OT: Canes vs Bruins - Who you got?

Canes vs Bruins - Who you got?

• Canes

Votes: 13 29.5%
  • Bruins

Votes: 31 70.5%

• Total voters
Reaction Score
Why would you stick a whale tail in the middle of a logo that already looks like an irritated butthole?

Any way, nice of you guys to show up. Loser

Reaction Score
The Canes started the playoffs like the 80s Islanders and tuned into the Whalers just in time for the Bruins.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Everything seems to be going Boston's way this playoff season...and that makes me sick enough to not watch any more playoff hockey this year once the West Finals are over. Bummer.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
This thread is amusing. I wish I saw it on May 9.

Reaction Score
Lol at anyone trying to crap on the Hurricanes after the run they just went on this season. A point or two out of last place in the entire league at Christmas. Now here we are at the end of May and the season fianally ends with a loss in the Eastern conference finals. Proud of our boys.

The team is very young with lots of up-and-coming talent at the NHL level, AHL level and ECHL level. Hurricanes are the first organization to have their NHL, AHL and ECHL teams make the third round in the same year. Add a legit top line scorer in the offseason, and Canes will be a threat next season.

Attendance is up 20% and the Raleigh/Triangle area is still on fire with growth. The AHL team in Charlotte is a huge draw (double what the Wolfpack draw). You're kidding yourself if you think Gary is going to move this franchise out of this NC market.

NOW LET'S GO BLUES SHARKS.

Husky25

Reaction Score
Lol at anyone trying to crap on the Hurricanes after the run they just went on this season.

Not so much the team, but the infighting between old school Whaler and nouveau Carolina fans.

Reaction Score
The ad hominem garbage doesn't bother me. Keep trying. :p:p:p:p

Even Pucky loves the WhalerCanes.

Reaction Score
So the stuffed animal attending a game and losing to Boston is the only connection to the Whalers. And one weirdo fan. Live life Hoser

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Islanders > Pens 4-0
Hurricanes > Islanders 4-0
Bruins > Hurricanes 4-0

Looks to me like Boston is about to get swept in the finals.

Reaction Score
The Hurricanes are not the Whalers. Should Atlanta hockey fans be supporting the Winnipeg Jets now?

The Hurricanes are actually embarrassing. Couldn't even get the hurricane warning flag right for 20+ years.

Reaction Score
Islanders > Pens 4-0
Hurricanes > Islanders 4-0
Bruins > Hurricanes 4-0

Looks to me like Boston is about to get swept in the finals.

The Bruins are better than all those teams but, yeah, I do not like that stat heading into the finals.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Bruins fans, impressive work.

Overall, great depth on this team. The Johansson and Coyle trades along with Backes improved play has given this team 4 true lines.

Agreed. Very similar to the team that beat Vancouver for the Cup. Difficult to match up with those effective 3rd and 4th lines, and Bergeron is so strong defensively he doesn’t give up much when the first line is out.

Reaction Score
The municipal loyalists quit on the team. Textbook casual fans. Makes sense that some of these casual fans have now become Bruins casual fans.

I don't think Fartman could be an ex-whaler fan turned Bruins guy. You can't be that obnoxious of a Boston fan without having put years into it or unless he's 25 and didn't know what it was like to lose?

Reaction Score
The municipal loyalists quit on the team. Textbook casual fans. Makes sense that some of these casual fans have now become Bruins casual fans.
I have no favorite NHL team, speaking for myself. If I do, it's reluctantly the Islander or the Devils.

Go support NC State.

Husky25

Reaction Score
I grew up in Central MA. The Whalers were cute.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
The ad hominem garbage doesn't bother me. Keep trying. :p:p:p:p

Even Pucky loves the WhalerCanes.

View attachment 43336
The years have not been kind to Pucky as you cab see. Not only does will he show up at Canes games for an eightball, he'll give you a handy in the parking lot for a fin.

Reaction Score
I grew up in Central MA. The Whalers were cute.
Growing up in CT, the Whalers were then a failed-Boston WHA franchise demoted to a failing minor league city. Went to 1 game with free tickets, but some people around Hartford actually cared. Not so much to at all in CT’s then and now stronger hockey towns in New Haven and Fairfield counties.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom