Canadian training camp includes Aaliyah | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Canadian training camp includes Aaliyah

Dogstar

Of course I'm Sirius
Reaction Score
So, the fanbase groused this much when others had commitments? Was this same energy there when Stewart, Jefferson and Nurse represented their countries while at UConn?

I want to laugh but I find it hard to. If fans don't trust Aaliyah to know how to manage things and maintain her commitments, then have they really been paying attention to how she conducts herself?
And whn Paige tore her ACL last year there was Gloom and Dispair but no grousing abt how she shouldn't have been playing a pickup game, AE is a mature individual who seems to have set her goals and accomplishments, honoring a commitment and play for her Country. I'm ok with it and apparently so is the Head ball coach.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
If UConn plays most of the season without significant injuries (i.e., injuries that would cause a starter or major sub to miss more than 2 or 3 games during the season), then UConn will properly be contending with LSU for the top-ranked position throughout the season and into the NCAA tournament. Aaliyah's summer sojourn with the Canadian National team does not change that expectation at all.

Reaction Score
If UConn plays most of the season without significant injuries (i.e., injuries that would cause a starter or major sub to miss more than 2 or 3 games during the season), then UConn will properly be contending with LSU for the top-ranked position throughout the season and into the NCAA tournament. Aaliyah's summer sojourn with the Canadian National team does not change that expectation at all.
Competing with LSU? They are the defending national champions and we lost in the sweet sixteen. They have a first team all American and I’m not sure we can match up in the front or back court with their adds of Hailey Van Lith AND Williams to Johnson. They are a super team and we are a sweet sixteen team with an elite eight ceiling imo.

Reaction Score
Competing with LSU? They are the defending national champions and we lost in the sweet sixteen. They have a first team all American and I’m not sure we can match up in the front or back court with their adds of Hailey Van Lith AND Williams to Johnson. They are a super team and we are a sweet sixteen team with an elite eight ceiling imo.
You are an elite troll, that's the only way to explain your outlandish outtakes.

Dogstar

Of course I'm Sirius
Reaction Score
You had to wait 14 whole years to thk and say this....congrats on ur incredibly unwavering patience.

Reaction Score
She is a much more mature player now. I admire her for wanting to represent her country and though I worry about injury, she would likely be playing pick up ball anyway, which begs the question, is pick up ball more dangerous than organized ball? I am looking for her to have a monster year for us! I would not be surprised if she is the premier big in the country next season. It looks like she is working on adding the final piece (the three ball) to her game. Imagine if she maintains or improves her 15-17 footer, adds the three at 34-37%, and gets stronger! She is going to be a major problem next year and especially if Paige & Azzi return to their best form, she will need to be doubled. I imagine Paige & Azzi are licking their lips!
From AE's tweet and 7 second video, she appears to be in a good place. The mental part of the game at her stage of development is key, and I believe she will improve continually because of her positive mental approach.

Stay POSITIVE, my friends! [Just like Cuango...]

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
Maybe, I had us a 1/2 in the country but not I think we'll be in the 10-15 range.

You yourself said that UConn was 1 or 2 in the country until you heard about Aaliyah being with Team Canada for part of this summer. (See Post #47 quoted above.) So, even though no one got injured or transferred or will miss actual games during the season, and it's just a matter of Aaliyah being away for part of the summer, you feel that is enough to drop UConn by 9 to 14 slots in the rankings?

I think that is why people are reacting to your views with disbelief.

Reaction Score
You yourself said that UConn was 1 or 2 in the country until you heard about Aaliyah being with Team Canada for part of this summer. (See Post #47 quoted above.) So, even though no one got injured or transferred or will miss actual games during the season, and it's just a matter of Aaliyah being away for part of the summer, you feel that is enough to drop UConn by 9 to 14 slots in the rankings?

I think that is why people are reacting to your views with disbelief.
Yea I can see that. My belief in us dropping was I had hoped players would make a big leap between last season and this season. Even just one player not going to summer session really takes away my home from big leaps between season for not just Aaliyah but everyone. Now I assume they'll be at same level as last year, hence the much lower ceiling and ranking. I hope that makes sense. Just a bummer for me.

Reaction Score
Yea I can see that. My belief in us dropping was I had hoped players would make a big leap between last season and this season. Even just one player not going to summer session really takes away my home from big leaps between season for not just Aaliyah but everyone. Now I assume they'll be at same level as last year, hence the much lower ceiling and ranking. I hope that makes sense. Just a bummer for me.

I don't understand the logic because improvements come from more than attending summer sessions. Players have to want it and put in the effort during these sessions and on their own.

There could be perfect attendance and nothing gets better in the scenario you've described. There was perfect attendance per a previous post of yours and how exactly did that work out for the players that were healthy? Results were mixed as a whole if my memory is correct.

Heck, it's been discussed as nasuem during this past season about how certain players didn't make the leap from the previous one. What you've outlined doesn't make sense when it comes to Aaliyah based on how she performed last season. Nor should it be your concern if you've seen footage of the work she's been putting in this off-season. Concern about injury? Fair. Other than that, I'm sorry but I don't see it.

Reaction Score
I don't understand the logic because improvements come from more than attending summer sessions. Players have to want it and put in the effort during these sessions and on their own.

There could be perfect attendance and nothing gets better in the scenario you've described. There was perfect attendance per a previous post of yours and how exactly did that work out for the players that were healthy? Results were mixed as a whole if my memory is correct.

Heck, it's been discussed as nasuem during this past season about how certain players didn't make the leap from the previous one. What you've outlined doesn't make sense when it comes to Aaliyah based on how she performed last season. Nor should it be your concern if you've seen footage of the work she's been putting in this off-season. Concern about injury? Fair. Other than that, I'm sorry but I don't see it.
I actually think the players that were healthy DID improve leaps and bounds with perfect attendance. It is my belief that mixed attendance will result in lack of improvement across the board. I hope you are right that they still might improve my expectations for the team are now borderline top 10 with the chance at an elite eight if things fall our way. Just my opinion though, I understand if others disagree.

Reaction Score
I actually think the players that were healthy DID improve leaps and bounds with perfect attendance. It is my belief that mixed attendance will result in lack of improvement across the board. I hope you are right that they still might improve my expectations for the team are now borderline top 10 with the chance at an elite eight if things fall our way. Just my opinion though, I understand if others disagree.

We obviously weren't watching the same season.

Reaction Score
I get the loops, are we up to 32 yet

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
Enjoy Canada basketball ruining Aaliyah with this fabulous three. :rolleyes: It’s an IG story, so you’ll need an account to view. But she’s looking more comfortable behind the arc… and we should love that.

Reaction Score
Aaliyah at practice

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom