cant believe how the place just emptied out. | Page 3 | The Boneyard

cant believe how the place just emptied out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
stayed til there was bout 5 minutes left. couldn't handle the cold anymore and had to leave. i think watching the team play was more painful than the weather though.

we were going to stay until the bitter end, but when Cinci scored the last touchdown we turned to each other and said we're fluckin outa here.

Reaction Score
Everybody who doesn't go to games has an excuse.

Well, you probably have never had one as valid as mine. And I am certain I have done non recreational activities in worse conditions for longer. Spare me your first world problems.

Reaction Score
stayed to the end... very tough game to watch. Another game we could have won. Down 4 heading into the 4th and lose by 17. Not sure how much I would blame PP and GDL for this one though. Just seemed like so many plays that should have made been but weren't. Several passes went through hands, WR's weren't ready, and Williams was hit in the face on one. Players have to make the plays.

On Cincy's 2nd TD there was a lateral that was dropped, then the guy passed it for a TD. It looked like the entire defense gave up when the guy dropped the lateral. Players should have realized the initial pass was a lateral. Oh well.

I will say that for the final game of the season, there was a lot of confusion on the sidelines. I think at one point, I swore McCummings, Mac, and Whitmer were in the huddle. Uconn ended up burning a time-out. Not what you would expect in game 12.

It's really hard to estimate the crowd. The corners were definitely empty and the cincy side was not too full.
but whatever you see in the stands, it seems like there could be another 3-5K walking around. Not sure why, it just seems like some people never make it to their seats. I will say the parking area looked full and there were a lot of tailgaters.

I know it's a common gripe on this board about people showing up during the 1st quarter but maybe it's a New England thing... I remember the last Pats game I went to last year and it was the same thing. We were all mobbed at the gates trying to get in listening to the first possession.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Well, you probably have never had one as valid as mine. And I am certain I have done non recreational activities in worse conditions for longer. Spare me your first world problems.

You really don't get it, do you?

Reaction Score
Stayed to the end too.
Numb from the cold and the play of the team/staff. Left knowing that next year is probably going to be no better than the last two years.

Admin. has to look hard at the entire program from staff to marketing to reconnecting with its fanbase.

At least firing P would give the appearance that they give a crap

Reaction Score
Cincinnati UCONN Kickoff.JPG

This is today's game as UCONN prepared for the kickoff. Embarrassing. Just a notch up from the pitiful attendance at the Senior Day ceremony. Husky Walk filled up in the minute or two before the busses arrived, thank goodness.

We stayed to the end. We always stay to the end. It was cold and raw and makes me wonder what the next few months will bring. Any changes this week? By signing day? By spring game? My head and heart hurt.

Reaction Score
I didn't think the cold was that bad. Maybe I got seasoned to the cold the last couple of weeks being out in the woods first thing in the morning hunting. I will definitely take this weather over the humidity of the NC State game this year. That had to be the most unbearable game weather wise. The only problem I had with the weather today was the wind direction. Someone downwind from me must have had skunk crotch at their tailgate.

Reaction Score
View attachment 1867
This is today's game as UCONN prepared for the kickoff. Embarrassing. Just a notch up from the pitiful attendance at the Senior Day ceremony. Husky Walk filled up in the minute or two before the busses arrived, thank goodness.

We stayed to the end. We always stay to the end. It was cold and raw and makes me wonder what the next few months will bring. Any changes this week? By signing day? By spring game? My head and heart hurt.

Mirror image from my vantage point in Sec202.

Reaction Score
Just got home about an hour ago, my 4 and 7 year old made it through the entire game, didn't complain once until I explained that we didn't qualify for a bowl game. They were looking forward to getting on another plane!

Reaction Score
The Razzle dazzle play that knocked Whitmer out did it for Us. We stayed till 4 minutes left. After Johnny Mac threw to his stationery targets wearing White Jerseys. How Fuxking Horrible were those throws? Goodbye GDL, its be not nice to know you.

Reaction Score
people are soft nationwide. Arkansas cleared out at half time last week. No doubt, It was chilly. But, it wasn't 2010 Papa John's Bowl cold.

8237777830_0e39ecc073_z.jpg

Reaction Score
JMac's pick took care of it. I stayed to the end, what do I win?
You need to get a seat close to the opponents' bench and harass them. Doesn't get boring.

FWIW, I ALWAYS stay until the end. I had a lot of fun this season.

My observation, we do have a fanbase to build off. 33,000 tickets sold for this game. And we DO have an enthusiastic fanbase. People who did not even go to the school. Lawyers (wink, wink) to electricians. Many people just leave when they get tired of the inept coaching we have.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Start of fourth. View attachment 1864

thank you coach pee pee, you're making the state obsessed with UConn football

I don't think it's possible for enthusiasm to have fallen farther quicker, this has to be some kind of record

Reaction Score
My wife, daughter and I left early, said our seasonal goodbyes to close by season ticket holders, Brian and Jerry27 and found refuse in a warm restaurant where the steaks were cooked perfectly and the martini's shaken like Bond would like em. Sometimes it just make sense to alter the days plans by a fee minutes.

Reaction Score
We stayed to the end and went to go tailgating in the parking lot to only to have 3 state police cars and 4 parking lot workers in golf carts telling us to leave now!!!, they had us circled and would not leave till we had things packed up. We used to have a 1 hour after night games...what happen to that rule?

C

Chief00

I admit it - I left after Johnny Mac pass got picked. seemed like a flash back to last season and the program has regressed, if anything under Coach Pee.
Warde is spending way too much time micro managing how coaches should conduct practices, how players sit during MBB timeouts and he is totally clueless on the big picture. We ain't got a conference to play in and fans are dropping out like flees. He may have an MBA but he doesn't understand the business side at all.

Reaction Score
Our recruiting hasn't regressed. It has progressed. The coaching is what seems to have regressed. General game management and offense.

C

Chief00

Our recruiting hasn't regressed. It has progressed. The coaching is what seems to have regressed. General game management and offense.
Please give me a guy on the field making plays example of how it has progressed?

Reaction Score
Dougsts- We'll see you next year, have a good holiday season.
I have to look at it like with every bad season there is hope for a better next season.

My wife, daughter and I left early, said our seasonal goodbyes to close by season ticket holders, Brian and Jerry27 and found refuse in a warm restaurant where the steaks were cooked perfectly and the martini's shaken like Bond would like em. Sometimes it just make sense to alter the days plans by a fee minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GirlBoo1020

Top Bottom