Carlos Daniel hired as Director of MBB Strength & Conditioning | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Carlos Daniel hired as Director of MBB Strength & Conditioning

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Carlos Danger?

carlos+danger.png

Weiner not even that strong!

C

Chief00

Will this now silence @Chief00 ?

Quite frankly, being an advocate for necessary change isn't something I shy away from. Change can be disrupting short term and in this case more so than necessary. There should have been a better plan in place to handle Miller's exit - it was done far too casually with too much collateral damage. There was far more damage done to UConn during Glen Miller's "quiet grace period" (after being told/before being announced) than progress toward Glen getting a job - which was the purpose of it. For all Ollie's faults this season the thing that really screwed things up was giving that grace period without more formal restrictions and requirements to guarantee a smooth transition and no damage from within.

I have not Confirmed this but one source tells me Glen was even offered another job at UConn - which he turned down.

The people personally defending Miller on the other board and attacking KO or either ill informed or have a strange way of looking at things. I do think KO needs an organized and experienced business person to better orchestrate these types of changes in the basketball office. But, he has made two good hires. I already hear at least one school is negatively recruiting about Coach Chil due to his ridiculous secondary recruiting violations.
I would love to see Larry Brown in some kind of advisor role for X's and O's and game adjustments and strategy. He would be a great addition!

Chief enthusiastically supports the new S&C coach.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Quite frankly, being an advocate for necessary change isn't something I shy away from. Change can be disrupting short term and in this case more so than necessary. There should have been a better plan in place to handle Miller's exit - it was done far too casually with too much collateral damage. There was far more damage done to UConn during Glen Miller's "quiet grace period" (after being told/before being announced) than progress toward Glen getting a job - which was the purpose of it. For all Ollie's faults this season the thing that really screwed things up was giving that grace period without more formal restrictions and requirements to guarantee a smooth transition and no damage from within.

I have not Confirmed this but one source tells me Glen was even offered another job at UConn - which he turned down.

The people personally defending Miller on the other board and attacking KO or either ill informed or have a strange way of looking at things. I do think KO needs an organized and experienced business person to better orchestrate these types of changes in the basketball office. But, he has made two good hires. I already hear at least one school is negatively recruiting about Coach Chil due to his ridiculous secondary recruiting violations.
I would love to see Larry Brown in some kind of advisor role for X's and O's and game adjustments and strategy. He would be a great addition!

It's settled, then.

THE TYRANNY OF THE GYMNASTICS ERA IS OVER

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score

I am constantly duped everyday on here to think that Chief could actually be someone connected to the program.

Reaction Score
I am constantly duped everyday on here to think that Chief could actually be someone connected to the program.

I suggest having a "panic" button app. Well even design it for you. It can bring you right to the page of the "dre incident."

Reaction Score
One of the most puzzling things to me the past two years is UConn's continued ability to hire P5 talent. It almost doesn't make sense.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
One of the most puzzling things to me the past two years is UConn's continued ability to hire P5 talent. It almost doesn't make sense.
Right, like how in did we get Rhett Lashlee to come here and do the same job for less money?

Reaction Score
On a weakly related note, does anyone know where I can find information comparing undergraduate programs in exercise science/physiology?

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Question: Would he be a basketball only S & C coach or other sports as well?

Reaction Score
Question: Would he be a basketball only S & C coach or other sports as well?

His title is Director of Men’s Basketball Strength and Conditioning and the job description describes his duties and responsibilities as the "development and administration of the strength/conditioning program for the UConn men’s basketball team..."

My bet is he will play nice in the sandbox w/ other team S&C counterparts when/where appropriate but his primary responsible is MBB.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
I would love to see Larry Brown in some kind of advisor role for X's and O's and game adjustments and strategy.

I'd be happy with post-game notes from him like the ones George Blaney forwards to Ed Cooley.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom