Cardoso to transfer[merged thread] | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Cardoso to transfer[merged thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I think if Cardoso signs on this team will get boring fast, and women's college basketball.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
A lot depends on what Cardoso wants and how hard is she willing to work.

She will not get minutes handed to her because she is 6' 7". She will have to earn her time just like every body else. If not, she would be better off going to Auburn.

Geno is a smart one. He knows oh so much more than we fans.

Reaction Score
I think if Cardoso signs on this team will get boring fast, and women's college basketball.
Let's just wait and see who shows up for summer practice in five weeks before we declare ourselves national champions. It appears this portal thing and free transfer rule has put everything in flux where you can't even predict what you have for the upcoming season.

Reaction Score
Let's just wait and see who shows up for summer practice in five weeks before we declare ourselves national champions. It appears this portal thing and free transfer rule has put everything in flux where you can't even predict what you have for the upcoming season.

That's true.

Reaction Score
I don't think she would start. Liv and Aaliyah handled her easily in the tourney. She needs to come in and get some instruction and conditioning before even thinking about her starting. She has great possibility though...
Aaliyah Edwards will be a starter for this team the rest of her UCONN career

Reaction Score
The reincarnation of Kara Wolters.... lol. What a possible throw back.
She had a play this year where she was defending out at the 3 point line, blocked the shot, caught the ball passed to Tiana, sprinted down the floor, caught the pass for a layup. That is a Stewie type play, and none of the current bigs will do that.
She brings another aspect to UConn's defense.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Man..either way... if Cardoso goes elsewhere and Mulkey stays at Baylor.. or if Cardoso heads to UConn and Mulkey goes to LSU...... whew boy... it's gonna be interesting around WCBB message boards the next few days. A few of yall are welcome to join me on the sidelines as I watch the proceedings go down.

rv.gif

Reaction Score
Well it is probably safe to say that she is being recruited by other top teams. Looks like a Baylor type, maybe not in demeanor though, not really great fits for Stanford or South Carolina, but would make them a lot scarier.

Reaction Score
She went 5-9, with 12 points, 1 block, 1 steal and 7 rebounds (4 offensive) in 23 minutes.
Liv played a little better with 7-11, 17 points, 8 rebounds, 1 steal, 1 block in 31 minutes.
To me those are pretty comparable numbers, Liv even played more than her and was surrounded by much more talent. Also those are numbers she’s putting up as a freshman...So I don’t know if that’s considered handled.
Cardoso is effective because of her size, there aren't many in the women's game that can match that. Other than her being a big girl I wasn't that impressed in that game. Would she be a better player under Geno? I would expect that.. However, UConn will be the favorite to win a NC with or without her, the redeeming aspect for me if this happens would be the UConn haters collectively throwing themselves out of windows!!

I'm more intrigued by what could be going on with Hillsman and that program? this would be a devastating blow.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
She had a play this year where she was defending out at the 3 point line, blocked the shot, caught the ball passed to Tiana, sprinted down the floor, caught the pass for a layup. That is a Stewie type play, and none of the current bigs will do that.
She brings another aspect to UConn's defense.
Aaliyah flew through the air to block a 3pt shot, caught the ball and went the length of the court for a made layup. I believe it was against Marquette but really am guessing, so...

Reaction Score
Can you imagine...? 3 years of Cardosa? Mind boggling
Mtv Nyc GIF by Paramount+
No Thanks, didn’t like her reaction to getting her arse kicked by Liv and us. Every time she made a mistake, she laughed it off and I was thinking during that game, what is so funny about getting blown out and making mistakes. I was thinking how she seemed to accept losing like that. Obviously I have no idea, but her reactions to the situation didn’t sit well with me, I’ll pass. We’re good!

Reaction Score
I think she choose UConn for the fact they was involved with her before she chose Syracuse.3 years with Azzi and Pagie is a defiantly high chance of winning a NC and get exposure. And Liv is fine she’ll leave for the WNBA as long with CW & EW. AE Cardoso Nika/Caroline Ducharme Pagie and Azzi would be my guess year after next.

Reaction Score
My nose smelled this coming long ago. I didn't comment on it, but I'm now patting myself on the back. Kamilla Cardosa, come on down!!!
I do not think that "a sniff" warrants "a pat on the back." perhaps a wry, imperceptible smile.

Reaction Score
No Thanks, didn’t like her reaction to getting her arse kicked by Liv and us. Every time she made a mistake, she laughed it off and I was thinking during that game, what is so funny about getting blown out and making mistakes. I was thinking how she seemed to accept losing like that. Obviously I have no idea, but her reactions to the situation didn’t sit well with me, I’ll pass. We’re good!
It's funny you brought this up because I was put off by her antics as well. I chalked it up to being a freshman. Then I look at UConn's fab freshman and think good job Geno...

Reaction Score
It's funny you brought this up because I was put off by her antics as well. I chalked it up to being a freshman. Then I look at UConn's fab freshman and think good job Geno...
I agree with this, as well. I thought her attitude was not the best once they started losing. I noticed the laughing and odd reactions, too.

Reaction Score
One can after May first, which is the deadline for entering the Portal for the 21-22 season.

Reaction Score
We actually might need her next year to win the National Championship, if all 4 seniors leave and don't use their extra year of eligibility.

Reaction Score
This business makes me feel more than a might uneasy. On reflection ... queasy. Could really shake up the team.
welcome to the brave new world of college basketball........from now on you just won't know who's on your team's roster from season to season........it's lot's of fun when your're adding players and no fun at all when you are loosing them (in most cases)..........I'm not even sure if there's a cut off date or can players transfer during the basketball season.......

Reaction Score
You can argue good or bad, but I trust Geno. I can't believe there will be too many more freshman classes left where he will be there for the end of their senior year. He also knows depth is going to be me more of a premium if players are moving left and right. So maybe he thinking of a line from a popular Def Leopard...Better to burn out than fade away.
That’s a Neil Young line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34