OT: - Can Purvis become a WWE Superstar? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Can Purvis become a WWE Superstar?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The New Day, a trio of African Americans recently beat the all time record for longest reigning tag team champions.

Reaction Score
He was more than a midcarder in the mid-80s - I don't equate "world title" as a main event personality - a quick search tells me he won the first WWE pay per view event in '85 by "beating" Iron Sheik (Champ in '83) and Savage (Champ in '88) - but let's put that aside, because The Rock, who identifies as African American, is by far the largest crossover star the WWE ever had and I completely pass over that.

JYD was never involved in any prominent Wrestlemania matches and the list of people he actually feuded with were not main event level talent. You wouldn't find a single knowledgable wrestling fan that would agree with your take that JYD was a main event guy.

Rock is racially ambiguous in apperance and clearly identifies aspects of both parents heritage, though he was booked as one of the members of the Nation of Domination black militant group. Still, I'm sure anyone can note the differences between Rock and a guy like Booker T.

I did also forget that Mark Henry did get a run with 1 of the world titles a few years back, brief as it was.

Reaction Score
The New Day, a trio of African Americans recently beat the all time record for longest reigning tag team champions.

Never said the tag/IC/US belts were part of this. There have been plenty of African American midcard champs throughput the years.

Bobby Lashley?

Lashley never held the WWE or World Heavyweight titles. He did hold the ECW title, but that was much less prestigious than the 2 main brand titles.

Reaction Score
Current WWE Smackdown Women's Champion, Naomi

trinity-mccray-2.jpg

Reaction Score
JYD was a midcarder during his time in WWF. Booker T was the only African American to hold a world title belt really ever in the WWF/E.
JYD was one of the most popular wrestlers ever and my all-time favorite along with Roddy Piper.

Reaction Score
JYD was one of the most popular wrestlers ever and my all-time favorite along with Roddy Piper.

He was arguably one of the most popular wrestlers of the era for sure but that makes it look worse that he was never utilized as a main eventer in WWF.

Reaction Score
Current WWE Smackdown Women's Champion, Naomi

trinity-mccray-2.jpg

Jacqueline was women's champ back in the late 90s. Alicia Fox also had the women's belt a few years back. Sasha Banks was also champion at a few different points last year. The only noticeable dearth is with the main world titles.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
The Godfather with the ho train

Kamala

August_West

Reaction Score
Never said the tag/IC/US belts were part of this. There have been plenty of African American midcard champs throughput the years.

Lashley never held the WWE or World Heavyweight titles. He did hold the ECW title, but that was much less prestigious than the 2 main brand titles.

lol you are such a mark if you think fake titles mean anything. It's about drawing money

Reaction Score
lol you are such a mark if you think fake titles mean anything. It's about drawing money

The company controls the narrative and is hugely responsible in the creation of their draws/stars. They also put their top titles on their top draws.

Pretty poor troll attempt honestly.

Reaction Score

You said main eventer, not champions.

August_West

Reaction Score
The company controls the narrative and is hugely responsible in the creation of their draws/stars. They also put their top titles on their top draws.

Pretty poor troll attempt honestly.

No they are not. They want to be but they aren't. You are a bigger mark than I thought.

History is littered with guys who get over on their own.

I must've missed the big Daniel Bryan push on his wwe entry . The company reacts to guys getting over and THEN makes decisions.

Conversely history is littered with early company pushes that fail miserably.

Lol at the mark who doesn't know how the business works.

I got news for you, mark. Vince McMahon actually survived his limo being blown up on Monday night raw. Hard to believe but there it is

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom