look should be to move the ball

Yeah, it's easily correctable so I'm hoping it gets done. Maybe when Kenya gets back...

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
If you look at his 2nd half only, he does more good, than bad. He does look like he’s moving really slowly. But we’re better with him than without...
But first half Josh is like he’s on Ativan. A lot of Ativan. Second half Josh is like someone injected adrenaline into his buttocks...
LOL. This entire thread is over the top. I hope he doesn't read the BY or has a very thick skin. We can hope for a miracle can't we? Right now he seems caught between fear of making a dumb play or being overly aggressive and then overthinks into hesitation. This thread could lead him into therapy. He can be a serviceable center for this year and the next; just keep making steady progress. Xavier had some pretty decent front court players too.

Reaction Score
LOL. This entire thread is over the top. I hope he doesn't read the BY or has a very thick skin. We can hope for a miracle can't we? Right now he seems caught between fear of making a dumb play or being overly aggressive and then overthinks into hesitation. This thread could lead him into therapy. He can be a serviceable center for this year and the next; just keep making steady progress. Xavier had some pretty decent front court players too.
It is. I don’t think he’s a total disaster. I think he has some skills. But he doesn’t get going until the second half. It’s sorta weird. Although the whole team doesn’t seem to get going till the second half... he just seems to be really sluggish in the first half.

Reaction Score
Carlton is a pretty solid player. He's not crazy athletic or quick, but not embarrassingly horrible either.

I wonder how many minutes he'd get on some of our teams of the past? Would he get minutes on teams with the following combinations of centers?

- T Knight and Eric Hayward
- Jake V, Edmund Saunders, Soul Wane
- Johnny Selvie, Mike Hayes, Okafor
- Okafor, Charlie V, Boone
- Charlie V, Boone, Transfree From Georgia Tech (Forget name)
- Thabeet, Adrien, Okwandu
- Oriakhi, Okwandu
- Olander, Brimah
- Brimah, Enoch

I honestly started writing the above list with the thought he'd find minutes on some of our past teams. Maybe not as a starter, but he would get minutes. After reviewing my list (which i didn't put much thought into) I'm struggling to find lots of minutes. I'm also not sure he would of been recruited. He also would be a bit stronger physically. Move laterally a bit better. Or he simply wouldn't play.

With that said, he may get some minutes in the T Knight, Eric Hayward era (i stress may). And Im pretty confident he'd get some minutes in the Brimah, Enoch era.

He may not move well enough to get minutes on many of the other teams. Even though he's got better footwork and offensive skills than some of the guys on the above list.

Reaction Score
Brimah/Enoch yeah but Knight and Haward? Maybe but I think they were a nice tandem starter/back up actually. Similar to Hayward I guess but about 3-4 inches taller so possibly. Eric was a load though too.

Reaction Score
Brimah/Enoch yeah but Knight and Haward? Maybe but I think they were a nice tandem starter/back up actually. Similar to Hayward I guess but about 3-4 inches taller so possibly. Eric was a load though too.
Hayward stunk.

Reaction Score
Talked to a xavier fan after the game who thought he was the best player on the floor for either team tonight. Just some perspective.
Perspective? From some random fan who was probably drunk and sounds like they don't know their from their elbow? lol! All kidding aside Carlton was pretty bad last night.

Reaction Score
Talked to a xavier fan after the game who thought he was the best player on the floor for either team tonight. Just some perspective.
Perspective? We all watched the game, Bouknight was a million times better than him.

Reaction Score
This is the deal. He has to be out there because who else we got with that size? Right. I think he went 10/8 boards last night. One question though, how come no one showed him a pump fake? He does it rarely. He should be working on double and triple fakes. you don’t need to jump to score at that size.

Reaction Score
I like Josh. He's a solid big. He's improved over his career. His rebounding is better than it's been in the past. The team in general appears to be rebounding better than it has in a while. Probably the best it's rebounded since Shon Miller left.

Unfortunately, Carlton is not as athletic as some of our bigs from the past. It is what it is. We are not signing that type of big at the moment. Josh has just under half his career left and he's consistently getting better. Considering how players progressed/improved in the KO era, I'm pretty happy.

Reaction Score
Josh needs to improve his left hand especially his shooting with is left hand.

Reaction Score
No he didn’t he played some excellent minutes. Not sure what you watched he certainly wasn’t a starter but a fine back up for Travis. Undersized and tough. Everyone has an opinion.
What do you mean not sure what I watched? I watched him and didn't think he was anything more than a wide body who could get a few rebounds. Carlton is clearly better than him.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom