Can Cuse and Duke both lose? | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Can Cuse and Duke both lose?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
When you haven't won a national championship in over 10 years, this is what you have to get hard for. A narrow victory against the #17 team in the country missing its star player and only two big men for the final minute and a half, and the entire overtime period.

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
This was a good game but laughable the way it was portrayed by the media, the coaches and especially the announcers…….JB had the balls to say there was never a game like that at the Dome before….what a piece of crap he is now, laughable quite honestly………Gtwon, St Johns, BC, UConn, Nova have all had better and BIGGER games there…….so there were 10K people who were dumb enough to buy tickets and NOT be able to actually see the game? Who gives a rats butt………this was a game of 2 teams who have won very little in the past 10 years, very little of meaning…..this whole ESPN craze is really funny.

But to the game, how ironic it was to watch Coach K's team get hosed on someone else's court huh? Funny stuff……..want something funnier? Watch what happens to the Orange and the whiny one when they visit Cameron and every player is fouled out LOL…….Dicky V and numb nuts jacking off about Fair but never mentioned every time he missed a big FT? Nice job guys, good with the bad?…….that's a foul on the attempted dunk by Hood period! No brainer…….Parkers 5th was a joke - an absolute fall but Christmas who stopped playing D………Plumlee didn't touch Ennis on his shot either in OT with about 4o second left……..refs really suck these days don't they?

Funniest and maybe dumbest play - Cooney backing up on the last second 3 by Soulaimon…..before he actually came back to try to get his hand in his face, he somehow backed up about 10 feet inside the arch….why? A lay up means nothing Cooney…….nice job!

Anyway I was hoping for 15 OT's until even the coaches fouled out and everyone went home a loser……….these 2 programs are real easy to dislike for sure!! Congrats to the Orange fans who were up in that deep corner with Shannon Spait - you're the dumbest people on earth!:eek:
Agree about the hype. It was a good game, but clearly and without a doubt, the ESPN marketing machine was speeding like a meth addled whore. Truly sickening...

Reaction Score
The Hood play was definitely a foul, he got raked across the arm. The fifth foul on Parker was a joke, Christmas should get an Oscar for his performance tonight.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
image.jpg

Reaction Score
Anyone who is so stupid to not watch this game is a tool. What a great ending to regulation.

Good for the teams. I had something better to do this evening.

It stinks I didn’t get to see Duke lose, but that would have been negated by Cuse winning.

Oh, and shoot me in the head if the best thing I can imagine doing on a Saturday night is watching Bernie Fine’s school play basketball. I’ll be over and done with if it comes to that. There are better things in life.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Good for the teams. I had something better to do this evening.

It stinks I didn’t get to see Duke lose, but that would have been negated by Cuse winning.

Oh, and shoot me in the head if the best thing I can imagine doing on a Saturday night is watching Bernie Fine’s school play basketball. I’ll be over and done with if it comes to that. There are better things in life.

Lol. Yet you can carve out time to post that you have better things to do.

Reaction Score
The Hood play was definitely a foul, he got raked across the arm. The fifth foul on Parker was a joke, Christmas should get an Oscar for his performance tonight.

I was thinking that same thing about Christmas. He's lucky he's not in the NBA. He'd be getting a phone call telling him where to mail his flopping checks to.

Reaction Score
I didn't see the game, but I did see that block as the end of OT, and it looked like a good no call to me. It looked like he got the ball before there was contact on the dunkers arm. The contact was minimal. I could understand the uproar if he had crushed him on that play. I should be a foul when a defender body-slams a player even after getting the ball first, which is often missed, but in this case it looked like a let them play on and decide it on the court legit no-call.

Hindsight is 20-20. Most plays like that end in a dunk, an and-one or some sort of shooting foul. It was just a great defensive play. Maybe the Dook player should have protected the ball and laid it in off the glass or used the rim as protection, laying it in on the other side.

Again based only on a handful of replays, it looked like dook made a few critical winning time mistakes that cost them the game. That Christmas flop against Parker was almost as bad as the missed call on Giffey that resulted in KO's ejection a couple weeks back.

The one silver lining is at least one of those teams experienced a heartbreaker. That's the type of los that could result in a mini losing streak, depending on who dook has to face next. Hopefully SU will eventually take few lumps on the road. I don't know who they have to face this next month but hopefully will play a few of the top ACC schools on their floors such as dook for a payback game.

