Carl -stop being a | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Carl -stop being a

Status
Not open for further replies.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I, for one, am pumped up for the 1,648 word Carl diatribe tomorrow about how criticizing players is wrong and how everyone else needs to get with the program.

Reactions: THC
Reaction Score
Not where I hang out before games. I've been a coach in sports for many years at every level you can imagine. I have been involved with sports as a player, coaching, administration, evaluation, for my entire life. Parents, by far, are the worst part of athletics. I'm sorry if your feelings are hurt by the things I've written, if you are who you say you are. I really am, but I think maybe you need to realize that opinions are just opinions and everyone's got one. It's a cultural thing that players shoudlb e off limits for criticism here, and clearly, people are uncomfortable with this kind of criticism. Maybe, just maybe, I've lit a fire bright enough somewhere, that we'll actually play hard enough, long enough and disciplined enough to win a game.

So - thanks for the offer - but no thanks, you think I'm dumb enough to walk into an ambush?

Facepalm_227785.jpg

Nothing like the classic internet message board "truth teller"

Someday we'll all be as edgy as you. Someday...

Reaction Score
Maybe we should round up all of the people that have bashed Lyle on the board. Wonder what the intersection is between that group and the group currently chastising Carl.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
[quote="Carl Spackler, post: 734442, member: 1038"So - thanks for the offer - but no thanks, you think I'm dumb enough to walk into an ambush?[/quote]

Stop sharpening the bratwursts, boys, he's on to us.

Reaction Score
I got in before they locked this thread, it's a real dumpster fire. I haven't seen a boneyarder called out since Huskyfandan was around. Am I even allowed to say that name on this board?

I'm giving this thread an hour.

Reaction Score
I kinda wish all this vagueness would stop and someone would just fill the rest of us in on what the hell happened so we can come to our own conclusions. Otherwise, what's the freaking point of starting a thread.

Reaction Score
[q79, post: 734643, member: 1651"]I kinda wish all this vagueness would stop and someone would just fill the rest of us in on what the hell happened so we can come to our own conclusions. Otherwise, what's the freaking point of starting a thread.[/quote]

I disagree. I like chaos, especially on this board, every thread ends up going on some tangent and ends up in some black hole. It's beautiful, like artillary in the evening.

Reaction Score
I kinda wish all this vagueness would stop and someone would just fill the rest of us in on what the hell happened so we can come to our own conclusions. Otherwise, what's the freaking point of starting a thread.

He was a , what else do you need to know? He was maniacal in his criticism of a player and then douched his dad. When the players dad offered an olive branch, he douched him again. It's a clear cut case of douchery.

Reaction Score
He was a , what else do you need to know? He was maniacal in his criticism of a player and then douched his dad. When the players dad offered an olive branch, he douched him again. It's a clear cut case of douchery.
gery...

Reaction Score
Maybe we should round up all of the people that have bashed Lyle on the board. Wonder what the intersection is between that group and the group currently chastising Carl.

He's not being ripped for bashing McCombs. He's being ripped for the way he knowingly interacted with a parent.

Plus, some people have an odd sense of what is considered bashing players here.

Reaction Score
[q79, post: 734643, member: 1651"]I kinda wish all this vagueness would stop and someone would just fill the rest of us in on what the hell happened so we can come to our own conclusions. Otherwise, what's the freaking point of starting a thread.

I disagree. I like chaos, especially on this board, every thread ends up going on some tangent and ends up in some black hole. It's beautiful, like artillary in the evening.[/quote]

or the smell of napalm in the morning. I saw the play that started all this on ESPN3 replay as I had to miss the game. We're losing 7 zip and after a nice play I just had to shake my head. Let's let Kevin Ollie sum it up "Greatness Begins when Selfishness Ends". We need a coach that puts an end to that stuff. If it was the game winning play I could see it, but it was 7 zip in an at the time 0 and 6 season. To borrow from Bo, It's about the Team!

Reaction Score
He's not being ripped for bashing McCombs. He's being ripped for the way he knowingly interacted with a parent.

Plus, some people have an odd sense of what is considered bashing players here.

That isn't entirely clear by reading the posts. I did see the initial thread so I'm sure some are piling on for that interaction. Some are just piling on.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Eh. Not a surprise given the way Carl felt the need to get on a soapbox and lecture Lagow's dad on signing day. Seems to be a pattern.

Reaction Score
once you're labled, it's hard to shed from it, once a , always a . Good luck with that

Reaction Score
Do a post search on Carl Spackler and go to the thread that's titled "Well, it's a full fledged disaster..."

That thread led to another thread that was deleted afterwards, in which Lyle Sr. confronted Carl and Carl went back at him.

I imagine we keep losing at it will just keep getting worse around here.

Reaction Score
That isn't entirely clear by reading the posts. I did see the initial thread so I'm sure some are piling on for that interaction. Some are just piling on.

I agree with the piling on. I actually like Spackler. I also love giving him a hard because he earns it.

Reaction Score
Carl is like will farrells kids in talledega mights walker and texas ranger yelling at grandpa. We. Aint raising no ou55ys. I am glad they talk to you like that!

Reaction Score
I agree with the piling on. I actually like Spackler. I also love giving him a hard because he earns it.

There have been at least 20 posters here that have been all over Lyle for lack of breakaway speed and being too easy to tackle. Clearly Carl's rant went further than that, but a) he pointed out that he was using Lyle's "antics" as an example and b) he wasn't personally insulting Lyle, just pointing out what Carl (and others) to be inappropriate behavior on the field (given our situation). Lyle Sr. has the absolute right to take a jab at Carl...and the last thing we need to see is posters getting into it with family members of the players...but I'm trying to figure out what possible reaction anyone would have expected given the situation. Doesn't seem realistic that Carl should (or would have) have retracted everything he said. Carl was polite. Far more polite than much of the other discourse that goes around here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom