Can we get excited now? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Can we get excited now?

Reaction Score
If we could have hit free throws and Cobb could manage not to knock guys over like bowling pins, that would have been a 12 to 15 point win. This squad has come a long way in a short time, but we still need alot more at the forward positions before I am sold.

By the way, I thought Cobb was great overall, especially in the first half.

Reaction Score
I dont give a damn. We were without Sid and a good jalen. When we didnt have rique no one had sympathy on us

I was thinking the same thing the whole game. The announcers don’t know about our sleeper Sid Wilson.

Reaction Score
The eye test. Do you remember last year we knew that by Dec30 we would know what we had? This year it’s Dec 22. I can tell already that we will compete in games with our defense and guard pressure. Never saw it last year and Gilbert is a big addition. We passed the eye test tonight. You can say that we made too many 3’s but alternatively we missed FT’s and the refs jobbed us so the win could have been much bigger than it was.

Reaction Score
Jalen Carey had 6 turnovers and 0 assists.

He scored well, but he didn't initiate any offense.

I am not disagreeing but Syracuse was the worst Syracuse team offensively in 50 years last year. Howard was a net negative offensive player for much of the season. Turnovers and all, especially after his shaky first 4 minutes, Carey was a net positive for Cuse offensively tonight.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Now, if they beat Oregon tomorrow, now they'll almost certainly be ranked, and we should be pretty pumped.

Predicting Yakwe fouls out in under 4 minutes against Bol Bol. Hoping Cobb & Carlton keep it together. Not sure how anyone defends a 7'2" guy with a handle.

Reaction Score
It's early I know, but Cuse currently has the #2 adjusted D according to Kenpom. Be excited. This is a much better team than last year. What does that mean for this season? I don't know, but I'm going to have a lot of fun watching to find out.

Reaction Score
It's early I know, but Cuse currently has the #2 adjusted D according to Kenpom. Be excited. This is a much better team than last year. What does that mean for this season? I don't know, but I'm going to have a lot of fun watching to find out.
It's too early for it to mean too much, since it still has last year's stats in it.

Reaction Score
I did not know that. Still pretty impressive to drop 83 points on a team with a defense that should be good on paper.
Totally. Ball movement was fantastic. It's amazing how all these terrible shooters suddenly can make shots when the offense consists of more than Jalen or CV winding down the clock and hoping for something...

Reaction Score
We're a decent team but continued hard work, development and good health will be necessary to build a tournament resume. Some nice eye candy tonight for our recruits.

Im happy with the guy we have putting the pieces together. Feeling like Hurley will build this thing back up in a year or 2.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
After this win tonight where we looked like the better team clearly for the whole game against a top 15 team are we fans allowed to get excited about the prospects of this team? I comfortable in saying we were vastly underrated coming into this yr. Lets go and hopefully beat another top 15 team in Oregon tomorrow!! I BELIEVE AGAIN!!!!!!!!! HURLEY!!!!!!
4AD0BB64-55BE-43EE-822D-EE2FA9895A8B.gif

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Be excited. When's the last time you saw UConn play against a zone where the color guy didn't explain that you need to put a guy on the foul line to attack the zone. Because they were doing it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom