OT: Canes vs Bruins - Who you got?

Canes vs Bruins - Who you got?

• Canes

Votes: 13 29.5%
  • Bruins

Votes: 31 70.5%

• Total voters
Reaction Score
Home ice will be huge and both barns will be rocking. In NC the tailgate, concert, and general craziness will be off the charts.

Wily vets Brad Marchand vs Justin Williams.

Its a hard ticket to get in Raleigh, if I can score one I will be wearing my Whalers Jersey. It was nice this year when the Canes donned Whalers jerseys for a home game. New owner seems to be a big plus.

Reaction Score
Just thought I would add just 2 videos (one here and one to follow) of the now famous Carolina Storm Surge which was post game after Canes wins down the stretch. The second one is precious for the famous Bunch of Jerks.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I will never, ever consider rooting for the Canes. No Whaler fan should. It's like a Houston Oilers fan rooting for the Titans, but worse, at least Houston got a new team.

Bruins are the better team, and have the better goalie and home ice. Should win in 6.

As for "wily vets", Brad Marchand? Not Patrice Bergeron? I think of Marchand as a young player.

Reaction Score
I've been a fan of this franchise since the WHA days. I will always bleed green. It's a shame so many "fans" quit on this team.

Reaction Score
Carolina has been pretty hot as of late and in the playoffs. They lead all playoff teams in expected net goal +/- by a landslide.

Bruins have been grinding it out. Bruins actually have a negative net expected goal +/-, but they're moving on mostly because Tuuka has been awesome.

When watching their games, the Bruins usually look like the better team (and Corsi bears that out), but their defense has real lapses, thus the expected negative net goals. Tuuka has made up for a lot of those lapses so far.

Both teams have outscored their expected goals by 6 goals, so something is going to have to give this series. Boston are the series favorites, which makes sense with home ice and regular season success/player pedigree. But this is the NHL playoffs. I like Carolina at +135.

Last edited:

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
I've been a fan of this franchise since the WHA days. I will always bleed green. It's a shame so many "fans" quit on this team.

I was a fan back to the WHA days too. I had Whalers living in my neighborhood. I had Gordie Howe open the door one time on Halloween when I was trick or treating. One of the great memories of my childhood.

The franchise quit on their fans and on Hartford. They are dead to me. It's a disgrace that they wear the Whalers jersey the way they do. There's only one reason, the Whalers are still more popular than the Canes will ever be.

Reaction Score
I was a fan back to the WHA days too. I had Whalers living in my neighborhood. I had Gordie Howe open the door one time on Halloween when I was trick or treating. One of the great memories of my childhood.

The franchise quit on their fans and on Hartford. They are dead to me. It's a disgrace that they wear the Whalers jersey the way they do. There's only one reason, the Whalers are still more popular than the Canes will ever be.

When you mean the franchise you must mean the former scumbag owner. He's gone.

Reaction Score
I will never, ever consider rooting for the Canes. No Whaler fan should. It's like a Houston Oilers fan rooting for the Titans, but worse, at least Houston got a new team.
Funny that you mention Oilers. I was an Oilers fan and now root for Titans and I was a Whalers fan that now roots for Carolina. Don't understand your reasoning for not rooting, owners made the move, not players decision.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
When you mean the franchise you must mean the former scumbag owner. He's gone.

Did they move back? If not, that horse is out of the barn. They aren't the Hartford Whalers anymore.

@Magic32 The players? They are all gone. I didn't root for the Penguins when Ron Francis went there. I root for teams from places I care about or have attachment to. The name of the place is what matters. UConn. Boston. Hartford. New England.

Edit: If the Bruins moved to Seattle or something, and the Hurricanes moved to Boston and became the "Boston Whalers" or even "New England Whalers", they'd become my team.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Obviously you are welcome to your opinions but I can never root for a team that gave up on my hometown. I was once a Whaler season ticket holder. I never rooted for the Patriots after they reneged on Connecticut either. Forget em both. I hold grudges forever. Its part of being Italian.

Reaction Score
Obviously you are welcome to your opinions but I can never root for a team that gave up on my hometown. I was once a Whaler season ticket holder. I never rooted for the Patriots after they reneged on Connecticut either. Forget em both. I hold grudges forever. Its part of being Italian.

I'm not Italian but I agree with 85% of what you said. I'm a lifelong Giants fan (season ticket holder) so the Patriots stuff doesn't pertain to me. But I won't give them a penny of my hard earned $$$.

Reaction Score
When watching their games, the Bruins usually look like the better team (and Corsi bears that out), but their defense has real lapses, thus the expected negative net goals. Tuuka has made up for a lot of those lapses so far.

Chara's been brutal. The game just looks too fast for him.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
What do I got? I've got a serious bout with indigestion, nausea, and hockey rage watching these two.

The bright side: it will be VERY easy to root for the Western Conference champ regardless of who wins.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
What do I got? I've got a serious bout with indigestion, nausea, and hockey rage watching these two.

The bright side: it will be VERY easy to root for the Western Conference champ regardless of who wins.

I'd feel the same way if it was a NY team. I'd root for the Sharks over Carolina.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I'd feel the same way if it was a NY team. I'd root for the Sharks over Carolina.

Oh, I hate the Rangers too. I hold irrational lifetime grudges from my Whalers years. The Islanders don't seem to bother me for some reason. Probably because there were never 5,000 Islanders fans at each Islander/Whaler game in Hartford.

After Ovechkin won a Cup last year, I really would love to see Joe Thornton hoist it this year. He's long enough removed from Boston so I can safely root for him now. :)

Reaction Score

He is nowhere near the player he once was, but he still does a lot of the little things to give Rask a clean look. Toronto and Columbus both had explosive Top 6 forwards that were tough match ups.

Reaction Score

He does lead the entire playoffs in +/- with a +9 while getting tons of pk time and no pp time. I realize +/- is an meh stat but still

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom