• Yes

Votes: 15 6.3%
  • No

Votes: 165 69.0%
  • No, but I could back in the day.

Votes: 59 24.7%

• Total voters
Reaction Score
Great story Tripucka was a nice player in his day. Liked ND as well as UConn back in the days going back to Austin Carr. He and Woolridge along with other nice players like Duck Williams I believe, Rivers maybe were very good but honestly were coached by an overrated HC in Digger.
They also had Adrian Dantley right before Tripucka. He's a guy that time has really forgotten and could fill it up with the best of them.

Reaction Score
They also had Adrian Dantley right before Tripucka. He's a guy that time has really forgotten and could fill it up with the best of them.

His freshman year he averaged over 18 a game with the team that broke UCLA's big winning streak then went on to win the NIT which was still a big tourney. He, Shumate, Brokaw and Clay made for a fun team to watch back then. He also averaged 30/10 and 28/10 his soph and junior years thereafter. A real great player especially considering he was such on undersized player for his position. Good call Deep!

Reaction Score
His freshman year he averaged over 18 a game with the team that broke UCLA's big winning streak then went on to win the NIT which was still a big tourney. He, Shumate, Brokaw and Clay made for a fun team to watch back then. He also averaged 30/10 and 28/10 his soph and junior years thereafter. A real great player especially considering he was such on undersized player for his position. Good call Deep!
Always thought AD and Barkley had a similar style to their game.. SF size playing like PFs

Reaction Score
28.......6'2 with long arms/legs, there hasnt been a day where i couldn't get one down since freshman year of college...but haven't played since Covid started, so thinking the glory years are officially behind me. pretty much accepted the fact that my last in game dunk has already happened

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
My answer to this poll is No.

Someone should make another poll - can you drink ? At least that's what the title of the thread appeared when my mouse covered the "u" in d*nk .

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
Pistons traded Dantley for Aguirre in '91and went on their championship run after that. Always felt bad for AD because he was very good for the Pistons. I think Aguirre brought a more well rounded offensive game than AD's. When it came to derrières Dantley had the best. He could pick and roll by himself.

Reaction Score
Pistons traded Dantley for Aguirre in '91and went on their championship run after that. Always felt bad for AD because he was very good for the Pistons. I think Aguirre brought a more well rounded offensive game than AD's. When it came to derrières Dantley had the best. He could pick and roll by himself.
When AD started backing his defender down into the paint.It was over.Count the bucket.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
Always thought AD and Barkley had a similar style to their game.. SF size playing like PFs
sorry bud, but no. my guy on tv, only averaged twice as many boards as daintly. 12 to 6, with 11 as games to 6. and then, when you look at bball reference, the 'similar to' category for each is dramatically different. the 'prince of pizza's' comps include all time greats while daintly's is mostly... who? and when was his mvp year again? oh, right. never.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
sorry bud, but no. my guy on tv, only averaged twice as many boards as daintly. 12 to 6. and then, when you look at bball reference, the 'similar to' category for each is dramatically different. the 'prince of pizza's' comps include all time greats while daintly's is mostly... who? and when was his mvp year again? oh, right. never.

He said "similar" not as good, he's good with that thought. You're right overall but similar games no doubt. Impact was a tad short for AD in comparison though but still a very solid NBA player.

Reaction Score
sorry bud, but no. my guy on tv, only averaged twice as many boards as daintly. 12 to 6, with 11 as games to 6. and then, when you look at bball reference, the 'similar to' category for each is dramatically different. the 'prince of pizza's' comps include all time greats while daintly's is mostly... who? and when was his mvp year again? oh, right. never.
AD's #s not close to Chuck's. Referring to style only. Wonder who the better golfer is??

Reaction Score
AD's #s not close to Chuck's. Referring to style only. Wonder who the better golfer is??

AD may have never hit the links and be a better player LOL.

He has improved his swing in case you haven't seen him as of late, the hitched are pretty much history.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
AD may have never hit the links and be a better player LOL.

He has improved his swing in case you haven't seen him as of late, the hitched are pretty much history.
fwiw, when I was working in Quincy, our president had a hitched swing where he'd stop halfway through his downstroke. Dude was a single handicapper in his late 50s. Closest I ever came to beating him was on an executive par-3, but on a regular course I couldn't get within 10 strokes.

Reaction Score
I'm 5'10" and used to be able to get a finger on the rim but could never get any higher than that.

One of my old friends from school was the same height as me and could dunk rather easily (he was white too)..pretty impressive to watch lol
Check out this 5'9" guy.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

I mean AD has a career scoring average 2 ppg better than Chuck and won two scoring titles, but no overall, Barkley was much better.

AD was another classic black hole player. Once he touched the ball you weren't getting it back that possession.

It was 88-89 season. There was some shade there with Isiah being friends with Aguirre and all. Bottom line Dantley became a bad fit for what the Pistons were doing and what the needed from that position. Statistically they were almost identical for the games they played for Detroit that year.

Adrian Dantley Stats | Basketball-Reference.com (basketball-reference.com)

Mark Aguirre Stats | Basketball-Reference.com (basketball-reference.com)

Reaction Score
I'm six foot now. The closest I cam was being able to hit the rim during the winter of my freshmen year in high school. I was I think 5'8" then. Then the second to last day of school freshmen year I was playing basketball between exams, blocked a shot came down on another kid's foot and broke my tibia.

My best friend who was/is always the same height as me could do any dunk Sean Kemp could do by the beginning of our Sophomore year.

I couldn't dunk, but I could shoot. My friend called me 'Money' and said I was in range once I stepped over half-court.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
Check out this 5'9" guy.

beeyootiful mechanics. he bursts, long-strided in acceleration. max efficiency is his weapon to capture big mo, and then channel it into the dunk vector.
now, aboot some of those pics with him training just any old place outside, well, someone should explain to mr cranky/incredulous here at the thread, that this is a postcard from the real world, ie kids everywhere jumping stairs, onto tables, pulling an old tire with one leg, then the other, balancing/lifting/etc a cinderblock, a rock, or anything else handy, filling gallon jugs with water (8 lb weights!), and so on and so on. the wealthier kids just do it in 'weight rooms.' or on the slopes, as a steady diet of skiing can turn ur legs into springs. biking hills is another 'no special equipment needed' trick to up ur hops ability. even if just a junkyard freebie, it doesn't matter, cuz winning the tour de france isn't the goal, just working the legs is. heck, if there's a long/wide set of stairs nearby, you can make ur quads, hammies, and calves sing by riding up and down them. hard task. expect a bruise or two. on the udder hand, no cost.
'cross-training.'
didya hear the one aboot the boxer who trained by punching sides of beef?

Reaction Score
I'm around 6ft 1 or 2. Back in high school I could pull a sprite on a good day. Could never get the ball over the rim. Now I'm at least 70 pounds heavier. Best I can do is slap back board especially with my two bad knees. I'm really working on losing weight. I'd like to get back to at least touching the rim. Sadly dunking isn't in the cards for me.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I'm around 6ft 1 or 2. Back in high school I could pull a sprite on a good day. Could never get the ball over the rim. Now I'm at least 70 pounds heavier. Best I can do is slap back board especially with my two bad knees. I'm really working on losing weight. I'd like to get back to at least touching the rim. Sadly dunking isn't in the cards for me.
I don't know why any older folks with bad knees want to touch any rim other than a snifter.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom