OT: Canes vs Bruins - Who you got?

Canes vs Bruins - Who you got?

• Canes

Votes: 13 29.5%
  • Bruins

Votes: 31 70.5%

• Total voters
Reaction Score
He hits 0 people. He still gets the occasional long stick poke check, but he can't recover positionally anymore.
Not that I really disagree but Riley Nash has a small nitpick with you.

Reaction Score
This is a hockey nightmare because both teams can't lose.
Neither team can lose by enough. I have been to many great sporting events and 1986 game 6 Whalers vs Montreal is near the top of the list. Loved the Whale. Freakin Yvonne Courneyer.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Oh, I hate the Rangers too. I hold irrational lifetime grudges from my Whalers years. The Islanders don't seem to bother me for some reason. Probably because there were never 5,000 Islanders fans at each Islander/Whaler game in Hartford.

After Ovechkin won a Cup last year, I really would love to see Joe Thornton hoist it this year. He's long enough removed from Boston so I can safely root for him now. :)

My Bruin's jersey has his name on it. But I also lived 15 minutes from the Shark Tank. Used to take the light rail in to games. So they are my #2 team. When I moved to Boston I adopted the Bruins, somewhat reluctantly as a Whaler fan (always rooted for the other Boston teams). But they have good fans, and Bergeron is just about the most likable guy in the NHL (Marchand is certainly not).

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Exciting start. Both teams are flying.

Reaction Score

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
I hope Karmonos and Bettman both get locked in a room with Bob Diaco for a year. franchise and whoever came up with the idea to rub the salt in the wound with the Whaler uniforms. Notice I didn't say go Bruins, They are the lesser of the 2 evils for me.

Reaction Score
It wasn’t so much the Bruins I hated, it was their criminal fans that invaded Hartford by the bus loads.
Who are the Hurricanes ? Never heard of them.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
It wasn’t so much the Bruins I hated, it was their criminal fans that invaded Hartford by the bus loads.
Who are the Hurricanes ? Never heard of them.

The Montreal fans were much worse.

Reaction Score
Home ice doesn't matter for the ex-Whalers this postseason.

Reaction Score
Home ice doesn't matter for the ex-Whalers this postseason.
Jinx. You're welcome.

Canes were up, 2-1 at the end of the 2nd. 3-2, Bruins now, early 3rd.

Reaction Score
Home ice will be huge and both barns will be rocking. In NC the tailgate, concert, and general craziness will be off the charts.

Wily vets Brad Marchand vs Justin Williams.

Its a hard ticket to get in Raleigh, if I can score one I will be wearing my Whalers Jersey. It was nice this year when the Canes donned Whalers jerseys for a home game. New owner seems to be a big plus.
I got the Whalers

Reaction Score
The line of Keon, McKenzie and Howe will do DAMAGE, with Pleau and Al Smith backing them up.

Reaction Score
Rangers fan here.

Rooting for the Hurricanes, but they don't have the same physical firepower as Columbus. Columbus beat the heck out of Pastrnak but I think he won't be as physically imposed against the Canes.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Funny that you mention Oilers. I was an Oilers fan and now root for Titans and I was a Whalers fan that now roots for Carolina. Don't understand your reasoning for not rooting, owners made the move, not players decision.

Titans finally had a good draft.

Such a horribly run franchise for so long.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Rangers fan here.

Rooting for the Hurricanes, but they don't have the same physical firepower as Columbus. Columbus beat the heck out of Pastrnak but I think he won't be as physically imposed against the Canes.

Agree. Columbus was the tougher match-up, they play like the old school Bruins teams used to play. Beat the hell out of the speed/skill Bruins, and NHL playoffs allow a lot more of that than the regular season. That's how they took out Tampa. The 3rd and 4th lines won that series for Boston, along with Rask of course.

Reaction Score
Both teams have outscored their expected goals by 6 goals, so something is going to have to give this series. Boston are the series favorites, which makes sense with home ice and regular season success/player pedigree. But this is the NHL playoffs. I like Carolina at +135.

Nailed it.

Reaction Score
Bruins fans, impressive work.

Overall, great depth on this team. The Johansson and Coyle trades along with Backes improved play has given this team 4 true lines.

Reaction Score
Why would you stick a whale tail in the middle of a logo that already looks like an irritated butthole?

Any way, nice of you guys to show up. Loser

Guys trying to have fun and be creative and he's the loser? :eek:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom