Can anyone muster up one positive takeaway? | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Can anyone muster up one positive takeaway?

Reaction Score
Hey Guys,

I wish these talented UConn players all the best playing this beautiful autumn game that they love, at HC this week, & for the rest of the season. Edsall & the coaches? Those losers can ALL go fly a kite. LOSERS! They are the ones letting the kids down, & making their livings off the players' bodies, while losing 45-0 in the season opener! Disgusting!

Big-time college football's viability in the Northeast is a thing of the past, IMO. I know this after watching UConn football hit rock bottom for over a decade in FBS, flying all over the place in the AAC, & spending way too much money on this secondary (at UConn) sport. And then, it consistently 'achieves' Randy Edsall 2.0 results. Not the players fault! Shame on the "leadership" for taking that route.

I would rather see the game played against the Huskies' natural regional rivals - going 8-4 against them, rather than 1-10 against schools we fans don't give a darn about, & who are better coached in regions that take the game more seriously. Should be accept the $mil for being Clemson's 70-6 patsy? No! That inferior school can keep their "punk money. Give it to pirates like Marshall!

Big-time FBS football as an independent will never be a winning money-maker or a successful model for any future sport at UConn. As much as we'd like to pretend we are Big-Ten-type, macho men in the 1-2 consolidating conferences that pillage amateur sport with their complete greed, we never will be. Remember how FBS football realignment killed our amazing Big East hoops league back then?!?)

There are better ways to keep this dying sport alive in New England, with integrity AND success. The Ivies provide one healthy model. New England/NE FCS another. But it seems that's for future generations to figure out.

Just my opinions, guys. I only want to see the players, the school & the State of Connecticut succeed, & do what is best - for ALL students & residents - & even the FB fans during these craziest of times, Ha!

Take Care, Stay Healthy!
Father Demo

PS: In this age of raging Delta, it's a wonder that any live college or pro sports are being played anywhere. It's almost immoral that we allow that & encourage it. But it's all about the bucks, kids! And that sadly is the primaryreligion in the US of A! -Father Demo-
I don’t care about the state of CT. I don’t care about UCONN. I’ve always been a fan of UCONN athletics.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01
Top Bottom