Can we beat Baylor | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Can we beat Baylor

Reaction Score
Without a doubt!! We can beat Baylor. The key is going to be, like Diana put it the other day, which team is going to be that badass out there on the court. Which team is going to bring a high level of intensity and not let up. If our girls/ladies can do that, UConn wins. I got faith that our girls will bring that intensity.

Reaction Score
SC, followed by Stanford & Lousiville, may be UConn's toughest competition this year. SC, in particular, is a poor match-up with Boston in the middle. Given our very weak schedule, we may have to beat either Baylor or SC to claim a #1-seed. Depaul as our "best" victory will not sit well with the committee.

Reaction Score
SC, followed by Stanford & Lousiville, may be UConn's toughest competition this year. SC, in particular, is a poor match-up with Boston in the middle. Given our very weak schedule, we may have to beat either Baylor or SC to claim a #1-seed. Depaul as our "best" victory will not sit well with the committee.

As of yesterday Baylor’s SoS was 60 spots lower than UConns, so there is that too.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
I believe the difference in all the big games will be Evina CW and Paige. I expect the Baylor game to be in the 60's. We have the guards bottom line who can create, pass, and handle the ball. Both teams will play their game however our guards are difference makers and theyre getting better each and every game. I expect UConn to play a zone against Baylor who is not an especially great long range shooting team. It may be close but I believe UConn wins by double digets. Im dont know how Baylor will slow down our guards. In a zone Liv will be less likely to foul. We are gonna get a really good look at where we are as a team and indivdually after this game. Our weaknesses will be exposed and with that said so will our strengths.

Reaction Score
If Liv holds up and gives us say 12 and 10, I think we win.

I expect good/solid games from starters: AM, CW and EW. I think PB really goes off this game. She has been really close to doing that thus far, but I think this is the game she really takes off! We pass the ball so well that it will lead to a lot of easy buckets for our bigs.

Also, possibly a surprise name: AE with some nice minutes for us.

My only worry is Liv. She needs to hold up and stay in the game. I think the rest of the dominoes will fall.

Reaction Score
Christmas Eve and I'll wait another day to read through the pages. Just a few thoughts from the cheap seats. Gusters and Andrews aren't quite as ready as we had all hoped they would be for meanningful minutes from firstyears. And though I trust KMulkey to know WAY more than i do about our best 5, I'm not sure anyone in Waco is really excited about the didi Richards at point idea. Her back seems to be fine; she just lost a lot of conditioning during the time she could barely walk, much less run. And no news here, we miss Lauren Cox in ways much more than just her points scored. We don't have a take charge team leader like Lauren was--at least not yet.

Have a Merry one tomorrow.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Christmas Eve and I'll wait another day to read through the pages. Just a few thoughts from the cheap seats. Gusters and Andrews aren't quite as ready as we had all hoped they would be for meanningful minutes from firstyears. And though I trust KMulkey to know WAY more than i do about our best 5, I'm not sure anyone in Waco is really excited about the didi Richards at point idea. Her back seems to be fine; she just lost a lot of conditioning during the time she could barely walk, much less run. And no news here, we miss Lauren Cox in ways much more than just her points scored. We don't have a take charge team leader like Lauren was--at least not yet.

Have a Merry one tomorrow.

Just judging from what I've seen of the top teams, a lot of the top teams are lacking in senior leadership... it's almost like nobody brought in a '17 recruiting class.

Reaction Score
I think we will need contributions from everyone, as I can see Dee Dee Richards limiting Paige. As good as Paige is, Richards is a senior DPOY, and she will limit Paige's output.

Reaction Score
Anna, Anna....,Who has a '5th' starter to compare to her? Probably nobody. The aspect of her game
that needs work is offensive confidence. Anna is a presence on the floor....not to worry too much...she has game. She is there to get the pass and find the shooter and knows where she belongs. She is fluid. Her size and rebounding are excellent.. Anna is a complement to the entire team.. Her shooting will come around, certainly we have seen that before. Lastly, she is a heck of a teammate and her team appears to have a confidence in her. Coach knows! Go Anna.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
not every team is capable of beating everyone.....
It applies to all those that can. Baylor, SC. LVille are unlikely to beat UConn missing chippies and FT.

Base on what I’ve seen unless they are stone cold, I still think UConn can lose only to teams that play solid D and have a good, physical inside play on both sides of the ball. What I’m interested in seeing is what Bueckers does in games where trying to involve ONO in most plays doesn’t make sense. Right now, putting aside foul issues, the way Liv is playing, I’d let her score 100 by herself if she isn’t being stopped. I think Bueckers knows it. Spreading the scoring is great, but keeping the ball in the hands of a close in shooter who isn’t being handled makes sense.

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
I'll put this quote out this from Amb3096 on VolNation; "Sadly, I think this year is UConn's to lose. Their starting 5 has no real weaknesses, and they have enough depth on the bench to not have a drop off. I didn't think Bueckers would come flying out of the gates like she has. As impressive as Clark, Van Lith and Paopao have been...Bueckers has had no problems showing why she was the #1 recruit."

The poster is one of the 4 or 5 best over there and seems to have a good handle on WCBB. Of course I gave him/her a like.

IMHO, it's going to be a mess for Baylor if they are still playing Didi at point guard. I've always liked her but at the point she is a terrific wing. If Kim doesn't find an acceptable point guard by Jan. 7 Baylor is in a world of hurt unless Egbo can grab every offensive rebound. I imagine Aaliyah will have one assignment and that is to keep her off the O glass. If we cover the defensive rebounds it will be off to the races. The ladys in American flag blue will look like greyhounds.

Reaction Score
I'll put this quote out this from Amb3096 on VolNation; "Sadly, I think this year is UConn's to lose. Their starting 5 has no real weaknesses, and they have enough depth on the bench to not have a drop off. I didn't think Bueckers would come flying out of the gates like she has. As impressive as Clark, Van Lith and Paopao have been...Bueckers has had no problems showing why she was the #1 recruit."

The poster is one of the 4 or 5 best over there and seems to have a good handle on WCBB. Of course I gave him/her a like.

IMHO, it's going to be a mess for Baylor if they are still playing Didi at point guard. I've always liked her but at the point she is a terrific wing. If Kim doesn't find an acceptable point guard by Jan. 7 Baylor is in a world of hurt unless Egbo can grab every offensive rebound. I imagine Aaliyah will have one assignment and that is to keep her off the O glass. If we cover the defensive rebounds it will be off to the races. The ladys in American flag blue will look like greyhounds.
Saying someone is one of the 4 or 5 best on VolNation is faint praise. :rolleyes:

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Saying someone is one of the 4 or 5 best on VolNation is faint praise. :rolleyes:
Amb3096 is clearly a loyal LV fan but is quite capable of objective, knowledgeable analysis of other teams.

Volnation has its share of homers and haters, sure, but is no better or worse than any fan board, including the Boneyard. It’s far more readable than the Summitt.

Reaction Score
Amb3096 is clearly a loyal LV fan but is quite capable of objective, knowledgeable analysis of other teams.

Volnation has its share of homers and haters, sure, but is no better or worse than any fan board, including the Boneyard. It’s far more readable than the Summitt.

The comment was tongue in cheek. And I think that Volnation, as a general rule, is far, far less welcoming to the fans of other teams than the Boneyard.

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
Your opinion, not mine. There are some pretty good guys over there, just like there are some jerks here.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom