Can it happen again | The Boneyard

Can it happen again

Reaction Score
Is it possible that UConn fans wait and wait for the number one player in the country to sign only to lose her to a team closer to home Ola Haley Jones in Stamford. What is the probability of missing out on miss Fudd. Getting nervous watching South Carolina stack up.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Hey guys were loaded with top players. Not alot of room for more. Westbrook #2 Liv #5 CW #1 Deberry #5 Paige #1 Anna and Nina top players in Europe everybody is raving about Griff and her potential. Now look who else is coming in over the next 2 years and ICE #2 in 2 years. I dont think you have to worry about UConn winning NC's Dont forget we've got the best coaching staff in WCBB. As many top recruits as SC has we have more top 5. After the SC announcements for recruits these last few days Im even more convinced Azzi is coming to UConn. Its all about being able to develop your talent into a team concept and getting play time for each of them.

Reaction Score
Guess we'll just have to wait,but just don't go crAZZI over it.
1590970732476.png
:)

Reaction Score
Hey guys were loaded with top players. Not alot of room for more. Westbrook #2 Liv #5 CW #1 Deberry #5 Paige #1 Anna and Nina top players in Europe everybody is raving about Griff and her potential. Now look who else is coming in over the next 2 years and ICE #2 in 2 years. I dont think you have to worry about UConn winning NC's Dont forget we've got the best coaching staff in WCBB. As many top recruits as SC has we have more top 5. After the SC announcements for recruits these last few days Im even more convinced Azzi is coming to UConn. Its all about being able to develop your talent into a team concept and getting play time for each of them.
Those are HS rankings by gurus/fans. They mean nothing once they get to college.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
The only thing you should be convinced about is that Azzi is undecided about what school she wants to attend. Also, remember, UConn had a period last year when they got commitments from a few highly ranked players, with less fanfare. Okay Kaizen, UConn can say we have Paige and they don't but I want them to also say we have Azzi and they don't. However, UConn will survive without her if need be.

Reaction Score
I just mean a number 1 ranked player coming out of high school who can be a team leader(that’s a given with Paige) , clear go to player who can take over games, and possibly lead the team to a title.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Is it possible that UConn fans wait and wait for the number one player in the country to sign only to lose her to a team closer to home Ola Haley Jones in Stamford. What is the probability of missing out on miss Fudd. Getting nervous watching South Carolina stack up.

Anything is possible. But, we don't want to inject any bad karma or mojo here while we're waiting for Azzi to reveal her decision. We have a better chance than other schools because her BFF is here. That may or may not mean something, we'll see.

So, let's all remain positive and hope she wants to be coached by one of the best coaches ever in WCBB, and realizes that she'll have a real good chance of winning a natty or two in the process. :)

I was real nervous about Azzi's decision earlier, but I've tempered my anxiety, backed away from the ledge, and will accept whatever comes. It's not life or death, simply WCBB. Regardless, the sun will rise tomorrow. ;) Since we can't do anything but wait and hope, I'll remind you of something that noted philosopher Aaron Rodgers once said.........R-E-L-A-X.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I just hope Paige is more like Stewart, Moore, and not like Lou, Walker, and Williams.
3 time AA, 2 time Conference Player of the year, 10th highest scorer in UCONN WBB History...and would surely have been higher had she not gotten kneed in the spine on senior day., only player in College BB (Men or Women) to go 10 for 10 from 3 pt range in a game... But Paige needs to exceed those accomplishments to be considered successful... NO pressure kid!! Championships are a Team accomplishment, not individual...

Reaction Score
woah, what the what?? This is a bad take. We were lucky to have all of those players. Each one of them would have been a once-in-a-lifetime for most other programs.
I understand both sides here. Are we fortunate to get all those players? Absolutely, but there are some #1 or #2 ranked high school recruits that are head and shoulders above others. It seems to me Uconn has had a dozen or more recruits that were #1, but Stewart and Moore are at another level, probably on Uconn's Mount Rushmore with DT etc. In some years the top of the list doesn't have that future superstar.

I thought Kelsey Plum for example was a pretty big disappointment as the #1 WNBA pick a few years ago but when I looked at how the rest of that draft turned out, maybe not, it was just a horrible class that year.

This is not so much a critique of the other three, as hoping that Paige with her hype is closer to the Stewart, Moore level of player than a mid level #1 recruit. It also seems like Azzi might be considered that level of player as well.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Yeah, those three were a disaster. Lou is what, 5th all-time in scoring?
The two players, Moore and Stewart, have six NC between them while the other three have only one combined. Maybe Go/huskies hopes Paige will be more like Moore and Stewart and lead UConn to multiple NC. Williams still has a chance and she will be playing with what seems to be NC caliber talent.

Reaction Score
After reading th Boneyard for many years, there are a couple of things I dislike. Speculation in many forms, but mostly about the angst of who will sign with us, who will not, and who went with another team, and what could have been. I don't get nervous, except when watching th games!

Reaction Score
Go/huskies acts like those players were failures. UConn is not going to win every championship. Was it disappointing to get to the Final Four and not win? Yes. The ones most disappointed were the players. They gave it everything they had. How dare they not win the championship. I guess COVID-19 didn't teach some people anything. Also, I can't stand people who act like they could have done better.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjblox

Top Bottom