Status
Not open for further replies.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
and UConn tough

1655281582038.png

Reaction Score
I don’t see her playing pg, but she can definitely be a 2 as well as a 3 and occasional 4. At Fairfield she mainly played the 4. Geno often says he likes kids who can fill more than one spot. That’s definitely who Lou is.

Reaction Score
Who does her game remind you of? She looks like a Paige clone at least offensively. When Paige is not on the floor, Lou should be and I'm sure she will spell a lot of other players as well. Lou may be a major asset next year.
She does remind me of Paige, just in terms of being ready to fire off screens and then having a quick dribble pull up. She also has decent size, I wonder who is taller. She seems like she can really create her own shot which is great. She shot 40 percent from 3 last year which is great. Her shooting percentages against some 9f the power conference teams wasn't so great but it seems like she had to take a lot of difficult shots. When trying to come up with scoring averages I had her around 10. It really depends on minutes but what I admire about Geno is he lets do them and play their game, so I think she'll be able to score.

Reaction Score
Who does her game remind you of? She looks like a Paige clone at least offensively. When Paige is not on the floor, Lou should be and I'm sure she will spell a lot of other players as well. Lou may be a major asset next year.
I saw some Paige in her as well. Mostly from a standpoint of quick decisions reading the defense, and the ability with a variety of moves to get just enough separation to consistently get her shot off with a defender close by. In addition to the skills you mentioned the step-back and fade aways were impressive as well. The rest of her abilities may be nothing special by Uconn standards, but it is clear she is both shooter and scorer.

She will face much better opponents and defenders this year, but on the other hand she will not be the focus of the defenses. You can't leave or cheat off of Paige or Azzi to help on Lou, so she should get quite a few open looks, and when creating your own shot is necessary she can do that too, but will probably be expected to do that less often than at Fairfield due to Uconn having many other good offensive options.

Reaction Score
Fairfield listed Lou at 6'1". I haven't seen a lot of pics of Lou and Paige next to one another, so it's hard to judge. She's not any smaller than Paige at least.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Nice little step back move. I like that she can create, too. Any combo of Paige, Azzi, Caroline, and Lou are going to be hard to guard because they can all score in so many different ways.

Lou should have gotten an And One on that second shot against Texas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom