cant believe how the place just emptied out. | Page 4 | The Boneyard

cant believe how the place just emptied out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'm embarrassed to say that I left with about 6 minutes left in the game. I always stay to the end. The wives in our crew went back to the vehicles (ostensibly to get the postgame tailgate ready) at the end of the third quarter. The guys in my crew had enough at the 6 minute mark. We went back & the women had the engines running & said that the tailgate was adjourned to my house in front of the fireplace. One couple in our group left at halftime to watch the 2nd half at Marguerita's. Spoke to a local physician this morning who stayed home & watched the game on television rather than test the elements. It's been a long season & people are tired. The weather was just a good excuse.

Reaction Score
Well, you probably have never had one as valid as mine. And I am certain I have done non recreational activities in worse conditions for longer. Spare me your first world problems.
zoo, i think his trying to rile you up, i.e., trying to by funny. just my guess.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
You're really badmouthing people for not going to games for having the gall to be serving our country out of the area? Reality check time.

Reading comprehesion check time. I didn't badmouth anyone for not going to games, just the opposite. I tweaked someone who doesn't go to games, for badmouthing others that don't go to games. I hate that.

Reaction Score
Got in there right after kickoff. Had to cut short the tail gait to pull that off. But what the heck, UConn had momentum and a shot at a crappy bowl. Home game, maybe they can beat Cincy. Should have kept on tailgating. Left mid-way through fourth quarter. Should have left sooner. Uninspired play (can anyone besides Griffen & Delehunt not drop easy passes), incompetent coaching, university officials who are mismanaging an investment that is crumbling before our eyes. Too bad we're not down south. . . then we could stick with the tailgating.

Reaction Score
I NEVER leave games early but it so flipping cold out that we left after Cincinnati kicked the FG to go up 34-17 with 6 minutes to play. Funny because as we were leaving and got to around the scoreboard area, Williams ran back a kickoff TD. So, we all looked at each other and decided to go back to our seats. Then came the sight of the flag and the penalty that called it back. Perfect way to sum up the season.

We walked over to the student section around this time. After the kickoff came back I couldn't take it anymore. My son was a trooper. We nearly always wait till the final bell. But yesterday I just couldn't.

Reaction Score
Got in there right after kickoff. Had to cut short the tail gait to pull that off. But what the heck, UConn had momentum and a shot at a crappy bowl. Home game, maybe they can beat Cincy. Should have kept on tailgating. Left mid-way through fourth quarter. Should have left sooner. Uninspired play (can anyone besides Griffen & Delehunt not drop easy passes), incompetent coaching, university officials who are mismanaging an investment that is crumbling before our eyes. Too bad we're not down south. . . then we could stick with the tailgating.
Our receivers even show signs of not being able to catch the ball so smoothly during warmup.

Reaction Score
But I officially introduced myself to BL, so the day wasn't a total loss.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Check my new avatar :) Proof that I attended the game yesterday. Great picture.
You're in 241 as well?

I did see a guy with the Sec 241 hoodie. Was that you?

Reaction Score
Sad game overall, but some bright spots. I was offered the comfy leather recliners in the end zone.... Of course! So that was cool. Dressed really warmly and still froze. Stayed to the end yelling and cheering. Especially when nicks TD run came directly to me! I'm yelling, jumping and screaming.... I just hope that's what he remembers, not the empty stadium. Oh yeah, screw Dez, Ed, and the like as they call out the crowd from the crystal palace they were sitting in. I love this team and all those men that fought for each other and for us all season. Till next year!

Reaction Score
Sad game overall, but some bright spots. I was offered the comfy leather recliners in the end zone.... Of course! So that was cool. Dressed really warmly and still froze. Stayed to the end yelling and cheering. Especially when nicks TD run came directly to me! I'm yelling, jumping and screaming.... I just hope that's what he remembers, not the empty stadium. Oh yeah, screw Dez, Ed, and the like as they call out the crowd from the crystal palace they were sitting in. I love this team and all those men that fought for each other and for us all season. Till next year!

Hey - how are the view from those seats? Would seem crappy but not sure.

Reaction Score
1.The student section was appalling this season. I thought this game would maybe be different, I was wrong.
2.I got to my usual tailgate spot (Silva's) around 1:20, thinking I was a little late. There were about 6 cars there.
3. Guy behind me yelled at me and my group for standing, saying his kids couldn't see. It was 35 degrees and sleeting, take your little brats home. Or find some of the 17000 or so empty seats.
4. I would be very surprised if the Michigan game doesn't get moved, or if the Blue and Maize don't back out completely.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Stayed til the end. No clue why.

I have Top of The Rent seats, but sat chair backs at the 50 yard line for Pitt and Cinci. Was cool and pretty sad at the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GirlBoo1020

Top Bottom