Carlos Daniel's first tweet | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Carlos Daniel's first tweet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
You know what, I've used that analysis in some replies thus far, in other words I haven't replied thinking of Db2u.

Going to do my best, difficult for me, but I seriously will try.
I think yours was fine. Mine was going to take yours a few steps farther.

Reaction Score
I think yours was fine. Mine was going to take yours a few steps farther.

Honestly believe he would have laughed at the humor your "steps further" would've taken, so type away. I'm thinking more along the lines of the constant bickering amongst ourselves on what would seem trivial after the sadness of losing Db2u. Obviously I'm at fault as much as anyone and live up to that. Would love to at least "cut it down, I know I can't completely, it's just me. LOL

borninansonia

Neandertal
Reaction Score
Kevin McHale said that forwards should spend less time in the weight room, and more time working on their moves.
It takes a lot of practice to develop good moves. Kevin was the best.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Except for the "get exponentially stronger" part, just from personal experience I know I can easily put on 5-7 pounds in two weeks or less.
Heck @August_West can do it in a single A**ys trip.

Reaction Score
5-6 months is 100% enough time to put on atleast 5-7 lbs and get exponentially stronger , just from personal experience. Really hope to see a change in larriers physique, because those massive knee injuries aren't just due to "bad luck" , mostly they have to do with not doing the right functional strength lifts/movements in the gym.

I would agree with you if these were regular people or even regular athletes. It's like they're starting from 0 to little exercise. These guys have been in strength programs for years already. What Carlos will be changing is minor in the grand scheme of things, but hopefully will pay dividends by the time the season comes around.

Reaction Score
Kevin McHale said that forwards should spend less time in the weight room, and more time working on their moves.
It takes a lot of practice to develop good moves. Kevin was the best.

Now that's a "big mans coach" huh? Yeah he was long and tremendous footwork propelled him to a masterful game around the basket. While I agree with him there is a new athlete and only the strong survive, unless your KD of course. LOL

Work on the moves like Kevin and the gym with Carlos, winner!

Reaction Score
Now that's a "big mans coach" huh? Yeah he was long and tremendous footwork propelled him to a masterful game around the basket. While I agree with him there is a new athlete and only the strong survive, unless your KD of course. LOL

Work on the moves like Kevin and the gym with Carlos, winner!
Kevin McHale came out of Minnesota as a "back to the basket" PF. He developed into a face up player in the Professional ranks. He was among the best in the business 2 years in the pros. Can't say is was b/c of weight training (agree we need help) it was desire, positioning, length, and balance.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
I would agree with you if these were regular people or even regular athletes. It's like they're starting from 0 to little exercise. These guys have been in strength programs for years already. What Carlos will be changing is minor in the grand scheme of things, but hopefully will pay dividends by the time the season comes around.

For an incoming freshman? I doubt that. People take for granted how much natural ability gets many of these players into D1...

Reaction Score
For an incoming freshman? I doubt that. People take for granted how much natural ability gets many of these players into D1...

Youre not wrong. I was thinking more along the lines of cobb/Carlton. I'm SURE Carlton had a strength program at dematja.

I see a kid like jalen as some one who got by on that natural ability. He's just such a smooth smooth athlete. I hope after getting gassed late in games, he realized he's gotta put in that work

Reaction Score
For gains, I agree. I am confident that for elite athletes, it'll require a full off-season and season on diet and lifting programs. We could see some results, I'm just not expecting miracles or transformations just yet.
Atleast a step in the right direction is what I'm hoping for, especially from the younger guys like diarra and polley. Diet is ofcourse key but difficult for a college student I'm guessing, having to find 3000+ calories a day.

Reaction Score
Atleast a step in the right direction is what I'm hoping for, especially from the younger guys like diarra and polley. Diet is ofcourse key but difficult for a college student I'm guessing, having to find 3000+ calories a day.

Agreed. It also helps that we seem to be recruiting beefier, more coordinated guys rather than the high ceiling athletes with few skills. Those 6'8-9 loads in the post give fits in college ball to all but the top top athletes

C

Chief00

Kevin McHale came out of Minnesota as a "back to the basket" PF. He developed into a face up player in the Professional ranks. He was among the best in the business 2 years in the pros. Can't say is was b/c of weight training (agree we need help) it was desire, positioning, length, and balance.

Not everyone is going to develop Kevin's offensive skills despite practice. In my opinion, Kevin and Akeem were the best every at reading their defender and pivoting off of the defender's strength to an easier post shot. Kevin had those long arms and soft touch and Akeem just had the quick explosive moves. Some was due to what they practice but it was practice on top of rare God given gifts.
So my message to the casual fan - my advice to the average college player is all of the above - cuz the average player won't have those God given gift to an extreme degree.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Except for the "get exponentially stronger" part, just from personal experience I know I can easily put on 5-7 pounds in two weeks or less.

See, e.g., pizza thread, burger thread, beer thread.

Reaction Score
Don't think the guys coming in have been on any sort of major strength program for years, have you seen pictures of them? Larrier is just a really skinny guy, I wouldn't expect him to put on much weight or muscle. Hopefully he can strengthen the areas around his joints.

Reaction Score
Don't think the guys coming in have been on any sort of major strength program for years, have you seen pictures of them? Larrier is just a really skinny guy, I wouldn't expect him to put on much weight or muscle. Hopefully he can strengthen the areas around his joints.

Yeah agree but wiry strength is still good, that's all he will get at this point. Whaley has time but putting in the work now and making it a "habit" is a great start.

Reaction Score

You don't think Larrier was on a major strength program during his year at VCU and red shirt year at uconn? That's years right there.

And the private high schools these guys go to (no idea where Larrier went) have excellent strength programs. Whether the kids follow diet and exercise directions is a different story.

C

Chief00

You don't think Larrier was on a major strength program during his year at VCU and red shirt year at UConn? That's years right there.

And the private high schools these guys go to (no idea where Larrier went) have excellent strength programs. Whether the kids follow diet and exercise directions is a different story.

Quite frankly, Travis did not strengthen Larrier's muscles around the knees enough to save him from the knee injury. It was unfortunately, a wasted two years. No sugar coating it.
I am not blaming Travis for the injury but he did not have a good preventative plan in place.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wilson