Reaction Score
Watched the game with the sound off. I think that Vitale has pictures of ESPN management doing something illegal since he blathers on constantly, much of the time with irrelevant and uninteresting nonsense. He does know the game well but is unfortunately a parody of himself. Shulman is a prop and could almost be a cardboard cut-out. The ESPN shill machine has gotten so bad now that it rivals North Korean propaganda in its sheer obviousness and drooling. All that said, it was a great game to watch and showed that K is a much better coach than Boogers, but that Boogers can recruit. Fear not, SU will probably lose in Durham and certainly choke at some point in the NCAA's because Boogers will be out-coached, a typical SU result.

Reaction Score
I watched a few more replays of that blocked dunk and he did get the elbow first before getting the ball. It should of been a foul and two big shots. To the refs' defense, it happened so quickly that it must have been extremely hard to tell if he got the ball first and had any contact or incidental on the follow through.

Reaction Score
The one thing I did notice which makes the Cuse zone easy, if you have a high post threat you'll kill it……..every time Jefferson or Plumlee got the ball there, back to the basket they never turned and looked at the basket instead opting to look for open shooters immediately on the wings………post up someone who can shoot it because Christmas and Keita just stay near the basket…..don't get me wrong I'm sure it's designed that way by the whiny snot guy but if you have 4 spots on the floors covered to shoot the ball including the post this is one of the easiest zones to bust they ever threw out there. While they continue to say how long it is blah blah blah this is not one of their best. Ennis is okay on top and Cooney is awful…….they will run into someone who just shoots it well - heck might be Vermont!

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
upstater said:
Good for the teams. I had something better to do this evening. It stinks I didn’t get to see Duke lose, but that would have been negated by Cuse winning. Oh, and shoot me in the head if the best thing I can imagine doing on a Saturday night is watching Bernie Fine’s school play basketball. I’ll be over and done with if it comes to that. There are better things in life.

The constant ped st apologist sickened by Bernie fine. Ok.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
You realize you don't make any sense right?

Yes I don't make any sense.

You have a half dozen posts in a thread about a game that you claim was beneath you to watch.

This is patently ridiculous even by your standard.

Reaction Score
I saw the Rodney Hood play on vine... the defender clearly hit him on the forearm and thats a definite foul. Wasn't a block, he just pushed his arm and hood lost control... horrible no call.

Reaction Score
Yes I don't make any sense.

You have a half dozen posts in a thread about a game that you claim was beneath you to watch.

This is patently ridiculous even by your standard.

A. half dozen = 6. I had 3.
B. I had better things to do.
C. What's laughably pathetic is that the height of your Saturday night's aspirations is a Cuse bball game. Now, as a parent of sub-10s, my Saturday night's are frequently spent in such a fashion. That's often my default these days. But I certainly hope for better. I can't even imagine being in your shoes where a game like that is nirvana.
D. I posted at 10:30 pm, about a half hour after I got home last night.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
A. half dozen = 6. I had 3.
B. I had better things to do.
C. What's laughably pathetic is that the height of your Saturday night's aspirations is a Cuse bball game. Now, as a parent of sub-10s, my Saturday night's are frequently spent in such a fashion. That's often my default these days. But I certainly hope for better. I can't even imagine being in your shoes where a game like that is nirvana.
D. I posted at 10:30 pm, about a half hour after I got home last night.

You posted at 10 am genius.

The best Saturdays are the ones spent watching college basketball and football. I'd hardly say I was in Nirvana or claiming I was. Take shots if you like, but you live in Buffalo so really look in a mirror before you throw stones.

As usual, I'm merely pointing out how idiotic your stance is. If you don't care about something why would you take the time to post about it? Oh I know because you are childish and if you put your fingers in your ears and stamp your feet somehow Duke and Syracuse didn't play a great game in front of a huge auidence that kept Syracuse undefeated and moved them to #1 in the polls.

Reaction Score
You posted at 10 am genius.

The best Saturdays are the ones spent watching college basketball and football. I'd hardly say I was in Nirvana or claiming I was. Take shots if you like, but you live in Buffalo so really look in a mirror before you throw stones.

As usual, I'm merely pointing out how idiotic your stance is. If you don't care about something why would you take the time to post about it? Oh I know because you are childish and if you put your fingers in your ears and stamp your feet somehow Duke and Syracuse didn't play a great game in front of a huge auidence that kept Syracuse undefeated and moved them to #1 in the polls.

Holy cow, I'm talking about when I came home and posted at 10:30 pm.

Stop freaking out and take a deep breath. You're incensed over nothing. Don't kick your dog.

And yeah, it is pathetic that you believe missing a Cuse game on a Saturday night makes one a tool.

I had better things to do.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
The greatest regular season game in the history of basketball ended up being between two teams that got run out of the first weekend of the tournament by Dayton and Mercer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom