1. So what if we've allowed more kick off returns of at least 60 yards than any other team in the country.
2. I know the fans are going to judge us on our record. But it's more than just that. You ask any young man on this team and they'll tell you that. Oh wait...I don't let my players talk to you.
3. So what if Ambrose has a better record than me. I taught him everything I know.
4. How did I know? I thought 'Merry'-land was a euphemism for Happy Valley.
5. I don't know where the fans are. Have you looked in the utility closet.
6. Fear the Turtle! How the heck should I know what that means!
"We're winning in a lot of areas," Edsall said. "We're just not winning on the field right now. But that will happen. I'm confident of that."
With a fan base growing in discontent after a disappointing season, Edsall said the public needs to see that there's more to the program than what happens every Saturday on the field.
"They look at how many you win and how many you lose," Edsall said. "That's the business that we're in and I understand that. But I look at the big picture because when you're installing a program there's more than just wins and losses."
When asked to elaborate on where the team has improved, Edsall stayed quiet.
"I think that's something that stays here within our family in terms of what our program is all about," Edsall said.
Regarding his comparison of UMD to UConn:
"The problem is that there's things that I say that gets taken out of context sometimes," Edsall said. "What I was referring to there was when I went into that situation you had a team that was 10-2, that came off going to the 1-AA playoffs for the first time in school history and expectations were very high with what we were going to do in that next year."