Can we get excited now? | The Boneyard

Can we get excited now?

Reaction Score
After this win tonight where we looked like the better team clearly for the whole game against a top 15 team are we fans allowed to get excited about the prospects of this team? I comfortable in saying we were vastly underrated coming into this yr. Lets go and hopefully beat another top 15 team in Oregon tomorrow!! I BELIEVE AGAIN!!!!!!!!! HURLEY!!!!!!

Reaction Score
Trying to be conservative but that was fun. Lets see what they do against Oregon (I hope) (or Iowa...) Could they be ranked at 4-0 if they play and beat Oregon?

Reaction Score
The Syracuse win is great and I'm happy, but the necessary perspective is that a team without it's starting point guard is not nearly as good as a team with it's starting point guard, even if it has other very good players.

Cf. UConn, 2017, 2018.

Now, if they beat Oregon tomorrow, now they'll almost certainly be ranked, and we should be pretty pumped.

Reaction Score
That was big. Should go a long way. Guys know they can compete and win. Bigs gain confidence and become consistent and we can win some games.

Reaction Score
The Syracuse win is great and I'm happy, but the necessary perspective is that a team without it's starting point guard is not nearly as good as a team with it's starting point guard, even if it has other very good players.

Cf. UConn, 2017, 2018.

Now, if they beat Oregon tomorrow, now they'll almost certainly be ranked, and we should be pretty pumped.
I dont give a damn. We were without Sid and a good jalen. When we didnt have rique no one had sympathy on us

Reaction Score
I dont give a damn. We were without Sid and a good jalen. When we didnt have rique no one had sympathy on us
I agree. But I'm just saying that, for perspective purposes, them missing a PG has to figure in.

It's a very good win. The first time I've been pumped as a fan for a while. But a healthy Oregon team tomorrow is a better barometer than a team missing its PG.

Still, last years' team gets beat pretty handily by this Syracuse team. And it's funny how formerly poor shooters suddenly look much better when they're shooting in rhythm rather than rushing at the end of the clock...

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I'm a total break pumper.

My sort of unrealistic feeling heading out of this game is that we're going to win the conference, aren't we.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Trying to be conservative but that was fun. Lets see what they do against Oregon (I hope) (or Iowa...) Could they be ranked at 4-0 if they play and beat Oregon?
I think they would jump up to 15 or so. Not too many teams would have two top 15 wins at this point of the season

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I’m excited!

HBrOb9J.gif

Reaction Score
I agree. But I'm just saying that, for perspective purposes, them missing a PG has to figure in.

It's a very good win. The first time I've been pumped as a fan for a while. But a healthy Oregon team tomorrow is a better barometer than a team missing it's PG.

Still, last years' team gets beat pretty handily by this Syracuse team. And it's funny how formerly poor shooters suddenly look much better when they're shooting in rhythm rather than rushing at the end of the clock...

I will post this in a couple of threads so excuse me for being repetitive but Jalen Carey's game tonight was significantly better than any game Frank Howard has played in 3 years at Syracuse. Sure, Cuse would be better if they had Howard but his box score stats were a result of him playing 39 mpg last year. 37 percent from the fiedl - he was terribly inefficient and there is a reason Cuse fans are lukewarm on him. Cuse is a good team and the reason is because of Brissett and Battle, two guys that our swarming defense bottled up tonight.

Reaction Score
I will post this in a couple of threads so excuse me for being repetitive but Jalen Carey's game tonight was significantly better than any game Frank Howard has played in 3 years at Syracuse.
Jalen Carey had 6 turnovers and 0 assists.

He scored well, but he didn't initiate any offense.

Reaction Score
That was without Diarra and Sid, and with Whaley getting a limited (but impactful) 2 minutes.
Let them have Howard back. We’ll bring back our three and beat them by double digits next time.

Reaction Score
I'm excited for this season and the next 20. Winning that game with Carlton being a non-factor is big.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom