cant believe how the place just emptied out. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

cant believe how the place just emptied out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
JMac's pick took care of it. I stayed to the end, what do I win?
My respect. I was there too numb. Just watching the last few seconds tick off on the season, numb and emotionless.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Worst I've ever seen. Probably 29k. Don't know. Its ****ing raw cold here. If I had kids here I would leave.

I'd guess short of 30k is correct. It was cold but, not that cold. Little to no wind, no rain, no snow. Come prepared or cut short your tailgate if you must. An extra 4 hours in the cold requires more preparation.

I will say the 'well lubricated' made a strong showing. Gotta do what you gotta do, I guess.

Looked promising there before Whitmer was knocked out. It's obvious where we need to get better in the off season.

Reaction Score
That was one of the coldest games I've been to. After the face mask penalty in the middle of the fourth quarter, that was it for me.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I NEVER leave games early but it so flipping cold out that we left after Cincinnati kicked the FG to go up 34-17 with 6 minutes to play. Funny because as we were leaving and got to around the scoreboard area, Williams ran back a kickoff TD. So, we all looked at each other and decided to go back to our seats. Then came the sight of the flag and the penalty that called it back. Perfect way to sum up the season.

Reaction Score
I stayed to the bitter end. Hoping, praying, that I was witnessing P's last game. P must go. Lord, what a dismal figure he portrays on the sideline. How'd you like to be in court and have your lawyer look like that? How would that make you feel?

Reaction Score
No doubt. I'm not knocking YOU. This was not a game for women and children. It was c k i n g cold out there tonight. Just got home. My toes are and feet are still frozen.

I was disappointed in the turnout, but like someone else said our second half offense this year was pathetic. There was no hope for a comeback, but I stayed anyways.

I didn't take it as a knock. Just a perspective from someone else. I, like many others, pay good money for what has been a product. One that, if bought at a retailer, would have been returned. We are, unfortunately, not able to return our purchase.

I chose to attend games because I love the sport and the state U. But if I or anyone else chooses to leave because they are not enjoying what they have purchased, then I do not blame them in the least.

I see a bigger problem in the emptiness of the chair back seats. All season there were about 25-30% of the seats on 101 open. I actually saw the rental security kick out a group of people after the ticket holders showed up...

Halfway into the 3rd quarter.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Had my little nephew and his friend with us. The friend was freezing and wanted to leave at half time. We made it until the last Cincy touchdown. I wouldn't find too much fault with people leaving early, especially if they are senior citizens or with little kids. TV gives us a 3:30 start in December. It wasn't the coldest day you'll see in December, but it wasn't exactly comfortable.

I have more questions about people in the seat backs who don't show at all and that doesn't just go for today. I have very good seats, near front of upper deck, midfield, and there were a lot of empty seats there that I know are sold and ditto for the sections across the way. Again, these are basically all season's ticket holder seats. The corners were pretty empty altogether.

Reaction Score
The last 3 UConn players to go into the tunnel were Sio, Trevardo and then Bullock was the last husky for 2012. Felt very bad for the team. Just sad. Opportunities lost all year long. The student section had 2/3 rds leave at halftime and we were right in the game. Many others left too. Just looking at folks in the parking lots there are many that don't wear enough proper clothing to get through 3 1/2 hours in the stadium when it's cold.. A pair of blue jeans is no match for those aluminum benches in those temperatures. I thought we had a shot till Cincy got the short field to go up 31-17.

Reaction Score
It was flat out ****ing cold out there today. Coldest I've been there.

I agree... stayed to end w/ the boys (16+14 and one of thier friends) - they were troopers but did notice my little guy made more frequent trips to men's room than usual!

Just enough wind to make it miserable. I did see one psychotic tough guy in shorts!

Reaction Score
This is my 7th year and have missed 1 game. Never leave early. Stay and watch the band after. Yes I know I am crazy. I would like to know how many other schools play games in cold weather areas ? Most of the conference champ games are in warmer weather or dome stadiums - no ? Can't blame the fans for leaving but you have to wonder what some adults are thinking when they dress for these cold weather games.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
If anyone from the ACC hierarchy sees this picture, .........
They'll think it was of one of the past eight ACC championship games.

Reaction Score
I stayed to the end...I'm as masochist I guess...

I find it fitting that our final play of the season was a Mccombs run up the middle.

Reaction Score
Gotta love our student section! The Dog Pound - "the best student section in the country!"

that's annoyed me for years, they really really need to just give the kids a shout-out, but leave that ridiculous "in the country" part out.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Gotta love our student section! The Dog Pound - "the best student section in the country!"
Hell, I'll bet that if beer pong was an NCAA sport we'd be UCLA under Wooden.

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
What's not to believe about turn out?typical bitch about program,then no show !ng please all must go away who don't support it.

phillionaire

esta noche somos mantequilla
Reaction Score
stayed til there was bout 5 minutes left. couldn't handle the cold anymore and had to leave. i think watching the team play was more painful than the weather though.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Really? That's necessary? I am on the other side of the ****ing ocean.

You are officially a total cok knobler.

Everybody who doesn't go to games has an excuse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GirlBoo1020

Top Bottom